Whats the furthest you have done in one hit!

Sitting all night at Albinis in Prato watching all the French get loaded before ya on a friday night used to make ya sick! Still had to be back sunday morning though!

Never worked out my furthest, but my ex reckoned she went all the way when she was a lass
:smiley: :open_mouth: :smiley: :open_mouth: :smiley: :open_mouth: :smiley:

Left Zust Ambrosettis (Como) 10pm one Friday night was home indoors
Orpington Kent 10pm Saturday Night, crazy really but as jacko said
thats how most of us did the job then and yes we got away with it most of the time and yes some guys did not make it but when you are young and
earning good money you feel invincible. cant get past Newport Pagnell
in the mornings now without a kip “my how things change”.
i salute you all my fellow one hit wonders what naughty boys we were.
:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

newmercman:
When I was on the fridges in the early 90s every trip was one hit back, Castrovillari to Calais with only a diesel stop & eating Mars bars for me dinner is one that sticks in my mind.

But the odd one hit is easy, the hard bit is doing them week in & week out, I did 45 of these in a year, West Thurrock to Pescara, tip, then over to Pomezia to reload, shipped out 5am Monday, in my local in Belvedere 9pm Friday come rain or shine, the longest stint in one go was Basel/St Louis to Piacenza via Pescara & Pomezia, I also did 2 munich round trips & had 2 weeks holiday on the Algarve that year & I don’t regret it one bit.

There’s a few other boys on here that were regular one hitters too, I used to see em in Italy & lo & behold there they were in Dover when I got back, tut tut :laughing:

Hi mate we used to do that work on Collisons nappies from Manchester
to pescara then soap powder back from either pomezia or down
the Via Ardeatina in Rome did you work for Collos :question: :question:

No Bob I was on for PJL, I had the cack handed Globey, you & I had a major ■■■■ up on one of those August weekends when all lorries are banned from the roads, IIRC it was just south of Rimini. Our paths crossed from time to time but I never run with you much, I always seemed to bump into Gerry (wasp) & mad Vince though, I remember most of the DFC boys though, I packed it in when the kermits stopped taking petit cafes, it got too expensive! Did a bit of Germany but it wern’t the same, I’m in Canada now, it’s the only place left where you can still do a bit.

Probably Cherbourg to Anger and back in one hit.

The tapline convoys in Saudi 1100 kms if it left early you get an hours stop halfway but if running late no stops if you need a leak pass everything have a leak and join the convoy again before the rear police guard or pee in a bottle. :confused:

Leaving Tunney meats in Whiteabbey at 1800 on a friday night to be in Marsielles for the 0800 Sunday morning sailing to Algeria.
Thank god those day are finished as Lucy says, i can name 12 or more lads that have lost there lives doing these type of runs :frowning:

Chipiona in southern spain to the boat at cherborg. crap job crap company. but some top lads working there at the time

Bracknell berkshire to ashby delazouch, swapped over trailers then straight up to whythenshaw manchester, did it during the day 6am to 10.30 one of the blokes at the agency used to do the run at night and take 5 1/2,hrs questions were asked of him after that :smiley:

Also went from Northampton to tebay services swapped units and back in 9 hrs, transport chief nearly fell off seat when i walked through door, checked tacho to make sure i was legal. Which i of course was!

Hiya,
Rochdale to Glasgow and Stirling tip 4 drops load out of Glasgow direct to Bristol tip 2 first one urgent last drop Bath load out of Bath and return to Rochdale motor was an ERF with a top speed of 39 MPH this was done in one stint I was only 22 at the time and it was 1958 thanks Harry long retired

As long as you were out of either city by 1400 hrs on Thursday, you could just catch the ferry out of Cherbourg at 0630 Friday, but you only had time to stop for fuel in Irun, get your smokes and that was all. I used to pucker up awful bad on the peages heading back up through.

Madrid to Cherbourg in 16 and a half hours, don’t think so. St Malo maybe, but not Cherbourg.

FLIPPER 666:
Chipiona in southern spain to the boat at cherborg. crap job crap company. but some top lads working there at the time

Wasnt avialink you was working for was it.

killsville:
Troistorrents (Switzerland) to Doncaster stopping only for fuel and toilets.

London to Bangkok in 12 hours :stuck_out_tongue:

But by road, Belgium to Doncaster.

Valencia to covent gardens London not including ferry obviously when working for Carna

on an exhibition tour for an american private jet company (no names)

Venues were
London
Madrid
Milan
Copenhagen
stockholm
Paris
Rome
Vienna
Cannes
Manchester

in that order
maximum of two days between venues and that included setting up / breaking down time.

Mind you got 5 days off at each venue in a 5 star hotel all expenses paid including a hire car.
Made it all worthwhile.

Bradford to centre of Paris, then 2 collections south of Paris and back to Bradford.

Harry Monk:
I one-hitted Moscow back to the Polish border at Brest a couple of times, IIRC it’s about 1000km . It used to take about 18 hours of driving but eu tacho rules didn’t apply.

Harrymonk you should’ve gone to Grodno you wasted far to much time at Brest
or did you have a “girlfriend” down there? lol. :laughing: :unamused:

started tuesday ,drove from benidorm to watford then back to estation de cartama by sunday…the weather was nice and so was the services outside madrid…memories :slight_smile:

Yeti:

killsville:
Troistorrents (Switzerland) to Doncaster stopping only for fuel and toilets.

London to Bangkok in 12 hours :stuck_out_tongue: But by road, Belgium to Doncaster.

I can usually knock that off in 11+a half!!! :wink: