What holdall do you use

May sound a bit different but as a driver we all use different bags, I just wondered if there was a drivers favorite.

I suppose it would depend on the type of work, days, nights out, week away, agency, supermarket driver etc etc

do you use a backpack, holdall, pilots case, the main reason for asking, Ive tried most and they all seem to be poor, holdalls let everything roll around inside, so it takes 20 mins just to find what your after, pilots case isnt big enough for the packed lunch, the backpack is better, but doesnt come in the best sizes, either to small or the size of small tent.

ATM i use a sports holdall, but as i said everything rolls around inside, for nights out I use whats known as a “roadies bag”, sort of wheeled dual holiday luggage, but you can get everything in it incl Quilt, pillow, towels etc

sort of holdall/pilot case…large pocket for paerwork/atlas/tachos etc. all kept upright.
Large padded middle pocket for sat nav/ timer/ soft drinks etc.
And i large front pocket for important stuff…ie…phones…gum…cigs…etc.
Works for me…night class 1 driver.

UnionJack:
pilots case isnt big enough for the packed lunch

an attache case is bigger/deeper. Ideal for day work.
but for food, I still favour a small 9" x 6" x 6" cool box, so I can put 1 or 2 ice blocks in to keep dairy products such as yogurts fresh throughout the day

I have a huge bag sat in the boot of the car holding a double duvet, pillows, wash kit, change of clothes, and other night out gear. in case I should need it.

As a night trunker
I use a laptop type carry bag like satchel maps drivers regs ets in one bit gloves in a placki bag in another with phone charger a few cds pencil case etc
zip part has my wallet in tachos knife and a few things like fuses eleci ties tape in it
Whan i did nights out would use a larger type sports bag for clothes etc. sarnies etc in a carrier bag used as a rubbish bag at the end of the day

I do dayshift distribution, use a mid-size rucksack I got from my local outdoors shop. Big enough inside to stash lunch, my folder for notes, atlas and the all important book. Big side pockets for sat nav/mp3 player and assorted chargers. Pocket on front for tachos, timers etc. Little pockets on sides for sunglasses cases, mints etc.

I use a colostomy bag. You’d be amazed what you can squeeze into it.

I use a colostomy bag. You’d be amazed what you can squeeze into it.

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Since you ask, UJ …mine almost embarrasses me.

It’s a ■■■■■■■■■■■ one compartment junk-room that helps me adhere to the ‘6 p’s’ adage of Prior Planning Prevents P*** Poor Performance.

Truckers Atlas, London A-Z, flask, sports water-bottle, waterproof & warm jacket, scoff-box, tube of wipes, kitchen roll, torch, bulldog clips, smelly-gloves, warm hat, baseball hat, Swiss Army knife, back roll cushion, 28 days of tacho with admin blah …and space besides.

Maybe us daily agency dudes have more to lug …albeit an unattractive price albeit to avoid being an uncomfortable, stranded/lost, cold, wet, thirsty, hungry, clueless, illegal roadside mug in someone else’s (minging, defect ridden?) motor.

Spare fuses, bulbs, gaffer tape, etc? A decent daily/pre-use inspection & a good VMU negates that catalogue of extra misery …and thus, thankfully a need for a suitcase.

So what’s best? Certainly something with the essential of spare space for kosher ‘driver’s bounty’ on the rare occasion of meeting charitable loading bay gentlemen when on an attractive back-haul run, eh!

ive tried all sorts,but for me at the moment its got to be Ex forces holdall (British).Reasons being tough enough to hold ratchet straps,Big,well made,waterproof.Its got a pocket on the outside and 1 huge compartment inside with a tough bottom.Ive had mine for 8 years and not a stitch has come away and its had some abuse.For those who didnt get one free you can get them from most Army surplus stores or new from Silvermans. Second hand their about £10 from surplus

Just a bag I picked up in Darwin Australia last year with a kangaroo on… :laughing:

What sort of post is this?

How can anybody say anything that will wind everyone up & start a good old fashioned trucknet 20 page argument :unamused:

Well my bag is Polish & it does 40mph on single carriageways for minimum wage :laughing: :laughing:

newmercman:

How can anybody say anything that will wind everyone up & start a good old fashioned trucknet 20 page argument :unamused:

Well my bag is Polish & it does 40mph on single carriageways for minimum wage :laughing: :laughing:

Whats she called■■? :smiley:

newmercman:

It has been a problem since the EU borders opened to Eastern European bags, now all we get is holdalski which only hold a minimum amounts of items. A large compartment for cabbage and a smaller one for tacho pieces and if they are doing nights out, then a large compartment for cabbage and a smaller one for tacho pieces.

The British bag comes is two types, a large one to hold camera, camera tripod, dvds, dvd player, sideboard, sat nav, bacon sandwiches, 4 poster bed, pies, 6 mobile phones, desktop PC, bacon sandwiches, pies, pies, magnets, spare sock( bunk buddy) bog roll. Father Ted duvet, 1978 RAC atlas of the British Isles or if a Euro trucker a 1978 RAC atlas of the British Isles with a post it note of Europe, bacon sandwiches, 42 inch plasma screen, pies and a large satellite dish.

A smaller bag to hold a P45 is becoming more popular :frowning:

Smee:
Just a bag I picked up in Darwin Australia last year with a kangaroo on… :laughing:

Did you have a problem getting the kangaroo past customs?
I don’t suppose so, there’s more Australians in London than there are Poles in the U.K.

drew128:

newmercman:

It’s made by Adeedaszcyr, it’s the real deal, not some inferior knock off that does the job for half the price you know :wink:

newmercman:

drew128:

newmercman:

It’s made by Adeedaszcyr, it’s the real deal, not some inferior knock off that does the job for half the price you know :wink:

I hear all the bags are quite happy to all live together in a bigger bag…

No it had a few problems the other day, this Reebok bag with a Union Jack tag on it started kicking off about being undercut by a dirty Polish bag, madness really, who’d think that kind of prejudice exsisted? :laughing:

i drive a “bag” of ■■■■■■

newmercman:
No it had a few problems the other day, this Reebok bag with a Union Jack tag on it started kicking off about being undercut by a dirty Polish bag, madness really, who’d think that kind of prejudice exsisted? :laughing:

I have a foreign bag, threw it over my shoulder the other day and side swiped an handbag…

drew128:

newmercman:

I have a foreign bag, threw it over my shoulder the other day and side swiped an handbag…

I have a foreign bag too! Made in Israel its great for continental work as it totally ignores border crossings and any EU regs