Why are us on moderation not able too reply too messages

I don’t get this at all ,do you really think if someone sends us a helpful message were going too send them a abusive one back ,bloody hell give us some bloody credit .
If you don’t trust us too be civil too the person who’s trying too help us ,why don’t you just moderate the message as you do any posts .
Or just delete our bloody accounts
N.b and Indont need any condescending ■■■■ from ricki or Dennis :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

why don’t you just moderate the message as you do any posts .

We don’t have access to private messages.

Why are us on moderation not able too reply too messages

Because people on pre moderation in the past have used the PM system to continue the behaviour that led to them being pre modded in the first place. so because of the antics of a few all those on pre mod cant send PM’s.

N.b and Indont need any condescending [zb] from ricki or Dennis

Then don’t ask the question and we wont need too :wink: :wink: :wink:

It’s best to disable the function which allows people to send you private messages in the first place, then the problem won’t arise, User Control Panel > Board Preferences> select “no” for the top three options.

dozy:
…bloody hell give us some bloody credit .

You were given credit in the past but it can’t have worked or you wouldn’t be on pre-mod would you. :stuck_out_tongue:

dozy:
I don’t get this at all ,do you really think if someone sends us a helpful message were going too send them a abusive one back ,bloody hell give us some bloody credit .

Now then dozy…

When you write an unskilfully closed question like that, the answer seems obvious.
But seriously, are there any other possible issues that you can see with those on pre-mod being allowed to send PMs??

As has already been pointed out to you, the PM system isn’t seen by the Mod/Admin Team, so there are all kinds of messages flying about. Some are nice, whilst others aren’t so nice, but they are all… private.

Speaking very generally, there are many reasons that people can get put on pre-mod, but it’s usually for some kind of rule-breaking.
Once we realise that, how likely is it that somebody who has broken one set of rules will respect the rules relating to PMs when they know that PMs are unseen?

dozy:
If you don’t trust us too be civil too the person who’s trying too help us ,why don’t you just moderate the message as you do any posts .

Now we’re back us to not knowing the contents of a PM, so whether it’s one that you’ve received or sent isn’t relevant.
We wouldn’t know whether you had received a PM let alone whether it was helpful (or not) or whether a reply (if any) is polite (or not.)

dozy:
Or just delete our bloody accounts

The owners of the TN website do not allow accounts to be deleted; except in extremely exceptional circumstances, but those aren’t relevant here.

:bulb: If you feel so strongly about it, you do have the option that you could simply choose not to visit TN any more.

The on pre mod should be advised to disable their own PM system via the user control panel so that they do not seem to be rude when other members send them a PM and get no reply

I am sure this could be done by those in charge - either by giving this advice or perhaps by disabling the pre mod members PM system

YES :question:

dieseldave:
Speaking very generally, there are many reasons that people can get put on pre-mod, but it’s usually for some kind of rule-breaking.

Oh I don’t know, sometimes it can be because somebody finally responds to months of admin-permitted trolling, but because the troll and the decision-taker regularly kiss each others back passages on Facebook, and because the decision- taker is incapable of making it beyond ten in the morning without falling into an alcoholic stupor, he doesn’t make a very rational call.

Just saying, like. :wink:

Harry Monk:
It’s best to disable the function which allows people to send you private messages in the first place, then the problem won’t arise, User Control Panel > Board Preferences> select “no” for the top three options.

Yes mine are permanently off especially after a member started asking personal questions about a mate of mine who works at Lafarge Portbury.

ROG:
The on pre mod should be advised to disable their own PM system via the user control panel so that they do not seem to be rude when other members send them a PM and get no reply

I am sure this could be done by those in charge - either by giving this advice or perhaps by disabling the pre mod members PM system

Or it could be assumed that members would be bright enough to work that out for themselves, it ain’t rocket science. :unamused: :unamused:

Someone on pre mod might still be happy to receive Pm’s even though they can’t reply or a message they receive might contain an email address so they can continue the conversation.

Coffeeholic:

ROG:

Or it could be assumed that members would be bright enough to work that out for themselves, it ain’t rocket science. :unamused: :unamused:

Someone on pre mod might still be happy to receive Pm’s even though they can’t reply or a message they receive might contain an email address so they can continue the conversation.

They could leave the email contact icon intact - or is that disabled on pre mod :question:

ROG:
They could leave the email contact icon intact - or is that disabled on pre mod :question:

No idea.

Harry Monk:

dieseldave:

Oh I don’t know, sometimes it can be because somebody finally responds to months of admin-permitted trolling, but because the troll and the decision-taker regularly kiss each others back passages on Facebook, and because the decision- taker is incapable of making it beyond ten in the morning without falling into an alcoholic stupor, he doesn’t make a very rational call.

Just saying, like. :wink:

Sorry Harry, but with me not having (and never having had) a Facebook account I’ve absolutely no idea what the goings on are on that site so I couldn’t come to any kind of opinion on it.

ROG:

Those on pre-mod can send emails provided that the intended recipient has ‘email’ enabled in their profile.

Those on pre-mod can receive emails, unless they have disabled ‘email’ in their profile.

Can’t do the time and all that. I like pre-mod, it keeps an awful lot of ■■■■ off of here. :wink:

The sentence to pre mod seems rather long, big vern must be a year and harry heading that way, how much longer do they have to serve?

I’m a lifer I think. Or death row! :sunglasses:

What does pre mod actually mean? Vern and Harry have posted OK.

Also I was interested in buying that number plate in the for sale section but could not post.

Goldilox:
What does pre mod actually mean? Vern and Harry have posted OK.

When you’re on pre-mod you can still post but it won’t be seen by anyone until one of the mods has deemed the post acceptable.

Goldilox:
Also I was interested in buying that number plate in the for sale section but could not post.

I don’t think anyone can reply in the for sale forum, those threads were first put in the PDF and the owner/operator forum, I imagine the replies you can see were made before the threads were moved to the for sale forum.

Ah, OK, thanks for the prompt reply

On behalf of Vince and myself. We turned into ■■■■■ and started abusing our posting rights. :frowning: