Whoops !

Railway crossing stuck on the tracks.

I don’t think he’s got a job anymore

Looks like the crossing at Logans Rd in Motherwell.

Is that a height restriction bar for the overhead wires??

damoq:

I reckon you are spot on.
And it is the height restriction he has ‘mounted’ on the roof of the cab, marked at 16’6. google.co.uk/maps/@55.79823 … 6656?hl=en
Lucky he didnt take the wires down with it.

Gembo:

damoq:

And is the height restriction, marked at 16’6. google.co.uk/maps/@55.79823 … 6656?hl=en

Trying to work out how that’s happened cos I’ve been through that with a decker before with no issues. Got to be something else gone wrong.

damoq:

Gembo:

damoq:

And is the height restriction, marked at 16’6. google.co.uk/maps/@55.79823 … 6656?hl=en

Trying to work out how that’s happened cos I’ve been through that with a decker before with no issues. Got to be something else gone wrong.

Indeed.
Not worked with em myself but I’d have thought you would have enough room with a decker and 16’6 .
Unit/ 5th wheel to high maybe??

He got through the other side ok,one for CSI I think

Something amiss here…I’ve been through there too with a DX double decker for Eurocentral :confused:

I’m guessing he’s been racing to beat the lights, ran over the tracks carrying too much speed and it’s bounced him up in the air and hit the barrier.

damoq:
I’m guessing he’s been racing to beat the lights, ran over the tracks carrying too much speed and it’s bounced him up in the air and hit the barrier.

Sounds about right D, can’t really see any other option. Close the case. Another TNUK CSI success :laughing:

Not sure that’s right, I’ve seen some dash cam footage taken from a car to his left and he’s slowing to make the turn and isn’t going that fast. He clears the bridge easily and hits the barrier by a foot and half ish. how high are the wires?

mick.mh2racing:
Not sure that’s right, I’ve seen some dash cam footage taken from a car to his left and he’s slowing to make the turn and isn’t going that fast. He clears the bridge easily and hits the barrier by a foot and half ish. how high are the wires?

Case re-opened :laughing:

eagerbeaver:

mick.mh2racing:

Case re-opened :laughing:

I thought I had solved it too. It does bounce a bit going over the tracks but it settled down before he got to the barrier. [emoji848]

mick.mh2racing:
He clears the bridge easily and hits the barrier by a foot and half ish. how high are the wires?

The footbridge crosses the railway, not the road. The bars are to protect the overhead lines, the safe clearance is signed as 5.0 m / 16 ft 6 in.

The video’s on the link bellow, he doesn’t look to be going particularly fast.

dailyrecord.co.uk/news/local … s-10790969

could it be that his mid axle was lifted up? scanias height increases when thats up

The 2 people standing on the corner were lucky, it looks like the upright post came down between them :open_mouth:

He was so close to getting under too, I managed to pause the vid and screen capture at the point he struck it

My ‘guess’ would have been seeing as it’s a Scania they are notorious for lifting the ar5e end of the unit a good few inches when you have the midlift raised but this next image it looks like his mid is down so god knows.

Looks like there’s a slight incline over the crossing which levels off just past the barrier. The cab appears to level off whilst the trailer is still rising.