The UK Proffesional drivers forum (flip-flops)

People from Hartlepool are known as “monkey hangers” because it is (probably apocryphally) suggested that they hanged a monkey during the Napoleonic Wars in the mistaken belief that it was a French spy. This clearly intimates that the locals were (and still are) rather dim-witted, but I don’t know anyone from Hartlepool who considers the term to be anything other than humour.

I wonder if the OP has done any research to discover whether eastern Europeans are offended by being referred to as “flip flops” (or are even aware of the term?) Is he possibly just following the modern trend of being offended on somebody else’s behalf?

Chester, I find your photo arrogant and offensive. Does that make me racist?

Harry Monk:
People from Hartlepool are known as “monkey hangers” because it is (probably apocryphally) suggested that they hanged a monkey during the Napoleonic Wars in the mistaken belief that it was a French spy. This clearly intimates that the locals were (and still are) rather dim-witted, but I don’t know anyone from Hartlepool who considers the term to be anything other than humour.

I wonder if the OP has done any research to discover whether eastern Europeans are offended by being referred to as “flip flops” (or are even aware of the term?) Is he possibly just following the modern trend of being offended on somebody else’s behalf?

Back in the day Hartlepool Rugby Club had a monkey hanging from a jibbet as their official club blazer badge.
I suppose calling somebody from Sunderland a Mackem and a Middlesbrough resident a Smoggie will be racist next.
I was born in Gateshead ( Geordie) went to school in Washington and now officially live in Sunderland, wonder what that makes me.

Tyneside

Let’s not beat round the Bush. Whenever I have been in a Euro truck stop they are wearing flip flops. Because they are driving a couple of days between drops in shorts and t shirts.

The-Snowman:
On a professional truck drivers forum, why do you constantly post inane drivel?

How do you get away with it?

^^^ Oh my word, another Snowflake ^^^

Well a lot of snowflakes all jammed together :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

tyneside:
I was born in Gateshead ( Geordie) went to school in Washington and now officially live in Sunderland, wonder what that makes me.

Tyneside

Gateshead not Geordie wrong side of the river sorry

Actually Geordie is from South west Northumberland

Me born in Benwell school in Washington now live in Gateshead ( lived in many other places too )

Back in the day Hartlepool Rugby Club had a monkey hanging from a jibbet as their official club blazer badge.
I suppose calling somebody from Sunderland a Mackem and a Middlesbrough resident a Smoggie will be racist next.

Tyneside
[/quote]
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
would coming from that background normally not make you be referred to as … " the defendant" ■■ :slight_smile:

im from glasgow and live in northern ireland…all replies welcome while i look for my tin hat.

The-Snowman:
On a professional truck drivers forum, why do you constantly post inane drivel?

How do you get away with it?

Because it doesn’t break the forum rules.
“Disclaimer they may or may not be spelling mistakes in my above post”

Maybe my term of calling flip-flops as a racial thing maybe a little strong.
We could always explore the hate crime route!

Deogrity terms, ie labelling people has no such place in modern society.

chester:

No one cares except you.

I have an idea though. Since lack of professionalism in the industry, and some names you don’t like, seem to bother you so much then you’re in the wrong place. This forum is actually very tight on it. If you want to really try to tidy up the industry and go where its at its worst then I suggest you join a few facebook groups for professional hgv drivers. That’s where you’ll find the real low lifes within the industry and would be your best place to try to sort out use of words like flip-flop if it bothers you so much.

One piece of advice though, if youre going to do it and post the sort of stuff you post on here then you better be wearing your big boy pants because if you go in there throwing your weight about there are guys on those groups who will rip you apart inside 5 minutes when you dont have “not breaking forum rules” as your excuse for acting like a knob.

I reckon you’d struggle to last 5 minutes before you were back on here in your safety pond where you have mods and admins to hide behind

Just an idea. Happy hunting and do let me know how you get on

Big Truck:
Us Racists from NI/Ireland NEVER use the derogatory “Flip-flop”,
“Taliban” is handier!!! :grimacing:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
+1
its a shame were not allowed to post what we call the taliban though. :open_mouth:

The-Snowman:

chester:

No one cares except you.

I have an idea though. Since lack of professionalism in the industry, and some names you don’t like, seem to bother you so much then you’re in the wrong place. This forum is actually very tight on it. If you want to really try to tidy up the industry and go where its at its worst then I suggest you join a few facebook groups for professional hgv drivers. That’s where you’ll find the real low lifes within the industry and would be your best place to try to sort out use of words like flip-flop if it bothers you so much.

One piece of advice though, if youre going to do it and post the sort of stuff you post on here then you better be wearing your big boy pants because if you go in there throwing your weight about there are guys on those groups who will rip you apart inside 5 minutes when you dont have “not breaking forum rules” as your excuse for acting like a knob.

I reckon you’d struggle to last 5 minutes before you were back on here in your safety pond where you have mods and admins to hide behind

Just an idea. Happy hunting and do let me know how you get on

If I point out spelling mistakes in your post, then do I win the argument?
Asking for a friend.

So thats a no to posting where you cant hide behind admins?
Got it

chester:

The French call the English “Rosbifs” (Because all we ever eat is roast beef). The Germans call us “Inselaffes” (Island monkeys).

Although I am 99% convinced that you are simply trolling, on the offchance that you aren’t then my advice is to get over yourself.

Harry Monk:

chester:

The French call the English “Rosbifs” (Because all we ever eat is roast beef). The Germans call us “Inselaffes” (Island monkeys).

Although I am 99% convinced that you are simply trolling, on the offchance that you aren’t then my advice is to get over yourself.

^^^^^^^^^
what was the 1% that confused you then? :slight_smile:

dieseldog999:

Harry Monk:

chester:

^^^^^^^^^
what was the 1% that confused you then? :slight_smile:

He might just be a bit thick. :stuck_out_tongue:

touche… :smiley:

Iam confused…
Flip flop is any regular driver right?
We’re clear on that right?
I’ve just got a couple of query’s on a few posts over the last week that’s all.

refer to harry monks last two posts for your answer,or at least try harder and dont make it so obvious. :unamused:

These days the ‘serial offended’ loser’s are only offended for other people who couldn’t really give a toss, because they actually have a life that doesn’t include being offended by petty little skits that mean nothing to them, but the ‘serial offended’ have a desperate need to take the offender to task for their offending attitude towards people they have no knowledge of or interaction with ever! What a sad lot of trolls we seem to attract to a forum for ‘professional truck drivers’ :unamused: :sunglasses:

Regards
Dave Penn;