Weekly working hours

Hi all!Could someone help me please with the correct answer on how many hours can i work in a week time.I started working with my ltd company.I started my first shift on Sunday at 7 pm finished Monday 7:30 am.Then i worked from Monday 7 pm till Tuesday(today) 9:30 am.I asked for an off for tonight and then i get told i have to work from tomorrow night(Wednesday) till next Tuesday morning.Is this possible to do that or just better to look for another job:)?Thanks!

raidd:
Hi all!Could someone help me please with the correct answer on how many hours can i work in a week time.I started working with my ltd company.I started my first shift on Sunday at 7 pm finished Monday 7:30 am.Then i worked from Monday 7 pm till Tuesday(today) 9:30 am.I asked for an off for tonight and then i get told i have to work from tomorrow night(Wednesday) till next Tuesday morning.Is this possible to do that or just better to look for another job:)?Thanks!

You worked Sunday and Monday then had at-least 24 hours rest (this morning to tomorrow evening).

If that’s correct and you had a regular weekly rest period last week, you can legally work from Wednesday to next Tuesday.

And how many hours can i work from Wednesday till next tuesday legally?Thanks for the answer!

raidd:
And how many hours can i work from Wednesday till next tuesday legally?Thanks for the answer!

60, not including any POA or breaks

raidd:

There must be no more than 144 hours between weekly rest periods.

You can legally work 60 hours in a fixed week, so from 00:00 Monday to 24:00 next Sunday you can legally do 60 hours working time plus breaks and POA.

edit: You will need a regular 45 hour weekly rest period next week.

tachograph:

raidd:

You worked Sunday and Monday then had at-least 24 hours rest (this morning to tomorrow evening).

If that’s correct and you had a regular weekly rest period last week, you can legally work from Wednesday to next Tuesday.

Dont forget that a Week is from Monday 00.01 to Sunday 23.59
So if you work from Wednesday till Monday you need to keep an Eye on Working Time Monday 00.01 to Sunday 23.59

Immigrant:
So if you work from Wednesday till Monday you need to keep an Eye on Working Time Monday 00.01 to Sunday 23.59

Bollox, and I’m not even gonna explain to you why!

Thanks for the answers!

Deleted for talking drunken bow locks. :unamused:

the maoster:

Immigrant:

Bollox, and I’m not even gonna explain to you why!

maoster is generally correct - the max 60 working ( not shift ) hours are between any two sunday midnights

My mate works for a company doing the Saturday to Wednesday week and he asked me a few questions regarding Working Time Directive.
His week starts on Saturday and finishes on Wednesday, so Thursdays and Fridays are his days off.
So here are his questions:

1. If he reduced his daily rest on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, can he reduce his daily rest on Saturday or Sunday?
  2. If he reduced his daily rest on Saturdays, Sunday and Monday, can he also reduce it on Tuesday or Wednesday?
  3. Lets say he’s done three daily reductions this week, and he can not reduce his daily rest anymore, today he started his day at 06:00 am and he finished at 18:00. What’s the earliest time he can start the next day, providing it is still the same week?
  4. If he finished his shift on Wednesday at 19:00, then had his weekly rest Thursday and Friday, what time at the earliest can he start on Saturday, providing he already reduced his daily rest rest three times this week (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday)?
  5. If on Wednesday he works more than 13 hours, and then has more than 45 hours off, before he starts again on Saturday, does Wednesday shift count as a daily rest reduction?

Would anyone have definitive answers to his questions, as I’m not sure myself what to tell him.

Thanks Chaps

hkloss1:
My mate works for a company doing the Saturday to Wednesday week and he asked me a few questions regarding Working Time Directive.
The questions you’ve asked below relate to the drivers hours regulations not the working time directive :wink:
His week starts on Saturday and finishes on Wednesday, so Thursdays and Fridays are his days off.
So here are his questions:

1. If he reduced my daily rest on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, can I reduce my daily rest on Saturday or Sunday?
    On the following Saturday and Sunday yes.
    You can have 3 reduced daily rest periods between weekly rest periods, in other words a weekly rest period (regular or reduced) resets the reduced daily rest periods.
    (I won’t go into split daily rest periods because it’s not what you’ve asked about.)

2. If he reduced my daily rest on Saturdays, Sunday and Monday, can I also reduce it on Tuesday or Wednesday?
    No, see the answer to the last question.

3. Lets say he’s done three daily reductions this week, and he can not reduce his daily rest anymore, today he started his day at 06:00 am and he finished at 18:00. What’s the earliest time he can start the next day, providing it is still the same week?
    Assuming he’s had 3 reduced daily rest periods since the last weekly rest period, he needs an 11 hour daily rest period so the answer is 05:00.
    (Again reduced daily rest periods are counted between weekly rest periods not per week.)

4. If he finished his shift on Wednesday at 19:00, then had his weekly rest Thursday and Friday, what time at the earliest can he start on Saturday, providing he already reduced his daily rest rest three times this week (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday)?
    Like I said reduced daily rest periods are counted between weekly rest periods not the fixed week, also daily rest periods have no bearing on the weekly rest period, the last daily rest period of the working week is also part of the weekly rest period.
    If he’s having a regular 45 hour weekly rest period he can start 45 hours after finishing on Wednesday, in this case he could start work any time after 16:00 Friday.

5. If on Wednesday he works more than 13 hours, and then has more 45 hours off, before he starts again on Saturday, does Wednesday shift count as a daily rest reduction?
    Yes, if you cannot fit an 11 hour daily rest period into the 24 hour period from the start of the shift it’s a reduced daily rest period regardless of how many hours rest you have.

Would anyone have definitive answers to his questions, as I’m not sure myself what to tell him.
Yes.

Thanks Chaps
You’re welcome :smiley:

By the way he can’t reduce your daily rest period only you can do that :grimacing:

raidd:

Am i reading this correct? You are a Ltd company so working for yourself you want time off but get told your working and what days your working for the next week. Is’nt that being an employee for the company your driving for.

“By the way he can’t reduce your daily rest period only you can do that”
Fixed that in the original post, lol :blush:

So, you are 100% sure he should be calculating his daily rest reduction not between Monday and Sunday but between Saturday and Friday?
If he reduces his daily rest on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday, he won’t be getting any infringements?

Thanks Tachograph

hkloss1:
So, you are 100% sure he should be calculating his daily rest reduction not between Monday and Sunday but between Saturday and Friday?

No not Saturday to Friday, he should be counting his reduced daily rest periods Saturday to Wednesday which is his working week.

If he’s working Saturday to Wednesday he can have 3 reduced daily rest periods between Saturday and the following Wednesday.

hkloss1:
If he reduces his daily rest on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday, he won’t be getting any infringements?

Correct.

If he has reduced daily rest periods on Monday Tuesday and Wednesday then had Thursday and Friday off, then has reduced daily rest periods on Saturday and Sunday he will not get an infringement, of course if he then has another 2 reduced daily rest periods on Monday and Tuesday or Wednesday he will get and infringement.

See for yourself on Page 20 - Rules on Drivers Hours and Tachographs

Thanks Tachograph for your help, much appreciated.

I thought the “working week” was just the time between two extended rest periods.

Just as the “working day” is just the time between rest periods.

Doesnt matter if thats wednesday to monday, or 4pm to 7am.

Isnt there a cpc module for this?

Concretejim:
I thought the “working week” was just the time between two extended rest periods.

If you mean the working week is the time between 2 weekly rest periods it is.

mac12:

raidd:

Am i reading this correct? You are a Ltd company so working for yourself you want time off but get told your working and what days your working for the next week. Is’nt that being an employee for the company your driving for.

Yes it was a crap agency i already left them:)

Incase anyone isn’t sure, your 2 x 10 hour drives are in the fixed week. So if you started your working week on Saturday and hadn’t done any 10 hour drives previously in that fixed week. You could do a 10 on sat, sun, Mon, tues, but when you start again on Saturday, you’d have to wait till Monday before you could use a 10