What hours do you work?

Hey all,

I was just wondering how many hours people work from different sectors of our industry?

I drive a Class II for a builders merchants 07:00 till 16:30 Mon-Fri and every other Sat 8-12.

I must admit, I moan abit if I am running late and finish at 5pm (as i don’t get paid O/T) but I can imagine that compared to the “Real” truckers that this must seem a very petty attitude & pretty good hours none the less.

If the other driver that I work with is late back at say 5 - 5:15pm all hell breaks lose!! :laughing:

Look forward to ya posts! :slight_smile:

I wouldn’t be working past 4:30pm if I wasn’t getting paid.

I don’t like early starts, so I start at 10am and if I max out my log book, I park at midnight, I’m away for a week or two, so I’m spending the night in the cab, doesn’t really benefit me to finish earlier in the day, so I work to my Circadian Rythym, hardly ever use an alarm and never feel tired :wink:

well i tramp all week and i stop when the tactrac say’s i am out of time, most weeks max out on spead 3/15 and 2/13 don’t work sats but after a week away i like my home time :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

I do 7pm to 7am. I never see day light but i find driving more relaxed at night

whatever hours i can legally do. though the last few weeks have mainly counted as rest because the agencys cant sort themselves out.

i start between 4am and 6am and generally do a 12-13 hour day

I do 19:15 to around 04:00, paid to 04:45 Monday to Friday. Day off today for Thanksgiving though.

Coffeeholic:
I do 19:15 to around 04:00, paid to 04:45 Monday to Friday. Day off today for Thanksgiving though.

I’m all ears!

44 Tonne Ton:

Coffeeholic:

I’m all ears!

12 hours of NFL from 17:00 to 05:00 on Sky Sports 3 and work would have just got in the way of that so threw a sickie. One cracking game done, as my team go 11-0 for the season, and two to go. Next game will include shots of the Dallas Cowboy cheerleaders so must dash.

nearly there:

What . . 7 nights a week ? :open_mouth:

Suedehead:

nearly there:

Maybe, not necessarily illegal. :wink:

Coffeeholic:

44 Tonne Ton:

Coffeeholic:

I’m all ears!

12 hours of NFL from 17:00 to 05:00 on Sky Sports 3 and work would have just got in the way of that so threw a sickie. One cracking game done, as my team go 11-0 for the season, and two to go. Next game will include shots of the Dallas Cowboy cheerleaders so must dash.

Yes, I can see why you have to leave… :slight_smile:

My start times differ between 4/5/6 am and i finish 5/6/7 pm , works out i work around 12/13 hours per day Monday to Friday.

John.

Suedehead:

nearly there:

Sorry i forgot to mention its 4 on 4 off under domestic hours. To be honest not a lot of driving is done as theres a lot of other work

Until recently worked days starting between 5 and 7am and finishing about 6.
The last couple of weeks the only work the agency has been nights driving a van, starting at 10pm until 8- 9am.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

The plan is 6am-6pm, one week nights then the other days.The fellas who have been with the company for decades get the mornings Mon-Fri, maybe I,ll get that shift pattern in a few years time ? For me its any 5 from 7.

Last week done 15 Sun (Don’t get a penny extra for weekend work) 12 Mon, 12 Tues, 15 Weds and yesterday 13 1/2.

Works out to just over £900 before stoppages, today and Sat is a day off.Love Fridays off, great for any admin around town etc.So this week I have Thurs/Fri/Sat night off go back in 10pm Sun, or earlier depending what needs doing.

If I work Sunday (Day) I take my laptop and watch the footy, the second half is 45 minutes long, bit of a coincidence that !

I prefer driving at night, especially in the London area, alot less stress and hassle, and if you make a wrong turn its easier to turn round :wink:

mine varies alot as there trying to keep you at 50 hrs,this week up until now
sun 3 a.m -11.45 a.m [8 hrs 45 mins]
mon 3 a.m -11.30 a.m [8 hrs 30]
tues 2.30 a.m -11.45 a.m] 9 hr 15]
wed 3.00 a.m- 11.30 a.m [ 8 hrs 30]
as long as i do 8 hrs 30 mins i get my 10 hrs [50 hrs p.w],theyll alter it though as they hate you doing 40 odd hours and having to pay you 50 hrs,so next week ill be doing 60/70 hrs then theyll be moaning im doing too many :unamused: i like the hours but i must admit its been nice being home by midday and having all afternoon ahead of me :smiley: [not so good when you get pay slip :frowning: ].

Week 1
Tue - Fri: 13:07 to 00:23
Sat: 12:50 to 23:39

Week 2
Mon/Tue: 13:31 to 0116
Fri: as above
Sat: 14:00 to 21:30

Slowly getting used to not being at home most of the time but the job is good and can’t complain.

(btw - much better layout and interface)

About 36-38 hrs ! half a week to some I know but I’ve been there done that etc.
Paid 50hrs 40+10 @ time & half, I can manage on that money and its nice being home at lunchtime.