What is reasonble for premod?

For those on premod like me would it be reasonable to ask for a number of posts or a timeframe to be indicated after which, if there are no incidents, the premod is lifted?

No, I don’t think so. The way pre-mod is lifted is clearly explained already.

Coffeeholic:

There is no set period only a ‘when we think it should be’ which does not give a clear end date for the member

surely it is reasonable by anyones standards to say to a member that if they have no incidents within a timeframe and/or number of posts that it will be lifted

Otherwise it could be just personal reasons by those in power which I dont believe many would find a credible reason for keeping another from posting normally

Meh.

It’s only an internet forum, not life and death. It really doesn’t matter too much.

Are you STILL on pre-mod ROG? :open_mouth: It’s been like 2 years or something now? :astonished:

Rob K:
Are you STILL on pre-mod ROG? :open_mouth: It’s been like 2 years or something now? :astonished:

365 days and 365+ posts

Coffeeholic:
Meh.

It’s only an internet forum, not life and death. It really doesn’t matter too much.

It’s rog it is a matter of life or death…or the fact he’s too lazy to find a job and would rather waste his life away on here

gogzy:

Coffeeholic:
Meh.

It’s rog it is a matter of life or death…or the fact he’s too lazy to find a job and would rather waste his life away on here

A few emoticons after that statement would have been nice to show it was not serious :smiley:

Rob K:

permanently would not be a bad idea :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

ROG:

gogzy:

Coffeeholic:
Meh.

A few emoticons after that statement would have been nice to show it was not serious :smiley:

Who says I was joking

ROG:

Coffeeholic:

There is no set period only a ‘when we think it should be’ which does not give a clear end date for the member

Exactly ROG, you’ve got it in one. There is no set period only a ‘when we think it should be’ which does not give a clear end date for the member.

Simon:
Exactly ROG, you’ve got it in one. There is no set period only a ‘when we think it should be’ which does not give a clear end date for the member.

In other words it could be forever - is that a fair way to treat someone?

I wonder what would happen if the legal system worked that way - we send you to jail until there is a consenus to let you out, if ever…

Here is a poll :stuck_out_tongue:

Should Rog be allowed back. o

Should Rog stay on Premod. o

Wheel Nut:
Here is a poll :stuck_out_tongue:

Should Rog be allowed back. o

Should Rog stay on Premod. o

I would vote yes, let him back…BUT…

…Surely, though, the first place to start would be by the mods and Rog having a chat and seeing if Rog has learnt to play nicely while he’s been on punishment detail? In private, of course… :smiley: :smiley:

Mods.

You have my sympathies… :smiley: :smiley: :wink:

ROG:

Simon:

In other words it could be forever - is that a fair way to treat someone?

I’ve been on pre-mod on one forum for three and a half years and another for getting on for two years. You’re still a fish! :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve just noticed Rog is no longer a senior member but now senior moments!

And don’t get a forum confused with the legal system Rog. This isn’t a democracy!

switchlogic:
I’ve just noticed Rog is no longer a senior member but now senior moments!

It’s been like that for ages, must be a couple of years. :stuck_out_tongue:

ROG:
For those on premod like me would it be reasonable to ask for a number of posts or a timeframe to be indicated after which, if there are no incidents, the premod is lifted?

I can see how somebody might wonder about this, but the forum rules are very clear on this point.

Regarding pre-mod:

This may be done for a short time (e.g. Overnight to allow a situation to cool down,) or for a longer period.

:bulb: Speaking very generally, whether or not this is “reasonable” would probably have best been raised and discussed before pre-mod was imposed, rather than waiting until afterwards because IMHO raising that point after the event might tend to suggest that a person hadn’t read, or possibly didn’t understand the rules first. Just a thought.

Of course, and still speaking very generally, it might be that a person has never read the forum rules at all, or a person might think that this or that rule doesn’t apply to them, or a person might even go so far as to invent their own exemptions having confused themselves as to the meaning of the rules.

dieseldave:

ROG:

I can see how somebody might wonder about this, but the forum rules are very clear on this point.

Regarding pre-mod:

This may be done for a short time (e.g. Overnight to allow a situation to cool down,) or for a longer period.

:bulb: Speaking very generally, whether or not this is “reasonable” would probably have best been raised and discussed before pre-mod was imposed, rather than waiting until afterwards because IMHO raising that point after the event might tend to suggest that a person hadn’t read, or possibly didn’t understand the rules first. Just a thought.

Of course, and still speaking very generally, it might be that a person has never read the forum rules at all, or a person might think that this or that rule doesn’t apply to them, or a person might even go so far as to invent their own exemptions having confused themselves as to the meaning of the rules.

Love it :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Well, I think he (ROG) has a point.
I would think it would be better to have a set time “in jail” so to speak, in stead of having someone reading and allowing all the posts he makes, until…uh…forever■■?

Say, you were on premod for…6 months, or whatever, and if he behaves, ok…if not, just ban him!

If nothing else, it would save a moderator some time?

Well, I might have misunderstood something, but I don’t think having to premod someone would be desireable??