Eddie Stobart Trucks and Trailers

Yeah put me right off. Makes you wonder why those drivers did it? Maybe they didn’t know what they were getting themselves in to, maybe they wanted the experience. I wonder how many would do it again or want to do it after watching that?

toby1234abc:
Tarman,I saw that too,17 hour days for no pay.Up early to make breakfast.Then washing up and chopping veg for lunch and dinner.

I’m with you Guys, when I was in full time Employment I would happily have gone the extra mile as they say.
Seeing what the Stobbies Drivers are expected to do, I would not, if, I was aware at the time of applying for this type of work take these additional duties on.
Just one question though? is it the work/money, or is it a misplaced sort Glory that they seek.
Regards
Kev.

Please put me right if you think my opinion is wrong, as I am sure you will do!

Why does Mark Dixon drive with his drivers side curtain pulled nearly half way across his window? I can’t see it being because he doesn’t want to be recognised considering he was the “Star” of the show and all the publicity events he has been involved in. :confused:

The curtains are pulled over to hide all the underwear that his fans send him.

toby1234abc:

Men’s stained Y Fronts as we’ll as old women’s apple catchers I bet :wink: :smiley:

SteveBarnsleytrucker:

toby1234abc:

Men’s stained Y Fronts as we’ll as old women’s apple catchers I bet :wink: :smiley:

LOL - Mine weren’t Y Fronts! :open_mouth:

toby1234abc:
The drivers i have spoken have said nobody wants to drive in Europe for them.
They have the Naafi milatary contract and steel to Germany.
And the Pirelli F1,you are flown around the world for that.A select few do that.
The Euro drivers can take home £1200 per month.Away for weeks.

its closer to £750-£760 a week actually. dunno where you get 1200 a month from lol

stupidn00b:

toby1234abc:
And the Pirelli F1,you are flown around the world for that.A select few do that.

its closer to £750-£760 a week actually. dunno where you get 1200 a month from lol

complete bollox ,

No driver on tnet is on that money each week ,750 a week :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Seth. Chill out. I’m in for stobarts and get nowhere near that. I get £23.68 a day and a green shirt to wear.

seth 70:

stupidn00b:

toby1234abc:

complete bollox ,

big fat hairy bollox? sorry i meant £7.50-£7.60 a week. My mistake! Happysack you must get shed loads of POA for that much money!!! You`ll have to tell me your secrets :slight_smile: :laughing:

dozy:
According to our driver trainer ( who happened to be in a episode or two of the show), there will be NO more series,Andrew tinkled liked it ,w/s didn’t as it put the company in a bad light,as w/s now runs the transport side he calls the shots,so no more.
Whether you’ll get a stobart group series ,airport,railway,bio-mass etc who knows
But according to d.t,that’s it trucking wise.

Tinkler liked it because it publised his airport, airline and his biomass operation.
Free advertising nothing more.

SCANIAKEV:
Alright Guy’s & Gal’s, following on from the Flak that surrounded Channel 5, and their decision to Produce this Series, how many of you out there, can Honestly admit, that you will miss the Programme.
As for me I still miss Fiona.
Apparently, from what I have heard, Lisa will be back on the next series of ’ Ice Road Truckers '.
Maybe there is a Trucking God.

Why a couple of average looking birds doing a decent job driving trucks.
My God aims a bit higher than those two.
You’d probably walk past them in a club.

stupidn00b:

seth 70:

stupidn00b:

toby1234abc:

complete bollox ,

big fat hairy bollox? sorry i meant £7.50-£7.60 a week. My mistake! Happysack you must get shed loads of POA for that much money!!! You`ll have to tell me your secrets :slight_smile: :laughing:

long service award my boy. After 3 months you get a hefty increase. I guess you may be in for a pay rise. Maybe into the teens of pounds.

Dave55:

chester1:

Dave55:

toby1234abc:
If you eat at Rugby truckstop,i noticed Stobart drivers ignore other Stobart drivers.

Fact. I have seen that :open_mouth:

or they just don’t know them

But if you work for the same company you’d talk to your colleague - if you knew them or not :question:

why would you i will talk to / get on with almost anyone but were i work now there is a hand full of people in my yard worth chatting too the rest are all bell ends who do nowt but ■■■■■ n whine or 2 faced ■■■■■ that wouldnt think twice about stringing you up for some brownie points with the gaffer

happysack:

stupidn00b:

seth 70:

stupidn00b:

toby1234abc:

complete bollox ,

long service award my boy. After 3 months you get a hefty increase. I guess you may be in for a pay rise. Maybe into the teens of pounds.

ooooh thats good news. ill be due my increase shortly then. i think with my first big pay packet im a buy an airfreshner for my truck, some polish for the paintwork and maybe some peek to polish my tanks while im on "break/POA" Main question is will it be backdated as ive been a grrenshirt for 4 months now…

I think this thread will get locked cus it’s just becoming another typical Stobart bashing. Or will it be left alone cus there drivers are not of a certain travelling type :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :unamused: :unamused:

I’ve just had a weeks training at The Academy in Widnes and I still have two weeks depot training to go, top class training. How many employers invest thousands in training staff?

Judehamish:
I’ve just had a weeks training at The Academy in Widnes and I still have two weeks depot training to go, top class training. How many employers invest thousands in training staff?

The lines been cast ,who is going to be the first bite :unamused: :unamused:

Not fishing at all. It’s a fact.

Judehamish:

Theres got to be a catch buddy ,how long you got to stop at stobarts once your trainings been done ,you get nothing for free , :unamused: :unamused: