What a bloody mess!

I wish to flag up the fact that the famous American truck engine manufacturer (begins with C)famous for its 14 litre straight six, usually connected to a Fuller 'box and popular in ERFs, Fodens, Seddon-Atkinsons etc, now gets BLANKED OUT AS A SWEAR WORD! :rofl:

The auto-censure could at least have chosen one of the less reliable and less popular loose engines for its ire. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Just had an idea: Iā€™m about to type in Cu or CU for the US engine maker ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  to see if the autocensor will wear it. If this works, at least we can use a shortened version.

And yes, it does work! Cu it is then. As for Gardnerā€¦

ERF-NGC

Cunnnins ? If you squint it looks almost right.

You cunning linguist! And the uphill Gardner gets away scot-free! :rofl:

ERF-NGC

Building a new website had to be done - I imagine (for security) - and itā€™s LOTS of WORK so give the fellows some time to get things right.

The current scrolling option works (but not nicely).

The scrolling down to the most recent comment sort of works but ā€œpagingā€ would be far better (like the old system). But I also understand this is a hobby site and doing everything takes lots of time and effort (Iā€™m in this business myself these days so know how hard it can be) Keep up the good work

Thatā€™s a cunning stunt. :hugs:

ā€¦which takes us to the Leyland Beaver :face_with_peeking_eye:

visually a lot better?? not a ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  chance. This is hurtful on the eyes

The appearance can be changed in your preferences.

Click on your avatar in the top right hand corner then on the right hand side of the drop down box you will see a list of options, the last one which looks like a persons head and shoulders is you profile, click on that then choose ā€œpreferencesā€.

In your preferences go to ā€œInterfaceā€, from there you can change the colour scheme.

Try the space bar. C ummins

1 Like

:+1: good work! C ummins it shall be :grinning:

[Infamous fancier of Middle-East spec ERF NGCs with spready TIR-tilts!]

So if I want to put a ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  engine in my Ford ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– , Iā€™m going to have to ask for a C ummins engine in my Ford Es cort. Thatā€™ll make me look illiterate, as this system is indeed turning us all into fools.

Or it`s all harmless fun? :grinning:

I thought the spellcheck was american?

What does the forum do if you type Comeings?

Phonetically the same, and people on here will understand it is not illiteracy
Similarly, Eskort or Sā€™cort
:grin: Fun and games with ā€œBig Brotherā€, ignorance is strength

Uh-oh, I gave the forum some convoluted get-arounds and now it needs the Heimlich manoeuvre :laughing:

It probably is, but itā€™s the auto-censor, not the spell-check thatā€™s turning our worms into squares. If they unleashed a compulsory Yankee spell-check on us weā€™d all be doomed! I suspect the new auto-censor is AI created: what human would think es korts and cu mmins besmirched the family show?

PS However, I do like the way we can preview what of our posts will actually appear in the right hand panel. Cushti!

be an opportunity for someone to set up a rival forum, this one will wither on the vine . I dont know if theres much money in forums but if there is nows a great time to set one up and pull rug from under this lame duck

It costs money to host a forum, thatā€™s why TN has advertisers; and any potential rival forum would have the same testicular aches that are experienced by TNā€™s Admin and Mods.
Itā€™s like those who think ā€œitā€™s time to go it aloneā€ as an owner-driver, the reality of that is far different than what is imagined.