What hours do you work?

Wed-Sat, 5am starts and usually done for 5-6pm and about 45-60 hours per week depending if I do a days overtime. Can usually get done early on a Fri and Sat. I’ll be done early enough today to pick up my daughter from school today, these hours suit me completely, love it.

Start at 1am usually finished by 12pm,occasionally have a run that keeps me out till 2 or 3 pm.Work a 9week rota,8 weeks at 4x10hr shifts and 1week 5x8hr shifts.

Hi All.Not in the uk,but just to show different systems in the transport world.I drive a 60ton tipper underground in an iron ore mine here.The working system is as follows.1st shift,0500 until 1430,7 days.Then 1 week free.2nd shift,1430 until 2400 then 1 week free.Then start again.For this we take home between £2300 to£2500 per month netto.
We also have drivers above ground.They work 0700 to 1700 for 7 days then 1 week free.They take home about £2000 netto.Easy life,no tachos and little stress.Take care.Mike

as many as is posibal while staying leagal that is

6 AM till 2PM Monday till thurs,1PM finish on a Friday.This gives me plenty of time for the odd agency shift,on a sunday,to pay for the holiday.

as many hours as possible mostly work nights at NFT Alreton start times around 10 pm and midnight and maybe a few shifts in the week for sports direct these are the long ones all double manned anything from 15 hrs to 20 hour shifts

I work 10 hours Monday and Friday
8 hours Tues, Wednes, Thursday
8hours every other Sunday
All in all not a crippling workload, although we all hate the every other Sunday working :smiling_imp:

7 days a week, or until the job is done.

work any legal hours start normally mon at 4am and just keep going till fri/sat depending if its my weekend to work cant beat tramping :laughing:

This week…
Mon…Holiday
Tues…0030 start 1345 finish
Weds…2330 start 1230 finish
Thurs…0200 start 1500 finish
Fri…0000 start 1345 finish
Sat…0100 start 1300 finish
Sun…Rest day

Thats an average week for me,they can move our start time +/- 2 hrs from day to day (more if it suits them…) :angry:

Tues 00 00 till 10
Weds 00 00 till max hours
Thurs 02 00 till max hours
Fri 04 00 till 10 00
Sat 04 00 till 9 00

We work a 40hr basic week with optional overtime. The drivers are on a roster and shift start times range from 7am - 6pm. Most shifts start around 12pm - 5pm. the earlier shifts tend to be longer distance (portsmouth, southampton, poole) and the later shifts are mainly standby or covering extra collections. shifts are a minimum of 8hr45mins with 45mins unpaid break. every run is timed to get back to the hub for the overnight sort which means that between 9 - 10 the place is like a madhouse! I’ve never had a job that’s this easy before, almost no manual labour involved at all! :grimacing:

For me its normally
Wed, thur, fri. 3.30 - 18.30
Sat 3.30 to 1pm - 4-ish.
Some times start tues as extra . 3/4 nights out.

My start time on Monday night is around 1900! Usually do a 13/15 hour shift and similar start time every evening while tramping! I’ll be changing to a 2000 start on shift work in Dec Sun-Thur though! Have to wait and see how this pans out! :neutral_face: Every other weekwill be 6 shifts(Sun-Fri) trunk run for P&G/Boots Thurrock-Beeston-Erith-Thurrock! :wink:
I’m not on this run next week!

So look out for me overnight up and down the M1/M25 in a Stobbies Scania pulling a Boots Doubledecker! :grimacing:

0700-1500-1600 Monday to Friday is the norm for me here in Tenerife.

Mon Fri 8am- 5pm are the set hours in the contract, anything out of them times is at O/T rate,
Generally its 7.30am - 4.30pm so half hours O/T everyday.

I drive a grab for a utility company and my hours are 07.00 - 1630,mon till fri but in reality i normally start at 6 and finish at 17.30 ish.
Most weeks i rack up between 60-65,with weekends, but i have hit the 80+ more than once.
Thats the great thing about working for a utility company i suppose,tacho’s are out the window.
I haven’t used them in years.
Any time i am pulled by vosa they are more interested in how much i have on the back.

Lets be honest the hours for this day and age are far to long it is 2011.For the hours that have just been posted on here you should be getting £1000 to 1200 a week.