Veganism.. Vegetarianism

The unbelievable part of all that is that draught ESB and Youngs Special or a few equivalents like Southwold or Twickenham tastes a lot better than …Fosters.The fact that 4 pints goes even better with a pub Sunday Roast is a bonus.
I guess that vegan Sunday lunch only comes with the choice of bottled ESB.I’ll skip the lunch call in at McDonalds and have more beer in that case.

CF…Give yer taste buds a treat mate.
Hoy all that Southern maiden’s water down the sink, and try some proper beer.

This one meet your approval RR?

images

^^^^
Hey I’m open minded on beers, I’ll try anything once.
I went to a couple of beer festivals in the past, only trouble is by time you find something you like, you’ve had x no of pints you aint keen on, and feeling knackered because of them.:roll_eyes::grin:

1 Like

I don’t reckon you’d like it. No reflection on the product, but we all seem to prefer what we’re used to. Your beers seem to be quite different to ours and vise versa, of course. Of the few (expensive imported) UK beers I’ve tried, none particularly impressed me, nothing actually wrong with them, I simply prefered what I was used to. That doesn’t seem to faze the Pom population here, most of them soon get to appreciate the local brews. My father-in-law, originally from Belfast then Australian via Reading, always said that there were no bad beers, only good and better.
I put this to the test one time. I had to deliver 20 tonne of rice, in a 40’ container to an Asian food purveyor. It was a typical Queensland summer day with the temperature in the mid 30⁰C. I’m inside the container handling every one of the 5x3 size variety, of the 20 T, there were six Vietnamese blokes catching and sorting them onto pallets. The six fellows, who had the benefit of breeze and only handling one in six bags, were getting right up my nose, whinging about the heat and how hard the work was.
The only way I mustered the energy to keep going was to try and bowl any one of the whingers over with a 20kg bag of rice.
Anyway, point of the story was, once the container was finally empty, these fellows produced a large jug of ice and proceeded to fill it with Vietnamese beer, from cans. I was aghast, we don’t drink our beer with ice, but I found it amazingly pleasant and refreshing. So much so that I purchased a dozen cans. Six for my FiL to display in his collection of international beer, behind his bar and the remainder for immediate consumption with him.
My verdict was, what utter rubbish, his being, don’t buy any more. :rofl:
Moral to the story, don’t judge a beer when you’re on the threshold of dying of thirst.

I’m assuming your Aussie and not Brit ex pat?
I’m also assuming (maybe wrongly) that your beer is predominately lager type?
Fosters Castlemaine 4x and the like.

I prefer bitter or ‘real ale’ dark type beers myself, I also like a pint of Guinness now and again.
I’ll drink lager on hols in Europe, mostly because it is all you can get on the whole.
I’ll also have a couple of bottles of lager in truck fridge, Budweiser and the like to have with my ‘in cab’ tea if I decide to stay in.
Been drinking ‘Old Speckled Hen’ a few times lately, may even be one of CF’s Southern beers?, it’s logo is based on the old MG car badge I was told.
Also into Indian Pale Ales.

In to a lot of Ruddles bitter lately also…mainly because it’s about £1.70 a pint in Wetherspoons, when most bitters in other pubs are over £5 a pint these days.:grin:
Yep, definitely got a taste for it anyway.

Yeah mate, assumed correctly, lager is the most predominant beer here.
I’m not really a drinker, but a XXXX Gold (colloquially barbed wire beer) can be more restorative than anything else after a day’s work in summer. If I am settling down for a session with mates, Bundaberg rum (cane cutters’ cordial) is my preference, there seems to be a fantastic idea in the bottom of every bottle. :innocent: :beers:
Been known to enjoy a Guinness or two, as well.

For bottled beer Abbot reserve and ESB is a good way of maximising alcohol v tax 6.5 and 5.9 respectively.
Northern stuff seems a bit weak.
For Lager only imported German cuts it and Krombacher is better than Becks.Tescos can’t keep up with sales of latter.

6.5?..Tbh I aint that keen on over strong beer, I like drinking beer, but fact is I dont like being drunk, a bit tipsy or merry yeah…, but abso rat arsed, No…

I think the likes of John Smiths what I usually drink is about 3.5.
I just like to be aware of what I’m doing whilst out, but especially what’s going on around me.
I’ve seen me get another pint, and I know exactly when I am getting to the drunk, and I’ve seen me leave it.
Maybe that sounds boring to some, but there ya go.
Dont get me wrong I’ll stay out all day pint for pint with mates, but I know when I’ve had enough.

I will have the odd bottle of strong stuff at home, but not in any quantity.

For home bottles it’s discount same price for 4 Fullers London Pride that’s 4.7 or mix and match I’ll usually take 3 London Pride and 1 Abbot Reserve or 1 ESB.
Also 3 Krombachers they are 4.8.
Draught I’ll happily drink around 2 pints of Youngs Special that’s also around 4.5 and then go to a Fullers pub for 2 pints of ESB which is 5.9.That’s enough for me now.But grew up mainly drinking 4 or 5 pints of ESB which was the usually expected diet of choice locally.You’re right after 4 pints of ESB it could be a bit of an effort to walk in a straight line let alone go back to work after lunch times.Southern shandy drinkers indeed.