Rwanda Bill Passed

Especially as part of it (in Donegal) is further north than anywhere in NI. :rofl:

1 Like

Asylum seekers who have already had their claims rejected will now be part of the group being deported to Rwanda, the home secretary has announced.

James Cleverly said the UK has extended the deal it has made with Rwanda to now include those who have come to the UK illegally, claimed asylum and had their application rejected.

Previously, only those deemed to have arrived illegally in the UK on or after 1 January 2022 but had been informed their claim may be inadmissible - but not officially rejected - were in the group to be sent to the African country.

Those asylum seekers will then have their asylum claims processed in Rwanda, where they would be allowed to stay if successful, or will have to seek asylum in another country.

Failed asylum seekers will be offered the same ā€œpackage of supportā€ for up to five years in Rwanda, including education, training, employment and accommodation help.

Problem is, and would be for me if I was in their shoes, they didnā€™t struggle across nearly 5,000 miles to get to Britain, only to end up in the middle of Africa.

I think, short of stopping the boats, it will be more likely to encourage them to disappear in the UK and work in the black economy, or worse, in criminality.

Not only the uk then, just not as far away as rwanda

As it strives to deter the flow of seaborne migrants to its shores, Italy moved a step closer to becoming the first EU country to have a non-EU country process migrants on its behalf.

Albanian lawmakers voted in February to ratify a deal with Rome to host up to 36,000 migrants per year in two purpose-built centres in the country.

The centres, one on the coast for identification and another inland for detention, would be paid in full by Italy and operate under its jurisdiction, meaning they would be covered by European Union asylum rules.

Prime Minister Giorgia Meloni said the facilities should be operational in spring 2024, but the European Commission has not yet said whether the initiative is in line with EU law.

Must have been tempting money wise for Albania, a former colony of Mussoliniā€™s Italy, to agree to that.
The nearest former colony to the UK is Eire, and we know what they think about the matter. :wink:

Trumpā€™s words on immigrants apparently the rwanda project has inspired him for something similar
Please mr Trump do speak your mind

Trumpā€™s rhetoric on immigration remains dark and extreme.

This month, in Michigan, he told rallygoers 2024 rally-new-york ā€œOn day one, we will begin the largest domestic deportation operation in American history,ā€ also claiming millions of migrants were coming from prisons and ā€œinsane asylumsā€ to carry out ā€œplunder, ā– ā– ā– ā– , slaughter and destruction of the American suburbs, cities and towns

Trump has frequently compared migrants to Hannibal Lecter, the cannibal serial killer played onscreen by actors including Mads Mikkelsen and Sir Anthony Hopkins.

Ok the terminology is a bit harsh not to mention clumsy, and a bit characteristic of Trump.
On the other hand it is just a pity we in the UK did not have a similar type hardliner (instead of a bunch of limp wristed lefty woke lettuces) to deal with our illegal immigration problems, and the criminality that comes with them, in the local communities that have to endure them, instead of those in authority,.(and their ever faithful followers who believe everything they say :roll_eyes: and repeating it) kidding themselves they are actual bonafide ā€˜asylum seekersā€™ and ref u ā– ā– ā– ā–  ing gees. :roll_eyes:

No government will be hard line on illegal immigration as they are 541t scared to be classed as racist, (human rights groups / lawyers see to that). No government will be hard line on legal migration as the economy needs them. Minority groups rule the roost in the ā€œgreat United Kingdomā€.

A lot of truth in that.

And some truth in that too.
The ERG are pushing the Tories to the right, and away from the ā€œone nationā€ Tories. Reform Ltd is having the same effect. The tail is wagging the dog.
Private companies and media owners are spinning their own selfish interests to try to look like the national interest, and wrapping themselves in the Union flag, but are mostly self serving internationalists.

Well known economic migrant Murdoch.
Failed asylum seeker and illegal migrant Robinson.
Loyalist to a foreign leader Farage.

Personally I think that having human rights laws is a mostly good thing. And given how much I trust governments, I reckon lawyers to support those rights is good too.

Human rights ARE a good thing.
Itā€™s the way the procedures and results are implemented about 90% of the time broadly speaking, that is the bogeyā€¦and especially the interference from the European side in domestic UK cases.:roll_eyes:
I am all for human rights on the whole,.and why would I not be,ā€¦ but to keep to the thread what about the basic human rights of local people having to put up with all the crap, (mostly criminal crap) these young male individuals bring with them ?

Also agree, we all need human rights but the minorities in society, imo, tend to exploit it knowing that the race card, religious bigotry, LGBTQ, (or whatever it is) will see them through due to government wokery. Until any government gets fully behind the illegal immigration problem and calls a spade a spade, then nothing much will change.

Got it in one mate.
As somebody just said, you hear opinions in many places and environments, from many different types of people, and not necessarilly the type of people you mix with, that appear to be on the face of it , in a majority in terms of popular opinion on things.
But when push comes to shove, the opposite opinion and policy prevails, which is mostly implemented from what I would callā€¦ ā€˜not real peopleā€™, mainly upper middle class and beyond, who have led priveliged cosseted lives with little or no experience of life at the sharp end.
But worse, it always beats me, and is beyond me how some people in a similar class, situation and lifestyle to myself, who have actually seen real life, are naive enough to be conned by them to the point of actually agreeing with them.

Human Rights laws are rarely needed for the majority of a society. It is almost by definition that it is minority groups that need protection.

Judge a society not by how they treat the majority, but by how they treat the most vulnerable
And variants of the above attributed to many

Offering up statistics?
The exceptional cases will always make the headlines, and the UK press is not always unbiased in itā€™s reporting.
Having UK mainstream politicians wanting to ignore, or pull out of, the ECHR is a quite worrying thing.
If anyone thinks it is good to do so:
Consider who else is outside of it: Russia and Belarus.
Consider what would happen if a Jeremy Corbin* like figure was in charge.

If there is criminal activity then the law should be used.
https://youtu.be/xGxjnD42iw0?si=4Y5HrnCY7V_nsLSN

*I knowā€¦I know.

I Franglais, thatā€™s right, treat the minority with the most protection. One episode remains in my mind regarding a B&B owner who refused on religious grounds to not allow 2 gays to book a room. Thatā€™s right he owned the B&B and was a religious chap and his beliefs were what they were. Yet guess what the 2 gays took it to court and got a judgement. Not human rights but injury to feelingsā€¦there there.

No actual statistics no, hence the use of the phraseā€¦ā€˜broadly speakingā€™.
My opinions are based on (as ever) you know what is coming hereā€¦

Dare I say itā€¦

Wait for itā€¦

'What I see and hear MYSELF, not on stats, official lines, or what I am told to think.
But Iā€™m sure I have mentioned this to you before in many occssions on many subjects.

How hard and complicated is it to round them up and process them then put them on a flight
It stinks

Rishi Sunak has said that no asylum seekers will be sent to Rwanda before the election under the governmentā€™s deportation scheme.

It had been thought ministers would try to get the first flight off before polling day, to showcase their flagship policy on countering illegal migration.

But the PM has now said they will go ā€œif Iā€™m re-electedā€ on 4 July.

Labour has pledged to scrap the plan if it wins power, raising questions over whether anyone will ever be sent.

Now Labour have got the keys to the room where the real figures are keptā€¦
https://www.reuters.com/world/uk/uks-rwanda-asylum-scheme-has-cost-700-million-pounds-says-minister-2024-07-22/

Yep a lot of cash wastedā€¦on the bright side at least it was x no of pounds potentially spent on getting rid of the ā– ā– ā– ā–  s.
What about the figure spent on keeping them in the lap of luxury with all needs paid forā€¦does that not equally bother you.
It sure as hell does me.

It does bother me that they have been stashed up costing millions, when previously they were processed much more quickly, and either deported,
or allowed to work and pay their own way plus taxes.

I guess you and I have different ideas of ā€œthe lap of luxuryā€ though.

How much more luxury do you want from a 4 star hotel, 2 of which in my home town.
Both of the quality for use for weddings and other functions before the infestation.
Or are you going to tell me Iā€™m talking nonsenceā€¦again.?