Eddie Stobart Trucks and Trailers

chester1:

Dave55:

toby1234abc:
If you eat at Rugby truckstop,i noticed Stobart drivers ignore other Stobart drivers.

Fact. I have seen that :open_mouth:

or they just don’t know them

But if you work for the same company you’d talk to your colleague - if you knew them or not :question:

Dave55:

chester1:

Dave55:

toby1234abc:
If you eat at Rugby truckstop,i noticed Stobart drivers ignore other Stobart drivers.

But if you work for the same company you’d talk to your colleague :question:

Do they talk to orther drivers

Thanks to all those who have replied to this thread, to take it one stage further, would you Guys & Gals be happy to appear in a future series if it concerned any aspect of the Business other than General Haulage.

Just a thought.
Regards
Kev.

I wonder if there’s going to be a malcolm or mcburney trucks and trailers

personally the only reason i wouldent work with them is the money other than that they seem ok

We share the same thoughts Irish Lorries
Regards
Kev.

bjd:
personally the only reason i wouldent work with them is the money other than that they seem ok

Agree but I wouldn’t be bothered with the spotters

irish lorries:

Dave55:

chester1:

Dave55:

toby1234abc:

But if you work for the same company you’d talk to your colleague :question:

Do they talk to orther drivers

Prob not mate . The firm I work for recently got submerged into a bigger one and the times I have tried to make conversation I usually wished I hadn’t .And the amount of comments one here bad mouthing Stobart drivers if most other drivers seem not to like them why would they like each other

Dave55:

chester1:

Dave55:

toby1234abc:

But if you work for the same company you’d talk to your colleague - if you knew them or not :question:

why?

Hi Guys, good to read the many responses to my last post.
I would like to suggest, as a very interesting change to ‘Eddies’ boys, could TV companies not start to focus on a company such as " Mammoet ".
Massive rigs to move the kit, large construction projects worldwide, and Cranes to die for.
Surely those guys will really have a story to tell, with no super star Individual. I am sure following them for six months or so would make far more interesting viewing. ( or would that be taking reality TV one step to far).
Regards, Kev.

kindle530:

Dave55:

chester1:

Dave55:

toby1234abc:

why?

I dunno. You wear the shirt, you’re part of the same team, that’s how I look at it. You talk to your colleagues…don’t you?

What if they make a progame like outback truckers but a UK and Ireland version where there’s all different types of drivers and they don’t focus on one company they could get some of the YouTube drivers.

Well said Irish Lorries, you have a good point there.

Bottom line is viewing figures so they have to make somthing that appeals to a wide audience.

Do you mind that progam world’s toughest trucker that was good to bad it’s not on anymore

jay0:
Bottom line is viewing figures so they have to make somthing that appeals to a wide audience.

I suppose your right but I’m sure they could get a young hot girl driver to boost the viewings

According to our driver trainer ( who happened to be in a episode or two of the show), there will be NO more series,Andrew tinkled liked it ,w/s didn’t as it put the company in a bad light,as w/s now runs the transport side he calls the shots,so no more.
Whether you’ll get a stobart group series ,airport,railway,bio-mass etc who knows
But according to d.t,that’s it trucking wise.

toby1234abc:
The drivers i have spoken have said nobody wants to drive in Europe for them.
They have the Naafi milatary contract and steel to Germany.
And the Pirelli F1,you are flown around the world for that.A select few do that.
The Euro drivers can take home £1200 per month.Away for weeks.

not changed much since I was there 9 years ago then! they had just started doing work out of Tesco chesterfield and had to use euro drivers to cover it. couldn’t get them back on euro work lol

I saw the programme about the Rally Team and their drivers. Got to say the thought of being part of that would be pretty cool but after seeing that driving is probably 5% of the job I thought sack that. Erecting marquees, cooking dinners, washing pots. Nah not for me. I’d quite happily cart about some rally cars/motor homes but it seemed like they were a bit of a dogsbody.

Tarman,i saw that too,17 hour days for no pay.Up early to make breakfast.Then washing up and chopping veg for lunch and dinner.