Van den bosch transport

robroy:

limeyphil:
beverley bell ended up having words with them. they had to put showers, toilets and a rest room in at leyland.
but that wasn’t company decency, they were forced to do it.

What are the regs Phil for drivers facilities at operating centres, and do they have to be maintained to a certain standard?..just curious :wink: .

i dont think there are any. but i remember there were several articles about the bev bell vs delroy some years back.
the poles lived in the lorries for six months at a time without any facilities at either end.

i think RDCs should be regulated regarding driver facilities though.
not bad coming from me. i usually detest regulations. :laughing:

[quote=“robroy”}

Was that the De Rooy with orange truck transporters ? do you know if the outfit, same name, with the blue motors/tauts are the same co, and if they too employ out based Brit drivers. Brit Euro run out of Zeebrugge not Rotterdam (unless you are going back a lot of years) as for cowboys :open_mouth: they were always ok when I worked there.[/quote]
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: De Rooy use to be one of the best payers in Holland, you didn’t wear your mattress out, but the money was great, every minute paid, no discussions.
Equipment was not always super: Daf 2500 day cab with pod (the nick name for them in Holland is “Dog Sleeper”) the pod seems to be an " Jan de Rooy" invention, Under there a Daf 2300 engine (230bhp but because of the astronomic mileage 65 of the horses where already with retirement) and a Daf 2000 chassis. They welded everything together in Son (near Eindhoven)where their Head office and workshops are.
They where light loaded but in the climbs we would overtake them with our 2800 Daf’s, but the Rooy drivers where famous to use a special gear to speed up, the called it the Sunday gear, and meant that they put the truck in Neutral when driving down on the hill, they caught one doing 140 km/hour on the “Katzenbuckel” (Elzer berg) on the A3 Autobahn. With the kind of brakes we had in the early 80’s no change to stop it at any point.
The thing what changed the pay was actually the “English” (waited for years before I had a chance to use it :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: ) they came in their Polo shirts, Tattoo’s, nasty polyester Tartan shorts (need to be worn until far into November) and where willing to do the job for far less money. This was in the end of the 80’s beginning of the 90’s :laughing: :laughing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:
A couple of my mates worked for Ome Jan (Uncle John) as he was known in the south, and he was a colourfull person, one of my mates had 3 days of for his own wedding, and when he came Monday morning in the office, they had a trip to Portugal for him, he said " I’m off from Wednesday onwards, the old man stepped in and said to my mate; "You better keep that pedal down than if you want to be back in time”
On other occasions a driver came in an complained that the brake lining was running on the metal, the old man would shout “ that’s how the trains have been running for ages, on you go!!”
But he is/was a great driver, if he said you could do former Yugoslavia in 17 hours, you could be sure that he had tried and don it, on that point no BS from the mans mouth.

He fell out with Beverly Bell, because he brought some trucks over from Holland, and to save money on truck transporters, he put some Dutch and Belgium plates from scrap vehicles out the yard on them and tried to run the trucks to their Intramast depot near Leyland. They got caught in Hull when they left the terminal. Some of the plates where not even mounted to the trucks but lying on the dashboard.

Still a great inventor, rally driver (Daf 55 cars and Trucks, Dakar etc.), transport operator and personality.
Rough on the edges but a heart of Gold (if you know him)
To race in the Silk rally and Dakar when you are 65 /66 years of age, shows that the man is made of something different, something you don’t see very much anymore.

caledoniandream:
He fell out with Beverly Bell, because he brought some trucks over from Holland, and to save money on truck transporters, he put some Dutch and Belgium plates from scrap vehicles out the yard on them and tried to run the trucks to their Intramast depot near Leyland. They got caught in Hull when they left the terminal. Some of the plates where not even mounted to the trucks but lying on the dashboard.

Still a great inventor, rally driver (Daf 55 cars and Trucks, Dakar etc.), transport operator and personality.
To race in the Silk rally and Dakar when you are 65 /66 years of age, shows that the man is made of something different, something you don’t see very much anymore.

This was Jan’s second attempt at stuffing the UK system. Edcrest from Sittingbourne was his first :stuck_out_tongue:

Wheel Nut:
This was Jan’s second attempt at stuffing the UK system. Edcrest from Sittingbourne was his first :stuck_out_tongue:

Aye he doesn’t give easy inn, if doesn’t work the first time give it another try! :wink: :wink:

I found this interesting, more so the direct translation from Google.

On the build up to the 2013 Dakar with the teams preparing the vehicles. This is a quote from Peter VDB

Not that it matters at what times the toughest days are:, or on days 1, 5 or 13, you still have to finish,‘’ said Van den Bosch sober. He hoped that the above will be associated with less luck than last year, when the team is already on the first day got into trouble and the day after the event ran. , Our objective is to sit in the truck with the fasten seat belt. We want no hassle to the finish in Santiago, Chile

xdakar.com/nieuws/82-peter-v … -de-finish

Bking:
Worked for the Dutch (DE ROY) great company if you dont like sleepin.Thats why all their trucks are now flagged Lithuanian or Polish.Mate of mine worked for that other bloody cowboy outfit Brit European out of Rotterdam first thing they did was confiscate his sleeping bag.

Bunch of [zb] shysters be warned.

another bull story
how can anyone/firm take stuff off you. load of ■■■■■■■■ that one is. :unamused: :unamused:

Wheel Nut:
I found this interesting, more so the direct translation from Google.

On the build up to the 2013 Dakar with the teams preparing the vehicles. This is a quote from Peter VDB

Not that it matters at what times the toughest days are:, or on days 1, 5 or 13, you still have to finish,‘’ said Van den Bosch sober. He hoped that the above will be associated with less luck than last year, when the team is already on the first day got into trouble and the day after the event ran. , Our objective is to sit in the truck with the fasten seat belt. We want no hassle to the finish in Santiago, Chile

xdakar.com/nieuws/82-peter-v … -de-finish

700BHP light weight, no tacho, no RDC or home deliveries, better arive on time :grimacing: :grimacing:
There is a couple of them there, also the Rooy is there, Gerard (son of Jan) and his cousin Hans Stacey both with Iveco
Will follow a bit, but only the high speed chases, climbing in the sandpit doesn’t appeal for watching.

gezt:

Bking:
Worked for the Dutch (DE ROY) great company if you dont like sleepin.Thats why all their trucks are now flagged Lithuanian or Polish.Mate of mine worked for that other bloody cowboy outfit Brit European out of Rotterdam first thing they did was confiscate his sleeping bag.

another bull story
how can anyone/firm take stuff off you. load of ■■■■■■■■ that one is. :unamused: :unamused:

He worked for DE ROOY, but can’t spell it, and Brits are based in Zeeby not Rotterdam, I never found them to be cowboys either :unamused: another well thought out post from B(S)king

robroy:

gezt:

Bking:

another bull story

He worked for DE ROOY, but can’t spell it, and Brits are based in Zeeby not Rotterdam, I never found them to be cowboys either :unamused: another well thought out post from B(S)king

Another prolific poster over the past couple of days :wink:

Wheel Nut:

caledoniandream:

zwntransport.nl/Nostalgie/We … ramast.php

Very good Wheelnut, good collection of pictures out the time when the Ships where made of wood and the man where made of steel…
Nowadays the ships are made of steel…

Must love them pictures of real DAF’s, the 2000’s, 2600’s, and 2800’s, that was the time that the men from Eindhoven builded real trucks.
My brother and my Ex-wife both work for “Paccar” but also worked for DAF, both are more than 25 years there.
They will tell you it hasn’t been improved since the Yanks took it over.

I’m trying to get a couple of grand together i’m just back from Amsterdam on holiday again .Anyway i’ve got a plan a driving refresher to get used to Dutch roads then show up in Erp for hopefully an assessment and job .Anybody with the company what would be the best month of this year to try this when they need drivers the most ■■

alza1988:
I’m trying to get a couple of grand together i’m just back from Amsterdam on holiday again .Anyway i’ve got a plan a driving refresher to get used to Dutch roads then show up in Erp for hopefully an assessment and job .Anybody with the company what would be the best month of this year to try this when they need drivers the most ■■

Anybody ■■?

Can’t believe this thread is still going!!

Must be a record, 59 pages!!! B-)

The boss man Peter Van den Bosch just finished in 10th place on the South American Dakar, his best result so far. :stuck_out_tongue:

gezt:

Bking:

another bull story

A few years ago I had a mate start for a Dutch company (no names,no packdrill).

After the first two weeks while he was back In the yard ,he had to put his truck In the garage for ‘Sevicing’ …

Only for It to be returned to him minus the bunks…

He went to see the company owner who intern told him that the bunks were taken out because he sleeps too much :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

He quit there & then…

The bunks belong to the firm so they do with as they please.but personal kits is a def no no.

gezt:
The bunks belong to the firm so they do with as they please.but personal kits is a def no no.

But daily rest can only be taken in a vehicle if it is fitted with a bunk! :confused:

Sir +:

gezt:

But daily rest can only be taken in a vehicle if it is fitted with a bunk! :confused:

Link to relevant regulation please. :wink:

Sir +:

gezt:

Didn’t you ever sleep under your tank in the war? :stuck_out_tongue: