Whats the furthest you have done in one hit!

Left home just before dinner, Down to Seville and back. My dinner was still warm. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

That’s not true. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I hear you skids , BARI to Calais then Dover , Nu age , fell asleep in corner of disco with a un touched pint in front of me , bouncers woke me up , showed me the door ,got a kebab , taxi to docks ( never would have made it walking ) fell asleep on bunk and kebab , Never again :unamused: this was a long long time ago :wink:

Laredo, Tx to Beaver Dam, Ohio 1600 miles Peterbilt 379 475 cat 26 hours
Portage la Prairie to London, Ontario the long way round via Sudbury 1450 miles 28 hours in my Chevy Blazer

Tip Gothenburg 8am Wednesday load Stockholm 4pm Wednesday tip Dublin midday Friday via Calais and Liverpool. Was somewhat tiring!

Or 3 hrs sleep on boat before Pembroke - Nijmegen - Bristol in 23 hrs

Ship out Wednesday afternoon, thru swiss thursday into campo thursday night have a shower and a few beers, tip/load friday same place Carpi and top up Alpi Prato and back in early hours sunday morning. Get to calais take out Tacho and start a new one coming off boat in dover, no problem with ministry, but you cannot do that now, the TC’s and Vosa got wise. Plus all on Cherry ! ! with lovely big bell tanks. if I had known the price that fuel would be today I would have sold up, I never new I had it so good.

About 820 miles. Tolouse to Assen.

The little truck I was in was pulling a motorhome trailer, and apprently not for hire or reward in the eyes of the law so no tacho discs were used.

We had to get from Barcelona to Assen in 2 days and it was decided in the boss’s wisdom that the only safe place to stop in France was Tolouse so day 1 was a nice easy few hundred miles.

And I’d thought the 680 miles from Scarperia (Tuscany) to Barcelona had been a long day up until then!

The 725 mile trip from Donington Park to the truckstop at Gera was hard going as it took a damned long time including ferry crossing. Wholly unnecessary too, we should have set off a day earlier but again, boss’s wisdom…

I made the mistake of taking the then pregnant missus with me on a trip and upon leaving Barcelona she stated " I dont feel very well " I was running with 3 other lads all on CB radio and I stated that we had to keep going as the sprog needed to be born in UK
These lads all insisted they would run with me so it was hell bent for Cherbourg (driving for GBE ) we got to cherboug and she said ( after getting off the bunk ) O I feel much better now :angry: I often met those lads later and we had a laugh about it :smiley:

dysart - central london

In a sprinter van,

Peterhead to Rotterdam via Dover (To collect Paperwork!!!) Delivered 1 3ft long/2" Diameter pipe.

Coventry Airport to Bratislava. 1 box of rubber hoses for VW.

Used to do regular one from Witham to Gyor for Audi factory there.

Stopped doing one hit wonders when I nearly killed myself in Belgium! :cry:
Very tired and hit big puddle of water, lost it and was too tired to react in time before hitting the central reserve at 70 and flipping the van right in the path of 2 HGV’s!
Had brown trousers! No serious injuries apart from few glass cuts! :unamused:

once did dresden to corby in one hit many moons ago about 810 miles only stopped for the ferry never again but i was young and stupid.

recently: start amesbury
tip and reload: aylesford (kent)
tip: plymouth
reload: bideford
and ran out of time on A361 10 miles from tiverton i didn’t think that was a bad day and totally legal :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

once did dresden to corby in one hit many moons ago about 810 miles only stopped for the ferry never again but i was young and stupid.

recently: start amesbury
tip and reload: aylesford (kent)
tip: plymouth
reload: bideford
and ran out of time on A361 10 miles from tiverton i didn’t think that was a bad day and totally legal :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: i know its not one hit but its one day with required breaks

lowestoft - ferrybridge msa (4.29)
then ferrybridge msa-scottish border on the a1(the layby wiv the butty wagon!)(4.20)

budeezal:
lowestoft - ferrybridge msa (4.29)
then ferrybridge msa-scottish border on the a1(the layby wiv the butty wagon!)(4.20)

Used to do Great Yarmouth to Ferrybridge in 3.30 every night, or Great Yarmouth to Bradford in 4.25.

But furthest i have done in one hit was from Hamburg to Scheveningen, which is around 500kms. Around 8 hours non stop. Was a Friday and was running for the boat. Had been messed around for 2 weeks and weren’t going to happen again. Got back Saturday morning and jacked.

why so slow? 8 hrs,could you not find top gear? :wink:

I know a man that left the yard, went to Castets & back in a whilst on weekly break !!

finished his break in the yard, Then set off again…