Van den bosch transport

Hi to you all,
I have been dipping into this thread since the start when I too saw the job advertised to drive for VdB.
May I say thanks to the drivers who went and came back and the ones still there and liking it or lumping it whatever the case maybe for giving me a good old giggle and finding myself at the same time saying out aloud ahhh what a shame they just don’t get it. I am sure others will learn from your experience that either to stay clear of such a job or take a chance and go for it and in my opinion if you want to try something new that gets you on the ladder so to speak well here’s your chance, after all many drivers are employed there and have been for years it seems so it can’t be all bad…
Maybe by aireing your grievence’s Frans can iron them out with his people in Erp, but the way some of you have gone about it leaves a lot to be desired ie personal attacks etc…
Driving is one of those jobs that gets under your skin if you have been in it for a while, and however much you may moan about it its got you and it or you won’t let go.
To drive for the Dutch or any other nationallity you need to understand them and their way of doing things and adapt accordingly in order to make the experience the best it can be.
May I just say, I first went to Holland way back in the early 70’s in a Bedford TK when I was 18 and had been driving on the continent until 2001, I then took a 9 year break from driving for various reasons.
All that time I was working for a Dutch based organisation but from the UK and feel I know what the “Dutch way is” when it comes to drivers, but you do what you feel is right and stick up for yourself in a sensible calm way and you won’t get crapped on but given some respect instead, and yes learn the language or at least some of it as I tried to do as I did with French and Greman too. As to what I said about it getting under your skin I am back on the road since August on a night trunking job.
By the way Vascoingles does know his onions as I know him from his JdR days and he should be applaided for getting up and having a go overseas and making it work.
All the best

walshy:
Just to add, day 3 of the training is board computer day :slight_smile: you are told its what your wages are paid on and your even given clues as to the best way it will benefit you. I started in July on silo road, you do get more time loading and unloading and as Okely am earning as we were told we would, my last pay was £2140 in the bank for 3 weeks work never more than 15 hours a day and taking breaks as per contract (which i printed and read before the interview) as for my planner :slight_smile: we get on well since have educated him :astonished:

Excuse me Phill, who educated him■■? :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

John-truckersinfo:
By the way Vascoingles does know his onions as I know him from his JdR days and he should be applaided for getting up and having a go overseas and making it work.
All the best

Johnny from IPEC ?

that is many moons hence :cry:

bobthedog:
Vas has the wrinkles to prove it… :laughing:

not gone unnoticed Bob :smiling_imp: revenge will be sweet :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

Well Stu i know you started to educate him but I have been working on him also… :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :smiley:

John-truckersinfo:
All the best

John you’ve known vas for that long. You poor sole you get that long for murder pmsl

alix776:

John-truckersinfo:
All the best

John you’ve known vas for that long. You poor sole you get that long for murder pmsl

and you should be looking after my grandson rather than leaving comments on here that will only get you in to trouble :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

This thread has been allowed to run further than most in the past because all sides have engaged and taken part

However I have had to remove tonight two posts regarding VDB’s trading position as a few minutes check shows it is complete and utter bull manure amd libelous

we have stretched the limit on this thread of the forum rules because all parties seem happy to do so… but complete fabrications of a companies trading position is damaging to that company and will not be tolerated.

We have let this one run a bit, but dont extract the urine too far

Vascoingles:

alix776:

John-truckersinfo:
All the best

and you should be looking after my grandson rather than leaving comments on here that will only get you in to trouble :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

His mother is doing fine I’m parked up at the other of the country even did international last night ok it was Cornwall hehe I’m even reading that book I knicked off you lol.

alix776:

Vascoingles:

alix776:

John-truckersinfo:
All the best

His mother is doing fine I’m parked up at the other of the country even did international last night ok it was Cornwall hehe I’m even reading that book I knicked off you lol.

When did you had a change to knicked my dads book :laughing:

Does anybody know if the VDB trucks have power inverters installed into them at all ? Or what the standard internals are

Thanks

rowson85:
Does anybody know if the VDB trucks have power inverters installed into them at all ? Or what the standard internals are

Thanks

they do, but they dont work

gogzy:

rowson85:

Thanks

Oh rite lol why’s that then what’s the way around it thanks dude

gogzy:

rowson85:

Thanks

Have you wired the plugs up correctly, both pins are live iirc. The workshop will repair them if you are in Erp

rowson85:

gogzy:

rowson85:

Thanks

Oh rite lol why’s that then what’s the way around it thanks dude

taking your own invertor with you, ive got a 150w one and it does the job fine for me.

Wheel Nut:

gogzy:

rowson85:

Thanks

Have you wired the plugs up correctly, both pins are live iirc. The workshop will repair them if you are in Erp

i would bloody hope that my plugs for my laptop were wired up correctly. they only work in a few of them but as this is a luxury and not nessecery to do the job i doubt ud get time in the garage to fix it.

gogzy:

Wheel Nut:

gogzy:

rowson85:

Thanks

i would bloody hope that my plugs for my laptop were wired up correctly. they only work in a few of them but as this is a luxury and not nessecery to do the job i doubt ud get time in the garage to fix it.

So is a 150w inverter enough for the likes of laptops and power chargers

rowson85:

Thanks

A potential new VdB recruit with concerns about powering his laptop, this thread could last a while :laughing: :laughing:

newmercman:

rowson85:

Thanks

A potential new VdB recruit with concerns about powering his laptop, this thread could last a while :laughing: :laughing:

I think they will have there own forum soon! :laughing:

gogzy:

Wheel Nut:

gogzy:

rowson85:

Thanks

See, Gogzy, you are still learning, to a Dutchman if the coffee machine doesn’t work, that is a major defect.

koffiezetapparaat kapot is

:laughing:
Apologies for Google Translation