'C' Training Diary

Well Done, fells fantastic doesnt it! Onwards snd upwards

It does, feels grand. I kept saying to myself all the way home every time I saw a rigid “I can drive that, and that, and that etc” if I saw an artic I said “soon!”

More in depth on test; got a minor on the reverse, my wheel touched the line, only just, but still.

Got one each on gears and steering, cant remember what the steering was now but I cocked up my hill start, left switch up, nearly saved it but then thinking I’d returned gear to neutral when I hadn’t I did stall it which earned me one for control too.

Oh yea, steering was for one kerb coming off a roundy, just skiffed it. Got one for signals as I didnt realise RH signal went off when part way round and didn’t reinstate.

One for speed as gained some momentum in a forty, not for long though.

One for awareness as missed a follow up on a pedestrian.

Bit miffed with self over hill start, but overall was pretty relaxed, examiner was good, with some useful feedback at the end.

Mega chuffed, trying to book my mod 4 now! Still undecided about W & D or artic but I’ve found someone nearby with both so might do an assessment drive in the artic to let me see what I’m letting myself in for!

It is a good feeling well done

Very well done!!

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Cant you drive a arctic tractor unit on c licence without trailer?

:smiley: :smiley:

clint1974:
Cant you drive a arctic tractor unit on c licence without trailer?

yes

You now need to update your signature from! Cat C coming soon

Yep, just updated - couldn’t do it via tapatalk on my phone, had to boot up the old laptop.

Yep, I could drive just the unit, but I want the whole enchilada! :smiley: I want my C+E and especially whilst it’s all fresh.

Just booked mod 4, unfortunately it seems pretty well booked up with EP so its not till 3rd March unless they get a cancellation.

Congratulations, very well done :smiley:

Thanks for the congrats, and seriously thank you, thank you, thank you for the all support. Even with having the OH and all his C & CE holding mates behind me, it made a real difference to me to have all the advice, support, similar stories and the knowledge-base right here whenever I needed it.

I’ve booked an assessment drive with a more local (to me) firm in an artic in Feb, to see just what I’m letting myself in for. I know it’s easier to pass with W&D but I am seriously considering doing the test in an artic, mainly to give myself the confidence to then go on and sell my skills in one and so I know my arse from my elbow when it comes to actually driving one. Saying that after my assess drive I may change my mind - we’ll see. Even if I do swing the other way and go for W&D at least he’s local so I could just pay to take his artic out later maybe. (Plus the assess drive is only £35, £35 to go play in an artic sounds like a bargain to me!) :grimacing:

Well done!

Well deserved and well done!

Paul :smiley:

Well done.

Whats the plan now then have you any work lined up?

congratulations , great feeling ehh :wink:

W&D was an easier animal for me to pass in and never had any problems going to artic athough did have training on artic but Ive never driven W&D comercially always artic but have the assessments and make your own mind up !!

congrats again :smiley:

TheMissus:
Passed, …

That’ll do for me :smiley:

:grimacing: CONGRATULATIONS on passing your LGV “C” test :smiley:
:smiley: :smiley: :grimacing: :smiley: :smiley: :grimacing: :smiley: :smiley:

I have done test in both artic & W&D & found the W&D much easier

but as Jennie say go have an assessment in both see how you feel you can alway book a few hours in an artic once passed if you wish

Well done , I passes in w&d then booked 4 hour refresher course in an artic