Warning - 'Tis the season

Side swiped by a caravan today on the M27 e/bound - he was in lane one and I was overtaking him and I got 3/4 alongside the caravan when he just pulled across into my lane, smashed into the cab, I had nowhere to go traffic all around so just braked and moved slightly to the right - we disentangled and the caravan wobbled around a bit then…

…he ■■■■■■ off. Didn’t even slow down. I moved over onto the shelf thinking he’d do the same but watched him disappear. On impact I was on the horn and he MUST have felt it, the caravan was being pushed hard over to the left so much so I think the righthand wheel was off the deck briefly. The front of my truck was eight feet from his door mirror ffs and these new Mercs have quite a presence especially with drl’s as well.

Anyway rang Hampshires finest and they went off to try and find him.

Minor damage to the truck and my bosses were sympathetic and cool about it.

So take care guys n girls, 'tis that time of year.

I don’t get all these weirdo’s driving round dragging their fibreglass portaloo’s behind them.

Get your hands in your pockets and pay for a proper holiday. Perverts.

And that’s why they is called “wobble boxes”.

Probably too embarrassed to stop as he must have forgot he was towing a caravan when he pulled into your lane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eagerbeaver:
I don’t get all these weirdo’s driving round dragging their fibreglass portaloo’s behind them.

pmsl :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

eagerbeaver:

At least when they park up, they have a toilet to go on. Just imagine the ridiculous notion of traveling around all week, and having to relieve yourself in a bush… Ahh. …

Motorhomes and electric biks will be all the rage soon! :sunglasses:

Get ready to be very annoyed! :grimacing:

Evil8Beezle:

What’s wrong with motor homes?

Well, converted transits, but you know what I mean…

the nodding donkey:

Evil8Beezle:

I’m talking about the bikes mate, as I confess to riding one yesterday! :blush:

2k and any fat F is mobile… :laughing:

Evil8Beezle:

the nodding donkey:

Evil8Beezle:

I’m talking about the bikes mate, as I confess to riding one yesterday! :blush:

2k and any fat F is mobile… :laughing:

Any pushbike is fair game with or without a cheat.

I think the wobble box claim is a bit dated these days. The way theyre designed has improved their road going ability no end, imho. Years ago it was a different matter.
Unfortunately, a lot of them are towed by turds :grimacing:

So dozy missed his flight so he decided to go out in his wobble box instead

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

papermonkey:
I think the wobble box claim is a bit dated these days. The way theyre designed has improved their road going ability no end, imho. Years ago it was a different matter.
Unfortunately, a lot of them are towed by turds :grimacing:

Really?

I’ve lost count just this week of how many idiots I’ve seen pulling a caravan and flailing all over the road.

You can make them as steady as you like and 2 things will happen, the first being that the 45 year old, moss covered portaloo will still be used and the second is that an idiot will be in control of the powered bit at the front.

As evidenced by companies such as Maritime and Stobart, an idiot in the powered bit will end in tears.

A.

personally my preferred tatic is to ensure its being driven by a serious twaddler,hit the happy button and overtake as quickly as possible whilst making sure my slightly overlyclose slipstream leaves him nowhere to go and ensuring that he is now wide awake by having to now try and keep the wobblebox from careering off the road in either direction.this now ensures that the happy caravanner is now fully awake and in control of his faculties and constantly contributes to road safety. :slight_smile:

It’s not just caravans…

North/eastbound on the M42, coming down Blackwell bank, approaching J2 and Hopwood MSA. I’m a shade over 38t, in an old Mercedes Axor with spongey brakes, at the half mile marker. At the 300 yard marker, in front of me, is a fully freighted Air Liquide lorry with a car tailgating him and another car tailgating the first car.

The Air Liquide lorry has got to the slip road and an Audi has decided to exit the motorway from lane 3 at the last minute, cutting in front of the lorry. The lorry is on his brakes, the car behind him is hard on his brakes and the car behind that is even harder on his brakes. The safe braking distance I’ve allowed myself is rapidly disappearing. I can’t move into lane 2 because I have two cars overtaking me.

I’m indicating to get into lane 2, whilst standing on the spongey brakes. Only, the two cars alongside me decide to exit the motorway at the last minute, into a space just about long for one car. Both have tried diving into that space, regardless of the artic they’re cutting up.

If I’d had a forward facing camera I wouldn’t have braked so hard and rammed them. The pillocks couldve then argued the toss with a traffic officer viewing the video evidence.

It beggars belief…

bald bloke:
And that’s why they is called “wobble boxes”.

part time ■■■■■, in rubber wheeled villas. :grimacing:

Personally, i dont see any problem with someone towing a caravan, or indeed driving a motorhome. I have had both and caused no issues, so what makes a trucker think hes better than the guy in front towing, the worse types i find are small builders trucks towing a compressor, especially the ones with no number plate or lights, i think many truckers suffer from stress related illnesses, either due to their workloads, or the job and knock brigade, not forgetting those on hourly pay ■■ just a thought, need to chill a bit more and de-stress.

Just like last year…

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=125550&hilit=wobble+box+season

There’s only 3 places on this planet that a caravan should be.

1. Static in a field.
  2. On the back of a wagon being taken to a field to be static.
  3. On Top gear.

Sent from Platform 9 3/4

One of the funniest I saw was a weekend gipsy in a new car coming towards me on the A1 near donny crawling past a truck. Just as he got in front of the truck the weave started then about 5 or 6 seconds later it ended up in him jack knifing right in front of the truck. Got job the truck driver was awake and hit the brakes on good time or he’d have gone straight over the top of them.