Van den bosch transport

i had an interview last friday, im an oldie, been around tanks 30 years, a lot of lads will find 3 weeks a long time away, if youve got young kids it will hurt u.
thijs and frans were straight with me, id been watching this subject for weeks, so, i had a few questions to ask, the answers i got were acceptable, so im going to give it a go, things that may not seem right may change once the job has been running a while, i work for the dutch at the moment, their running a buisness not a holiday home,

when u have a problem talk to them, you will find them willing to listen,after all, if its all
running smooth everybodies happy, like the boys on here said, learn how to work the truck computer,
get stuck in for the 3 weeks, and earn some money, if u get really homesick call it a day, but keep a
smile on your face. good luck to u all, see you in erp.

NOUGH SAID, maybe time to start a new vdb thread with constructive things like
what gear to take
how is best to use onboard computer
best way of resolving defects
life away from home for 3 weeks
etc etc
or perhaps not cos that won’t make such an interesting funny read. i do feel tho it would help any future applicants rather than this thread which may put people off from applying.
you don’t learn unless you ask.
:unamused:
worth a shot @ admin

gezt:
what gear to take
etc etc
or perhaps not cos that won’t make such an interesting funny read. i do feel tho it would help any future applicants rather than this thread which may put people off from applying.
worth a shot @ admin

Most of those questions have been answered either in this thread or in similar threads.

VDB will instruct you on the computer, they know what info they need, but from experience of using three different systems, you cannot put too much information in them.

Again the computer has a link to the workshops, tell them the problem and it will generally be sorted, either immediately or back at base, tell the planner too but do not rely solely on the planner to tell the workshops or the cleaning station.

Life from home for three weeks; Don’t ■■■■ it all up the wall, work your legal hours, work the weekend if available and travel light. There are plenty of laundry facilities in Europe. There are also lots of good restaurants which you can afford to use.

Have I missed anything on this one? :smiley:

The computer thing seems to scare people. On Croomes, we had to tell them everything on the satellite, including where we got our fuel, which card, how many litres. We had to say when we were loaded, how many linear feet, arrival and departure times… It isn’t rocket science.
Lots of firms have the same system here. The only time it affects my earnings is on waiting times so I don’t use it as much, but if it did then I would follow their instructions.

The three weeks away is a bit difficult to comment on. Many of us older ■■■■■ have spent much of our lives spending weeks and weeks away, but we are old, and many youngsters seem to think it is not necessary in this new and modern age.

I reckon, if anyone is interested in working for VDB, they could do an awful lot worse.

I’ll take that as no then!

There is a recap somewhere around page 41 if you are concerned… :laughing:

gezt:
what gear to take
etc etc
worth a shot @ admin

I make you right, this thread has shown that there is a clear division in what is acceptable to people.

I would say that the most important thing to take over to Erp is a decent attitude, if you’re of the 45hr week mindset it would be better to jump on a plane to Benidorm instead :wink:

gezt:

Vascoingles:

akaday:
Cast out far enough and reel him in, I thought if I said that we would get at least another ten pages out of dino. :smiley: :laughing: :smiley:

you are worse than me :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

nahhhh nobodies “that” bad :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

who asked you then ?

It seems to me that vdb have come out pretty well from this thread, it’s a great advert for them, getting bumped to the top all the time. This kind of advertising is priceless and all the ‘help’ and ‘advise’ from some ‘When I’s’ seems to have got lost in the crap that’s also been posted.
Unless a post is directed at me I’m out of here, I still have the ‘folder’ that vdb hand out, this has details of the computer thingy and other stuff. If anybody want to have a look at it I’ll scan and email it or for the cost of Postage I’ll post it. It’s big and quite heavy.

I wouldnot have said that it was priceless advertising for them as both good and bad stories and experiences have been posted

Vascoingles:

gezt:

Vascoingles:

akaday:
Cast out far enough and reel him in, I thought if I said that we would get at least another ten pages out of dino. :smiley: :laughing: :smiley:

you are worse than me :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

nahhhh nobodies “that” bad :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

who asked you then ?

:open_mouth: didnt need asking vas :blush:
:imp: :laughing:

dinosteveus1:
It seems to me that vdb have come out pretty well from this thread, it’s a great advert for them, getting bumped to the top all the time. This kind of advertising is priceless and all the ‘help’ and ‘advise’ from some ‘When I’s’ seems to have got lost in the crap that’s also been posted.
Unless a post is directed at me I’m out of here, I still have the ‘folder’ that vdb hand out, this has details of the computer thingy and other stuff. If anybody want to have a look at it I’ll scan and email it or for the cost of Postage I’ll post it. It’s big and quite heavy.

one vdb information folder available,very good condition,never used as wasn’t needed due to change of plans. please contact dinosastersaveus1. :unamused:

I read all 43 pages last night to find out all that I can. Took me 5 hours, have square eyes now. I’m a single guy with no family commitments. This sounds like something I would be interested in. I would do it just for the adventure if nothing else. Good points and bad points but you get that with any job. The computer in the truck sounds like the most important thing to get right for a happy life. Have been on agencies for 10 years now. Enough is enough. Agency driving used to be great but not anymore. Rates have been slashed and scared to spend any money not knowing if next week you are going to be even working.

I am flying out there tommoro afternoon not sure of any other new starters at the moment tho :open_mouth: a little nervous about it but excited aswell

Now then Square eyes, :laughing: :laughing: (TramperJon to his mates). Did you get in touch with VdB,s UK rep. “caledoniandream” as I suggested. :wink: :wink: Give it a whirl. He can only say ZB-off. But being Dutch, I very much doubt it.

I.m 1 of those I,s that DIno has the problems wIth. :cry: :cry:

bedgar047:
Well did anyone actually have a interview ?..

Who’s going to be parked up for your 24Hr / 45 Hr weekend rest for £19.60 Night out expenses…NOTHING ELSE

I wonder how much the Dutchmen are getting paid ?

Not a bad thread 41 pages of I don’t know what. To come to what was known if asking the right questions to the people who were going to interview candidates. Sums should have been done before going to work for the company.

Has anybody ever asked / quizzed any of the Dutch drivers what they are getting paid for a wage & expenses plus weekends away !!!

Buycrider:
Now then Square eyes, :laughing: :laughing: (TramperJon to his mates). Did you get in touch with VdB,s UK rep. “caledoniandream” as I suggested. :wink: :wink: Give it a whirl. He can only say ZB-off. But being Dutch, I very much doubt it.

I think you are a “When I”, rather than an “I am” though.

I think publishing the VDB folder on here would be a good idea :laughing:

Clause 3.
During the employment, the employee is subject to a degree of confidentiality with regard to everything that comes to his knowledge in connection with the business and interests of the employer by means of these Company Regulations, the Drivers Manual and the performance of his duties. In the event of breach of this clause the employer has the right to demand full compensation for any damage suffered.

When new drivers signed for the driver manual, did they notice the promise to hand it in if they left? :laughing:

bedgar047:

bedgar047:
Well did anyone actually have a interview ?..

Who’s going to be parked up for your 24Hr / 45 Hr weekend rest for £19.60 Night out expenses…NOTHING ELSE

I wonder how much the Dutchmen are getting paid ?

Has anybody ever asked / quizzed any of the Dutch drivers what they are getting paid for a wage & expenses plus weekends away !!!

You are behind the times, Dutch & Belgium drivers being away for the weekend are very few and far between nowadays.

Wheel Nut:

Buycrider:

I think you are a “When I”, rather than an “I am” though.

I think publishing the VDB folder on here would be a good idea :laughing:

Clause 3.
During the employment, the employee is subject to a degree of confidentiality with regard to everything that comes to his knowledge in connection with the business and interests of the employer by means of these Company Regulations, the Drivers Manual and the performance of his duties. In the event of breach of this clause the employer has the right to demand full compensation for any damage suffered.

When new drivers signed for the driver manual, did they notice the promise to hand it in if they left? :laughing:

WTF are you saying?
I never offered to publish it on here and there’s no way I’m gonna scan every page, there’s loads of it :unamused: .