Stobart Channel 5 Friday!

Bewick:

Muckaway:
What would they need an FH16 700 for? Are going into abnormal load movements? I’dve thought an FH12 400 (or thereabouts) would be ample for Tescos.

Theres nothing funnier than seeing a 3 axle Stobart tractor pulling a 16ft? Tesco box van,the tractor unit is longer than the trailer!! I’d have thought one of those little urban Volvo’s would be more in keeping for the Tesco job surely?

so im told its often seen at sanwich place picking up tri full of them,i queried if there was a need for a 6x2 700 hp truck to pull loads that are normally pulled by 380 4x2 truck,didnt they quote £170 ,000 for truck +tri[i maybe wrong].
reason given to me was they didnt buy,lease truck,its a gift from volvo for either the amount of trucks theyve had off volvo or to do with anniverery,which is why there not bothered what it does or doesnt do

Soldier z:
I’m suprised Stobarts let it go out
They get to see the “rushes” before it’s even put together and broadcast
Somone I know saw some of this months ago
So there would have ben plenty of time to remove anything that made ESL look bad

Mind if they left that in what did they cut?

The amount of drivers that don’t carry maps anymore is pretty bad
I get calls every day asking for postcodes then calls back complaining that the’ve not arrived exactly at the address but 2 doors down
I had one who couldn’t find Traffird Park Chep once as it’s not on my Sat Nav
Also had one lad roll a wagon on a roundabout claiming it wasn’t on his sat nav
Despite the fact he’d went round it on his way out

Off course now Obama is here Sat Nav and GPS will be crap round London and the South
The Yanks have control of the satalites and have a habit of turning them off when El Presidente is in town
Thats why the Forces use different satalites

but it showed them in a good light according to the general public,some old chap came talking to me today and he said how nice in this day and age to have people,drivers being honest and reporting a accident to the police,he said 99 % of people this day and age would of just drove off and left the poor car driver to pick up the repair bill :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: ,i must admit id never thought of that ,but he does have a point :wink:

Soldier z:
I’m suprised Stobarts let it go out
They get to see the “rushes” before it’s even put together and broadcast
Somone I know saw some of this months ago
So there would have ben plenty of time to remove anything that made ESL look bad

Mind if they left that in what did they cut?

The amount of drivers that don’t carry maps anymore is pretty bad
I get calls every day asking for postcodes then calls back complaining that the’ve not arrived exactly at the address but 2 doors down
I had one who couldn’t find Traffird Park Chep once as it’s not on my Sat Nav
Also had one lad roll a wagon on a roundabout claiming it wasn’t on his sat nav
Despite the fact he’d went round it on his way out

Off course now Obama is here Sat Nav and GPS will be crap round London and the South
The Yanks have control of the satalites and have a habit of turning them off when El Presidente is in town

Come on man, you can’t blame sat navs for idiots, that’s like blaming the sat nav when they hit bridges or drive into the sea / fords / rivers etc…

Those idiots will always be idiots now matter how their route is planned.

I mainly use a sat nav and just carry a normal truckers map with me just in case, but the truckers map is a map of britain, so not much good in towns etc, but I couldn’t imagine in this day and age carrying an a-z for every town I go into, especially as people don’t really keep the same truck these days etc.

I also have google maps on my phone and a spare sat nav, just in case, oh, and a tongue in my head and the ability to ask people

Do you really think Stobarts actually brought that 700 Volvo?
The buying power they’ve got I doubt they have brought it,or if they did they wouldn’t have paid top whack for it.
As for having big fh,s on the tesco contract,a lot of the drivers on there are trampers so need the room.
I personally loved the tesco store deliverery side of the job but hated the trunking side as it was so boring!.
No give me a multi drop metro shop deliveries anyday,got to see more totty and drink more tea doing those!!! :laughing:

A little birdie told me that if you speak to one of the stars of the first series he’ll hand you a very nice glossy photo and sign it for you
The person who recieved it has it nicely on display

Soldier z:
A little birdie told me that if you speak to one of the stars of the first series he’ll hand you a very nice glossy photo and sign it for you

Let me guess, its Topgun Mo and you have stuck the photo on the ceiling above your bed?

bubsy06:

Soldier z:

Let me guess, its Topgun Mo and you have stuck the photo on the ceiling above your bed?

Sounds like it could be Mark Dixon! :laughing:
I speak to Mo in Crick now and again! And he’s never offered me a signed photo! :wink:

dessy:

bubsy06:

Soldier z:

I speak to Mo in Crick now and again! And he’s never offered me a signed photo! :wink:

Will Mo (Top gun) appears on TV again? only saw him once on tv - first episode :unamused:

dessy:

bubsy06:

Soldier z:

he was at peterborough truckfest signing photos. No offence but he is a lorry driver not a start

bubsy06:

Soldier z:

yeah so he can take pot shots at it whilst he bashes the pillow

I think it is time the firemen had a walk on part

The tanker driver who did the container, what is his nickname, Depression?

And where is this secret pharmaceutical warehouse :question:

Soldier z:

what ?
that was filmed months ago , long before Obama came to town :unamused:

cant believe some of these posts you lot have posted , it’s all for the TV , half of what the narrator says is guff & make more of it than they need to , but you all know that & still slate the programme ?
you do know its all made up …right ? :frowning:

i bet it was you lot that petitioned for deadrie barlows release :unamused: :laughing: :laughing:

got to give it to William about Malcolms sponsored advert on the trailer though , he gulped embarrassment gracefully , & no doubt he would have done the same , matter of fact we know he would :laughing:

Silver_Surfer:
Let’s be fair, Matt is a bit of a knob for biging himself up so much but it was hardly a “crash”, he clipped a car when the trailer swung out at the rear, couple of inches in it at most. If you’ve never touched anything in a truck then you can diss him but i’d bet most on here have done. None of you have ever got lost in a truck or missed your turning? No big deal, he got it there in the end.

Years ago whilst in a 7.5t truck I did a ‘quick 3 point turn’ in a supermarket carpark and ‘missed’ the space.

Took out 3 steel bollards, a concrete one and bent the rear bumper of the truck. Nearly lost my job for that too :frowning: At least the company didn’t have to pay out for the damage at the supermarket :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: Since then I’ve been a bit more careful with manoeuvring and reversing in tight spaces.

Last night I got to reverse into a tight space at an angle with the boss standing nearby. I thought he was going to be a banksman and everything but as I got closer to the ‘stop’ point he was just on his phone, so stopped about a foot from the other trailer as requested. Thankfully although a cloudy day there was ‘just enough’ light through the gap to see where the gap was, which was good. As if I’d dented it I probably wouldn’t have returned there :unamused: :laughing:

I wonder how barry won that competition, I reckon he just jizzed on a picture of a stobart lorry and stuck it in an envelope, thats his dedication right there :laughing:
That old guy needs sectioning, definatly something not right with someone who gets attached to a stobart wag&drag, and why didnt that lady in the burger van slip some anti-depressants into that guys ham roll :confused: and where the ■■■■ is fiona :imp: :grimacing:

Last night’s was better than last weeks, nice to see Stobarts have a Tea Coli van :laughing:
My Mrs commented that she’d seen old Stobart wagons around with just the red stripes on the bumpers. Surely there was no drama regarding Jock McScania buying back those rigs? If he’d not given William what he wanted, Stobart’s would’ve gone elsewhere for new motors?
I don’t have a problem with people taking pics of wagons (I do and post them on various parts of TNUK) but writing down the numbers FFS I thought that was only done with buses and steam locos. Come to think of it, I’ve seen sados actually recording carriage and wagon numbers onto dictaphones on a couple of steam railways, normally by anorak wearing body odour sufferers who drive [zb] cars like Rover 45s.

bubsy06:
I wonder how barry won that competition, I reckon he just jizzed on a picture of a stobart lorry and stuck it in an envelope, thats his dedication right there :laughing:
That old guy needs sectioning, definatly something not right with someone who gets attached to a stobart wag&drag…

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: they are some rare breed those spotters. That old lad with Barry said he was going home to make a spreadsheet and “cross reference the data” WTF? They obviously dont have a [zb] life!!

Wonder whos the lucky bloke who got Valerie Lee :laughing: Bet she was moised at the thought of that wagon being named after her :laughing: [insert vomit smile]

Anyone else notice the map that said Brimingham was above Manchester? :laughing:

motorway-madness:

bubsy06:
That old guy needs sectioning, definatly something not right with someone who gets attached to a stobart wag&drag…

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: they are some rare breed those spotters. That old lad with Barry said he was going home to make a spreadsheet and “cross reference the data” WTF? They obviously dont have a [zb] life!!

Wonder whos the lucky bloke who got Valerie Lee :laughing: Bet she was moised at the thought of that wagon being named after her :laughing: [insert vomit smile]

I was is stitches when that woman fell out of the lorry :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Jacko123:
Anyone else notice the map that said Brimingham was above Manchester? :laughing:

Posted a pic here
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=71295

Muckaway:
I don’t have a problem with people taking pics of wagons (I do and post them on various parts of TNUK) but writing down the numbers FFS I thought that was only done with buses and steam locos. Come to think of it, I’ve seen sados actually recording carriage and wagon numbers onto dictaphones on a couple of steam railways, normally by anorak wearing body odour sufferers who drive [zb] cars like Rover 45s.

When I’ve taken photos of buses in the past I’ve usually done it for the vehicle rather than which particular vehicle it is, and as such have then removed/covered the reg and fleet number.

I have had a variety of emails and comments asking for the fleet numbers, and just telling them it is a 15■■ allocated to ‘xyz garage’ of ‘abc bus company’ really does [zb] them off :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: