weekend break

Can anyone tell me if it’s ok to have like 39hours off then 40hours then have 56hours plus on the 3rd week to catch up. I was clear the week before the first short break.

Ask conor he knows everything about everything. He will even tell you, you are in need of a dcpc module training on basic drivers hours, because hes so clever.

V8 Passion:
Can anyone tell me if it’s ok to have like 39hours off then 40hours then have 56hours plus on the 3rd week to catch up.

Reduced rest must be compensated before the end of the 3rd week following the reduced rest.

From the limited info available, I’d say you are fine so long as you compensate all of those reduced hours.

Did you have a 45 minimum the previous week?

Don’t forget

In any two consecutive ‘fixed’ weeks a driver must take at least:

two regular weekly rests; or

one regular weekly rest and one reduced weekly rest.

So what your saying then Denis I can’t do what I wanna do then mate.

V8 Passion:
Can anyone tell me if it’s ok to have like 39hours off then 40hours then have 56hours plus on the 3rd week to catch up. I was clear the week before the first short break.

If you mean can you have two reduced weekly rest periods in two consecutive weeks without any other weekly rest periods, probably not.

But to be honest the way you’ve written the message it’s not really possible to know what you meant :confused:

Week 1 76 hours off
Week 2 39 hours off
Week 3 40 hours off
Week 4 will need to be minimum off 11hours catch up and 45 min break how much easier can I explain it

Denis F:
Don’t forget

In any two consecutive ‘fixed’ weeks a driver must take at least:

two regular weekly rests; or

one regular weekly rest and one reduced weekly rest.

True.

So no. The example the OP gave cannot be done (if the 40 referred to is a rest period for the second weekend)

V8 Passion:
Week 1 76 hours off
Week 2 39 hours off
Week 3 40 hours off
Week 4 will need to be minimum off 11hours catch up and 45 min break how much easier can I explain it

That certainly explains it better than the opening post.

When dealing with law and regulations, being concise is important.

V8 Passion:
So what your saying then Denis I can’t do what I wanna do then mate.

If you rely on the bit I quoted then no, but in the example quoted in GV262 it says

Which makes me believe. It might be possible ( but also confuses me a bit )

I will just do it and see if I get a infringement next week.

V8 Passion:

The only problem with that is tacho analysis companies aren’t always hot on the intricacies of the regs either

if you’ve had a full 45 hours you can then do 2 reductions and make the loss up at the end of the 3rd week.

V8 Passion:

V8 Passion:
Week 1 76 hours off
Week 2 39 hours off
Week 3 40 hours off

You cannot do that on a regular basis because there is not a regular 45 every other week

It might be legal as a one off, assuming every weekend off includes sunday midnight… but would need to know every weekly rest starting with the easter weekend if you had 4 days off at easter

I read somewhere that as long as its all caught up by the 3rd weekend it will do.

V8 Passion:
I read somewhere that as long as its all caught up by the 3rd weekend it will do.

You are only reading part of the rules

robthedog:
if you’ve had a full 45 hours you can then do 2 reductions and make the loss up at the end of the 3rd week.

Rubbish, it’s possible to do it legally in some scenarios but to say it’s always possible to do it legally is complete nonsense.

In any 2 week period u must have at least 1 45hr off what u want to do is not legal

V8 Passion:

It’s not the infringement that’s the problem, it’s the possible fixed penalty of £120 plus the fact that you could get parked up for 45 hours if you get stopped.

Still it’s your choice :smiley:

i just did a 4 week stint away
week 1 = 36
week 2 = 45
week 3 = 45
week 4 = 54 hours off
start again monday .