Why are nearly all drivers down London such knobs?

Did a drop in Erith today just off Church Manor Way ind est then got my bk load details to collect from Kesslers International in Stratford so I sets off and head towards the Woolwich ferry. At every roundabout ■■■■■■■■■ were trying to force their way down my inside even though I was taking up nearly all the island and they couldn’t get through, then the roundabout where I was turning right to get on the ferry, trucks were queuing from the London bound side but I could drive around and leave space so people could get through coming from London and carry on their journey. However nobody could get around me coming down from shooters hill to go towards Dartford do then I get the usuall blast on the horns and “Nescaffe shuffle” hand gestures from tossers in builders vans and women in cars doing the school run. I’m sorry but what am I supposed to do in a 50-55 foot artic??!!! Just wait at the other side of the roundabout and let everyone coming down from Shooters hill and from London jump the queue for the ferry and me still be there 2 hour later haveing not moved?!

You cant really shy away in london, gotta properly get on with it and i wouldnt worry about them beeping at you, just what happens there, no one takes it personally.

SteveBarnsleytrucker:
Did a drop in Erith today just off Church Manor Way ind est then got my bk load details to collect from Kesslers International in Stratford so I sets off and head towards the Woolwich ferry. At every roundabout [zb] were trying to force their way down my inside even though I was taking up nearly all the island and they couldn’t get through, then the roundabout where I was turning right to get on the ferry, trucks were queuing from the London bound side but I could drive around and leave space so people could get through coming from London and carry on their journey. However nobody could get around me coming down from shooters hill to go towards Dartford do then I get the usuall blast on the horns and “Nescaffe shuffle” hand gestures from tossers in builders vans and women in cars doing the school run. I’m sorry but what am I supposed to do in a 50-55 foot artic??!!! Just wait at the other side of the roundabout and let everyone coming down from Shooters hill and from London jump the queue for the ferry and me still be there 2 hour later haveing not moved?!

You had it good…I used to do London all the time, I cut my teeth on it…I even had people drive into me, rather than give way :laughing: …It is brilliant for the first 18 months, then it becomes tiresome :laughing:
It`s just London…But it is spreading, I have noticed this. :open_mouth:

Because northern monkeys come down and ■■■■■ foot around instead of getting stuck in and going with the flow.
I thought northerners are meant to be hard but all you get on here is ooooo London ooooooo I’m scared oooooo please give more gravy on my chips!!!

slightly off topic but was delivering just off oxford street and was suprised how busy it was at 11pm, might as well of been 11am in the morning, people still dressed in work clothes heading home etc and saw one couple sitting down for a meal at 1030pm as i was sat at the lights, then on the way out saw at least 2 people out jogging in proper gear at 2am! only in london,

oh and you cant go into london without hearing someone leaning on their horn, i just go with the flow - check your mirrors 17 times a second and possibly the worst thing i hate about London above everything else is PIZZA DELIRERY MOPEDS!!! :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp:

Haha! Not scared of it at all, been to the place often enough, just think most of the drivers are idiots with no road sense or understand anything from the Highway Code. I think most of them past their tests in the Stone Age.

SteveBarnsleytrucker:
Haha! Not scared of it at all, been to the place often enough, just think most of the drivers are idiots with no road sense or understand anything from the Highway Code. I think most of them past their tests in the Stone Age.

You see i actually think london has some of the best drivers.

Faakum! Join in, and plough on LITERALLY!!! :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

That’s what the crash barriers sometimes seen on the sides of bulk tankers are for!! :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

“However nobody could get around me coming down from shooters hill to go towards Dartford do then I get the usuall blast on the horns and “Nescaffe shuffle” hand gestures from tossers in builders vans and women in cars doing the school run.”

Sounds like you were the one causing the problems.

To answer the OP’s question, it’s because it’s a perfect reflection of the society there.

But yes, When in Rome… etc. Go with the flow, see a gap and go for it. So long as your arse end isn’t overhanging a yellow box or a bus lane. They lurrrve their traffic cameras there, and dear old Boris can’t wait to pick your pocket.

Like I said earlier am I supposed to wait at the other side of the roundabout all day as its always busy there. You have to make a decision at some point, if I stayed where I was I would have been causing just as much aggro behind me, maybe they should extend the holding area to allow more vehicles in to wait.

I Hate london too, started going down there early 80s Despatch Riding then onto vans, 7.5t lorries, 10 tonners & Artics & the traffic gets worse each year.
But we still have to go there occasionally, probably once or twice a week. I just switch off when I get off the motorway set the speed limiter to the relevant speed & take as much room as I want/need, straddle the lanes on small roundabouts, take all the road when turning left or right (if you leave enough room, some ERK will try to squeeze through) I even straddled the lanes on Marble Arch last week because I had Busses trying to undertake me as I turned onto the roundabout.So my Motto is “SOD EM’, they can all wait until I’m out of the way” Then they can all Crash into each other, because that’s what 99% of 'em seem to want. ‘Bloody Cockneys’ :imp:
apples n pears, knees up muva brown, maybe it’s because I’m a ‘LANDONER’ that I’m a selfish Driver ! :confused:
If they really Pee you off, just stop, get out of the cab & start checking round the lorry saying “I stopped because someone tooted me & I thought there was a problem with my Lorry or someone was underneath it” :smiling_imp:

Ferry busy,traffic snarls, normal.
I’ve not seen it that busy in a while,and i’m ferrying about once a week.You must have hit
a bad time or one boat was operating maybe.

Everyone knows that roundabout will be blocked,so ignore the horns.

The Buses…They can`t even be arsed to pull into the Bus Stops these days…

As others have said, when in Rome etc. i just drive normally, any truck/cockney interface is gonna end in pain for one of us and it won’t be me. I try to drive properly and consheen concienshes, contien, carefully! And leave it up to them to get out of my way, not vice versa.

Saaamon:

SteveBarnsleytrucker:

You see i actually think london has some of the best drivers.

Yes, in a world full of blind donkeys without a clue…

Most drivers in the capital haven’t got any thing in mind but themselves and what they want. As drivers, they are utterly appalling and far from an example to follow…

Goldfinger:
Faakum! Join in, and plough on LITERALLY!!! :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

That’s what the crash barriers sometimes seen on the sides of bulk tankers are for!! :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

“Bulk tankers” :open_mouth: . . what will they think of next ?

Saaamon:
You cant really shy away in london, gotta properly get on with it and i wouldnt worry about them beeping at you, just what happens there, no one takes it personally.

No one takes it personally■■? I’ve seen it kick off loads of times just coz people have beeped someone, fisticuffs, the lot :laughing:

Never expect to get anywhere quick in London and you’ll be alright! It’s a lot busier now but! I did it for 8 years and it always took at least 2 and a half hours to cross north to south or back! :laughing:

Everyone in London wants to be there yesterday!! :wink:

FarnboroughBoy11:
Because northern monkeys come down and ■■■■■ foot around instead of getting stuck in and going with the flow.
I thought northerners are meant to be hard but all you get on here is ooooo London ooooooo I’m scared oooooo please give more gravy on my chips!!!

Exactly In London it’s about been assertive not aggressive. Until recently 90% of my truck driving had been in London and mainly inner London. Traffic drives you mad at times but I loved it on the whole the day flys by.