Why has the Sterling post been removed?

jessicas dad:

26 years an Lgv Trainer:

Rikki-UK:
steve

there are a number of people involved here, not just here at TruckNet/RBI

at this time keeping the original post out of public view is in the best interest of all those closely involved.

awwww we are bieng protected. by rikki awwww is your surname lake ? Rikki Lake ?

why dont you get off your high horse. the thread will be back when everything is resolved.

I post as i see fit, if you do not like what i post then ignore them.
High Horse !!
Go drink Ya Milk

I am happy to take over the campaign, though I would make some small changes. I am not convinced about your charity idea, I would rather see them reform or out of the business.

I make a living out of designing web sites so the code is no problem to me.

Heather, I have sent you a PM.

Dave

The Campain will have to be done via pm i gues …

Anyone want any help on the taboo subject pm Me

The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of TruckNet or any entity associated with TruckNet or the Truck Net Drivers RoundTable. The individual member remains solely responsible for the content of their messages, and as a potential poster, you agree to indemnify and hold harmless TruckNet, and their agents and employee’s with respect to any claim based upon transmission of your message(s)

Any member whom feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by email. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary. This is a manual process, however, so please realize that we may not be able to remove or edit particular messages immediately.

Although TruckNetSM is not responsible for the content of any of these messages, and while it is not anticipated censorship will be an issue, TruckNetSM reserves the right to delete any message for any, or no reason whatsoever.

You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages, and you agree to indemnify and hold harmless TruckNet, and their agents with respect to any claim based upon transmission of your message(s).

TruckNetSM reserves the right to reveal your identity (or whatever information we know about you) in the event of legal action arising from any message posted by you.

26 years an Lgv Trainer:
High Horse !!
Go drink Ya Milk

well on the same note if dont like the site and its rules go and post somewhere else, i can think of 2 sites, one will let you post anything but laugh you straight of the site and the other one will be just the same as this one. choice is yours but stop wittering on. :exclamation:

Heather:
Unfortunately Rikki is spot on here…

Much as I think the law ■■■■■ on this issue and much as I’d like to see sterling out of business, I dont want Trucknet to take a thrashing from sterlings lawyers.

We need to be very careful with this thread, please everybody refrain from posting anthing risky about sterling for the time being as we are being watched and as I said i dont want to be party to a legal case against trucknet. If we slate sterling in this thread anymore it will be removed anyway.

Saying that, I am still interested in information though and would appreciate if people could PM me rather than using this thread.

If Heather, who put up the ‘other site’ is happy with the Trucknetuk take on this situation, then I fail to see why others are objecting :confused: :confused: :confused:

Rikki-UK:
steve

there are a number of people involved here, not just here at TruckNet/RBI

at this time keeping the original post out of public view is in the best interest of all those closely involved.

Should that be RBI/Trucknet?.

26 years an Lgv Trainer:
You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages, and you agree to indemnify and hold harmless TruckNet, and their agents with respect to any claim based upon transmission of your message(s).

TruckNetSM reserves the right to reveal your identity (or whatever information we know about you) in the event of legal action arising from any message posted by you.

And your point is?
Those terms are pretty standard for most forums and message boards

that doesnt mean we cant be sued for what you post, all it says if we are sued then we will come calling to whoever caused us to get sued to repay any costs incurred.

I have desire at all to be in the situation where a member here gets sued along with us, gets hit for a amount of costs and damages from whoever is sueing, then compounding that by taking the member to court to get whatever we have had to pay out back of them. especially when using a little common sense when posting could have avoided it all in the first place. :unamused:

jessicas dad:

26 years an Lgv Trainer:
High Horse !!
Go drink Ya Milk

well on the same note if dont like the site and its rules go and post somewhere else, i can think of 2 sites, one will let you post anything but laugh you straight of the site and the other one will be just the same as this one. choice is yours but stop wittering on. :exclamation:

we only laugh the tools off the site btw… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

jessicas dad:

26 years an Lgv Trainer:
High Horse !!
Go drink Ya Milk

post the links then jessicas dad or is that not allowed ?

26 years an Lgv Trainer:
post the links then jessicas dad or is that not allowed ?

PM me and I will gladly supply you with the links… :wink: :wink:

Send the links please

Also this is worth looking at

link deleted mm
Amazing what you can find :open_mouth:

Reposting anything from a link that has been removed on here for legal reasons cannot be allowed.

We do have a set of rules and a sanction system which we would normally follow, however in serious cases and we deem reposting links to such material serious we will suspend posting rights immediatly

Please do not continue to post such links

From here

1. While in normal circumstances we will follow the above procedures, there may be extreme cases where we have to involve Reed Business Information, or the legal team, in those cases we may have to remove posting rights instantly without following all the above steps while waiting for a response. The time spent under suspension while waiting for a response will count toward whatever suspension is then applied.

Why is a company like Reed scared of Sterling?

Sterling are a two-bit company with 5 employees and a dirty yard in Essex. They will never, ever take this to court. They don’t have the cash and they know they can’t win.

Look at this site: http://www.tescoripoff.com - Tesco cannot shut this site down after several legal challenges. What chance do you think a tinpot outfit like Sterling have of getting Reed Publishing to remove a post or two.

This is a forum for opinion. Instead of asking us to provide proof of Sterling’s sharp practices…why don’t you ask Sterling to prove that they DON’T do what every single person on this forum knows they DO.

Please put Heathers post back up.

Rikki - you are culpable of allowing people to be fleeced of £1000’s - how can you live with yourself?

Disgusting.

Why don’t you call Sterling Rikki? Pretend to be a customer - see what they ‘offer’ you. Then, with a clear conscience, put the post back up.

JT

I don’t think that blaming Rikki is the answer as he has to answer to his masters who charge him with a remit to follow - IMO, he is only doing what he has been paid to do.

Bit like blaming the driver because the TM forgot to schedule the load :exclamation:

Rikki/Admin

Would a link to Sterlings Terms and Conditions be acceptable?
let peeps make their own minds up from that if they follow the link.

MADBAZ:
Rikki/Admin

Would a link to Sterlings Terms and Conditions be acceptable?
let peeps make their own minds up from that if they follow the link.

Just to expand on that -

if yes to the idea put forward by MADBAZ, would we be allowed to put those terms into ‘PLAIN ENGLISH’ :question: :question:

JT, Madbaz and Dave,

Heathers post cannot be put back up as this will cause problems for ALL involved.

If anyone has any proof of any company doing anything illegal they are invited to e-mail me the proof and I will forward it onto the CM/MT journalists to investigate.

Disliking the way any company does business or how they present their products is NOT proof of anything illegal.

We cannot and will not allow any allegations to be made against any company without being given proof that we can use to defend the allegations in court…

If anyone really feels strongly enough that publishing such allegations is worth the possible financial risks there nothing stopping you using one of the free webhosts to do this yourselves. Do not expect others to bear that risk for you.

ROG:
Just to expand on that -

if yes to the idea put forward by MADBAZ, would we be allowed to put those terms into ‘PLAIN ENGLISH’ :question: :question:

Obviously not, as they would then no longer be their terms and conditions if you alter them in anyway and would defeat the purpose of MADBAZ’s idea. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Coffeeholic:

ROG:
Just to expand on that -

Obviously not, as they would then no longer be their terms and conditions if you alter them in anyway and would defeat the purpose of MADBAZ’s idea. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Not ALTERING but doing what the ‘plain english’ people do - they take a lot of one type of wording that hides it true meaning and then put it into plain language - was just a thought :slight_smile:

Does anyone know anything regarding the Companies Act, if A Ltd was taken over by B Ltd, if A Ltd was dissolved (voluntarily or otherwise), wouldn’t they have to have ceased trading beforehand? or am I talking bull?