The UK Proffesional drivers forum (flip-flops)

On this professional truck drivers forum what do posters mean, when they refer to other drivers as flip-flops?
I’ve only been driving a few year, but even in my early years it must surely mean drivers from non UK Borders.
Which surley must be a bit racist.
How does this forum get away with it.

I’ve already screen shot the offending posts, before the mods delete and pretend it didn’t happen.

chester:
I’ve already screen shot the offending posts, before the mods delete and pretend it didn’t happen.

I am English and wear flip flops, They might be refering to Eastern European … all countries have names, ie the french call the English Beef, and the Brits I have some call them frogs in relation to eating frog legs.

You can screen shot as much as you like the term flip flop is not a direct racist Slur, maybe you should look up under the Racially Aggravated offence act RAO to determine what is a racist and non racist comment… sadly it is snowflakes like you who waste police resources on a Whim … I am in Australia and called a Pomme, am I a criminal no way … just man up ( sorry Person up I do not wish to offend you by using the word man).

Ok, so were clear that a flip-flop can refer to any driver from any country!
Glad we go that sorted early…

Flip-flop: definition- a truck driver from any country who is able to drive a truck.

discoman:
I am English and wear flip flops, They might be refering to Eastern European … all countries have names, ie the french call the English Beef, and the Brits I have some call them frogs in relation to eating frog legs.

You can screen shot as much as you like the term flip flop is not a direct racist Slur, maybe you should look up under the Racially Aggravated offence act RAO to determine what is a racist and non racist comment… sadly it is snowflakes like you who waste police resources on a Whim … I am in Australia and called a Pomme, am I a criminal no way … just man up ( sorry Person up I do not wish to offend you by using the word man).

Do you not find it strange that no slurs are directed at blue collar, steel toe capped workers. It’s always the Multi Nationals who tend to wear flip-flops in a work environment.
Beggars belief doesn’t it?

Us Racists from NI/Ireland NEVER use the derogatory “Flip-flop”,
“Taliban” is handier!!! :grimacing:

chester:
How does this forum get away with it.

I hope you realise its the snowflakes like you who devalue the term “racism” by trying to apply it to petty things where it has no place. A very dangerous thing to do.

Genuine racism is nasty (look up WWII), this isn’t racism as a nationality is not a race and we’re all (mostly anyway) grown-ups…simple.

Now you can go back to playing Minecraft knowing that you learned something useful today.

PS: Feel free to screenshot this.

i prefer to call them eogs. Mainly because i have a pair flipflops for use in showers and they are very usefull.
[emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

chester:

Looks like you need one of these hats, fella.

:unamused:

i dont think the actual flip-flop comment is racist, and in general we all know what it means, but its the wording around it that can make it seem racist, just a few posts on here i have cringed at because of the wording…

It’s the same as my Irish mates calling me (British) ‘Tan Man’.

Defecation Blending.

I am more concerned about Chester and the spelling, even dyslexics can copy.

Understand the term “race” before you try to force “racism issues” when there are non.

Indian or Pakistani even shortened is not racist. They are Asians. Chinese and Vietnamese are still Asians.

Zimbabwe’s people, Egyptians and Moroccans are Africans.

Polish, Bulgarians and Belgians are Europeans just like the British.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flip-flop: definition- a truck driver from any country who is able to drive a truck.
[/quote]
Sorry Chester but by definition a flipflop is a ‘truck driver’ from any country who is unable to drive a truck! Anyway always called my EE friends ski’s 'cos whatever country they come from ends in ski ie polski, russki, etc :slight_smile:

chester:
Ok, so were clear that a flip-flop can refer to any driver from any country!
Glad we go that sorted early…

No, a flip flop is specifically an eastern European, so called because it is their preferred choice of footwear.

I thought it was a joke at first…

In which case, perhaps there needs to be a review of the word Limpers. I’ve noticed that it has been used extensively to describe our brothers and sisters who either through personal choice which they are entitled to make, or as a result of the Globalist/Federalist/Capitalist elite, are unable to secure the permanent contract they desire, and it’s often used pejoratively.

I will also scan the adverts the ads on Trucknet as I see the ASA have decided that some adverts that show and enforce gender stereotyping will be banned. Next time I see a bloke in a picture behind the steering wheel of anything larger than a smart car, I’ll be on the phone as evidently it doesn’t reflect the gender composition of truckdrivers, which, as evidenced by my own eyes, is 50/50 split between men and women.

I really am getting weary of this world. :neutral_face:

chester:

:unamused: …I reckon you’ve got far too much spare time on your hands bud. :neutral_face:

Rascist my arse. :unamused:

What do you call a French trucker driving a Romanian truck?

Phillipe Fellloppe…
Thank you very much. :smiley:

Just a handy shorthand for EE drivers

Same as Limpers for agency drivers.

albion:
I thought it was a joke at first…

In which case, perhaps there needs to be a review of the word Limpers. I’ve noticed that it has been used extensively to describe our brothers and sisters who either through personal choice which they are entitled to make, or as a result of the Globalist/Federalist/Capitalist elite, are unable to secure the permanent contract they desire, and it’s often used pejoratively.

I will also scan the adverts the ads on Trucknet as I see the ASA have decided that some adverts that show and enforce gender stereotyping will be banned. Next time I see a bloke in a picture behind the steering wheel of anything larger than a smart car, I’ll be on the phone as evidently it doesn’t reflect the gender composition of truckdrivers, which, as evidenced by my own eyes, is 50/50 split between men and women.

I really am getting weary of this world. :neutral_face:

Pretty sure the OP is a limper.

Either that or a special person who’s given their carer the slip.

It used to be said that a room full of chimps with typewriters would eventually produce the works of Shakespeare -I think the op is getting there!

On your way troll, pick up your flip flops on your way. :smiley: