Worse than an eight year old

I’ve been a member of this forum for a while now and one thing that I have noticed is the spelling and grammar is absolutely atrocious on some of these posts. I find myself reading and reading over and over again just to begin to comprehend what the poster is actually trying to say.
Is it too hard to check your spelling and mabye think about using a full stop or a comma. Maybe even capital letters at the start of a sentence? Just the basics, that’s all I ask.

Whenever you write a post, you know what you are saying. If your text is clear it makes it much easier for everyone else to read.

you got a tin hat?

you is gonna need it now :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Oh no he’s not :laughing: :laughing:

you is gonna need it now :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
[/quote]
I think you mean … You ARE going to need it now ? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

yOumight w’ant too putt yur tanhat onnn ans get insiyde the TNUK fallowt shekter. :unamused: :smiling_imp: :open_mouth: :confused: :confused:

Does it matter really how people write a post? So long as it’s readable that’s all that’s required with or without “.,'” :neutral_face: :neutral_face: :neutral_face:

Breaker one nine…
Some people are dyslexic and find it difficult to put words together properly.
Some people are still trying to learn how to use a keyboard properly.
Some people type so fast that they may have typing errors.
Some people are just plain lazy.
Some people are a lot younger than others and may use different words.
Some people are not posting in their 1st language
And some people may not have received as good an education as others.

The point of this post is that many factors are involved with people who post on these forums.
Surely instead of moaning about them we should just “Live and let live” and have a bit of give and take.
No-one is perfect.

By the way,you’ve spelt maybe wrong :exclamation:

WHO CARES!

Live and let live, life is too short to worry about such things.

I copy pasted your post into Word and it found 6 grammer mistakes and 1 spelling mistake :slight_smile: seems your not so perfect yourself either.

Maybe some people are not as well educated as yourself, or they are dyslexic, or they simply can’t be arsed to type correctly. Its not really your issue in any way, Its the internet and its just a forum, its not like your writing something important is it. :wink:

toowise:
Breaker one nine…
Some people are dyslexic and find it difficult to put words together properly.
Some people are still trying to learn how to use a keyboard properly.
Some people type so fast that they may have typing errors.
Some people are just plain lazy.
Some people are a lot younger than others and may use different words.
Some people are not posting in their 1st language
And some people may not have received as good an education as others.

The point of this post is that many factors are involved with people who post on these forums.
Surely instead of moaning about them we should just “Live and let live” and have a bit of give and take.
No-one is perfect.

By the way,you’ve spelt maybe wrong :exclamation:

good post toowise :slight_smile:

Why is it? they give that condition, such a hard word to spell? :smiley: dyslexic

Oh yes he iz - it’s like panto :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Seriously, this has been the subject of discussion quite recently on this site and I believe came up the this conclusion - As long as the person reading it can understand what you mean then “so what” :exclamation:

It does make things a little difficult for us older ones when the younger set use the mobile phone text type way and looking at a long post without paragraph spacing can seem daunting but neither is unreadable if a little time is spent on it.

One member pointed out that as long as the first and last letters of a word are correct then the sentence is readable -

A snteecne is rbadelae wehn the lttrees are all oevr the pacle :wink:

Just looked on another thread and got the following posts…

“I heard that on the radio the other day… I laffed my arse off.”

“Wha■■?”

They were two posts out of a total of 4 in the thread “you couldnt make it up”

Guess who posted them?

oh dear,

i thought it was a forum not a english exam :unamused:

and for toowise breaker one nine posted the wha?? :unamused: practice what u preach son :laughing:

ROG:
It does make things a little difficult for us older ones when the younger set use the mobile phone text type way

Very true, although it’s rare to see that style of writing on this site. IMO the vast majority of posts are understandable even if the grammer and/or spelling are not perfect so I can’t really see a problem.

Fair points.

if he thinks trhe language standard is bad in here
he really should have been at the doo and spoken to hutchie

after he had a few bevarages ken

farmer:
if he thinks trhe language standard is bad in here
he really should have been at the doo and spoken to hutchie

after he had a few bevarages ken

bet he was like
aye gonurgh be a wee thread on teh forumz tommrow
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Breaker One-Nine:
Fair points.

you’ve set yourself for a bit of flak there did’nt you??

It doesn’t take much to set them off on this forum.

It’s good to watch :smiley:

Breaker One-Nine:
It doesn’t take much to set them off on this forum.

It’s good to watch :smiley:

No it’s just we like to proove you wrong and laugh at you, and how stupid you look posting things like that but anyway its’s fun to watch you ge
:unamused: :unamused: