Yes i know its not right but

How many have felt like doing what happens on 11.23

youtube.com/watch?v=kEn81S2l3zg#t=60

:laughing:

chaversdad:

Punching a pedestrian for using a crossing?

Contraflow:

chaversdad:

why did i know it would be you

chaversdad:

Contraflow:

chaversdad:

He’s right though :laughing: :laughing:

chaversdad:

Contraflow:

chaversdad:

I don’t know, but more importantly, why would you want to punch a pedestrian for using a crossing?

I stopped at a zebra crossing earlier today to allow a little old lady to cross. She took her time, bless her, but it never crossed my mind that I should jump out and chin her.

i meant some plonker stepping out in front of you just because its a zebra crossing and not bothering to look if anythings coming, saying that i dont think the highway code exists in any form in Russia so its probably the done thing anyway!

chaversdad:

Contraflow:

chaversdad:

:laughing: :laughing:

chaversdad:
i meant some plonker stepping out in front of you just because its a zebra crossing and not bothering to look if anythings coming…

You’re leaving yourself wide open to ridicule with that statement. You better hope that Albion fella doesn’t see it.

The plonkers don’t just materialise at the edge of the crossing. As a professional driver, any pedestrians anywhere near a zebra crossing should be setting alarm bells ringing in your professional driver’s mind.

The onus is on you not to squash them.

chaversdad:
i meant some plonker stepping out in front of you just because its a zebra crossing and not bothering to look if anythings coming, saying that i dont think the highway code exists in any form in Russia so its probably the done thing anyway!

Take a close look at the video after the driver gets out of the truck, it’s a controlled crossing and the light is actually flashing green for the pedestrian and red for the traffic! Truck should have stopped anyway, he probably thumped the guy for pressing the button …

There was a bloke in my hometown who would walk back and forth the zebra crossing just to get wind the young drivers up, he went to far 1 day and two young lads got out there cars and grabbed him and ercorted him to the pole with the flashing orange light on top and then proceeded to gaffa tape him to it much to the delight of the other drivers

What a knobhead!
Amazing how they generally seem so immune to the fact that people are hanging about injured or dying and just carry on round them - 6.45; um hello - broken scooterist on the road can’t get up, best just all stand and watch… :open_mouth:

Here’s a chance to ask if this is a local thing, or a national thing. I live on a 20 zone and as part if the changes to the road furniture, the council changed the color of the paving slabs near the pedestrian crossings. If a person is stood or walking on them, you’re supposed to stop. Wide pavements, so there is room for people to avoid them…

4.30 doesn’t look too good either, head on with an XF! No thanks!

Face:
What a knobhead!
Amazing how they generally seem so immune to the fact that people are hanging about injured or dying and just carry on round them - 6.45; um hello - broken scooterist on the road can’t get up, best just all stand and watch… :open_mouth:

Yes, but only 'til the lights change, then twist n go go go, leaving a broken human lying on the blacktop. Not a jot of compassion :open_mouth:

Martin:
Take a close look at the video after the driver gets out of the truck, it’s a controlled crossing and the light is actually flashing green for the pedestrian and red for the traffic! Truck should have stopped anyway, he probably thumped the guy for pressing the button …

take a closer look at the video before the driver gets out, green for traffic so one would assume red for crossing

Contraflow:
You’re leaving yourself wide open to ridicule with that statement. You better hope that Albion fella doesn’t see it.

Maybe, but i.ve been on this forum long enough now not to give a â– â– â– â–  :wink:

Them eastern euro vids are tremendous entertainment.

milodon:

Martin:

take a closer look at the video before the driver gets out, green for traffic so one would assume red for crossing

I have looked, several times, the green light started to flash before the truck reached the crossing which means caution and be prepared to stop in Russia. Also that light is for traffic going the other way…

Silver_Surfer:
Them eastern euro vids are tremendous entertainment.

the better more graphic ones are the similar ones with the titles written in ruskie,always more graphic to the point you gave to close your eyes at point of impact…at least theres one plus point now the iron curtains down.they might be all working over here,but there dashcams are still in Russia…pure class

I don’t know of any russians working in the uk, for a start they need a visa to come here, and then they need another visa to work, but I very much doubt they would get one. Don’t be confused with East Europeans who are a member of the EU and are entitled to come, work here, and live here.
Another point is the fact that we in the uk have a highway code that is 99.9% obeyed, in the East European countries they do have a code but anything goes, you take your life in your hands when crossing the road on a pedestrian crossing, the best way to safety is a crossing with light controls, but you still have to be aware. I have had many arguments with motorist who don’t like to stop when I am in the middle of a crossing, and I have thumped more than one for doing so.