Van den bosch transport

browncow2:
if you can go for a drink with mick and outlast him you,ll have no problems with me :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

he’s one of them that “preloads” fella.
when i left gib yesterday at 4.15pm he was waving a glass of red wine out the window of his truck :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing:

Ex Haulier:
East europeans or jocks, what’s the difference ?. The new [zb] of the western world !.

Ok you guy are better than me!! I ment long run as in a day. Its not a long run if you take a 11 or 9 rest. This is all new to me i have been with vdb for about 5/6 months, Cash is cash. If you lost your job would you consider being a N…ger :open_mouth:

No.

WBIS, i hear they have had to cut a hole in the gib fence, is that right ?.

welshboyinspain:

ravanoli:
I was over in bagor wales last weekend. Good run. I also do
Erp-Dresden :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: thats a long run!!!

am i missing something here? does :open_mouth: replace :wink: for sarcastic or do you really mean erp to dresden is a long run? its about 800km and do-able on a 10hr day?

Ha ha its a long way for Rav he usually only does a 50km radius of Erp

cant complain really, trainings good though still to have a practice on the water tanks. only done about 40 mins driving in 30 days aswell so i must be doing something right lol.

the big vn is sitting bout 50 ft away.,…can i sleep in that instead of this fh…:slight_smile:

also spotted this

Ex Haulier:
WBIS, i hear they have had to cut a hole in the gib fence, is that right ?.

the mayor of la linea has run out of money and not paid the council staff or the local police for the last 2 months so he’s trying to put the toll in even though madrid have told him it’s not only illegal but will threaten the relationship between spain and gib.
so now all trucks going into gib have to join the same queue as the cars as the road from campamento to the car access point is a national road controlled by the government whereas the road up to the “old” truck entrance is a locally controlled road and the policia local have put barriers up to stop trucks going in

gogzy:
cant complain really, trainings good though still to have a practice on the water tanks. only done about 40 mins driving in 30 days aswell so i must be doing something right lol.

the big vn is sitting bout 50 ft away.,…can i sleep in that instead of this fh…:slight_smile:

also spotted this

30 or 3?

caledoniandream:

brit pete:
@wbis You beat me to it a long run, I was laughing my head off,
there are people as you said on here doing this daily, we used
to do a run from Kleve Germany to Budapest Hungary with
a stop in Vienna Austria to get new papers before doing the customs at
Nicklesdorf , and then carry on through to the customer, :laughing: :laughing:
and as said others go further,

Pete, there is the word USED, we use to go to Moscow with chocolate, Cairo with cranes, Turkey with plastic etc.

Nowadays VdB tanks still go to Tokyo, Brazil, many Arabian countries, Dubai etc. only not on wheels.
Pricing demands different ways to do things, so you probaly have seen in continent Europe more and more tanks on the rails, canalboats, short sea etc.
Only certain customers and certain products will go long distance on the road, and only if they are willing to pay for it.
When I started at VdB 17-18 year ago we had approx 50 tank containers, nowadays we have in an excess of 3.500 tank containers (mix of wet and dry bulk) and we are not the only ones.
I laughed myself stupid when they told me 20 years ago that more than 60% of a the long distance traffic would be on rail and river or short sea boats, but it is getting there as we all can see.

I said used to ,as I no longer am allowed to drive ,the firm where I used to
work still sends tankers all over , They have containers but the railway can not compete
with a truck on service, The customers still use the service and pay the rates asked, THE
Firm has a lot of Just-in-Time customers and 24/7 customers as well and this can only
be done by Trucks who can meet the deadline set, which the TRAIN can not,due to
late arrivals, strikes,and other reasons, Yes containers have taken a lot of work but
here in Europe, until the trains get their service and reliability to a much higher
standard , they will not take the big share of the cake as regards road transport
in the E.U. and the country’s adjoining them ,

welshboyinspain:

browncow2:
what day you tipping brum next week james? will be working in cannock next week.

I’ll pm you when on way up as long as you don’t want to start an argument like in bully’s bar :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

handbags at dawn ■■? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I’m a big man too then, I do Greece (very occasionally). And I drive a V8 Scania. So there.

brit pete:

caledoniandream:

brit pete:
@wbis You beat me to it a long run, I was laughing my head off,
there are people as you said on here doing this daily, we used
to do a run from Kleve Germany to Budapest Hungary with
a stop in Vienna Austria to get new papers before doing the customs at
Nicklesdorf , and then carry on through to the customer, :laughing: :laughing:
and as said others go further,

Pete, there is the word USED, we use to go to Moscow with chocolate, Cairo with cranes, Turkey with plastic etc.

Nowadays VdB tanks still go to Tokyo, Brazil, many Arabian countries, Dubai etc. only not on wheels.
Pricing demands different ways to do things, so you probaly have seen in continent Europe more and more tanks on the rails, canalboats, short sea etc.
Only certain customers and certain products will go long distance on the road, and only if they are willing to pay for it.
When I started at VdB 17-18 year ago we had approx 50 tank containers, nowadays we have in an excess of 3.500 tank containers (mix of wet and dry bulk) and we are not the only ones.
I laughed myself stupid when they told me 20 years ago that more than 60% of a the long distance traffic would be on rail and river or short sea boats, but it is getting there as we all can see.

I said used to ,as I no longer am allowed to drive ,the firm where I used to
work still sends tankers all over , They have containers but the railway can not compete
with a truck on service, The customers still use the service and pay the rates asked, THE
Firm has a lot of Just-in-Time customers and 24/7 customers as well and this can only
be done by Trucks who can meet the deadline set, which the TRAIN can not,due to
late arrivals, strikes,and other reasons, Yes containers have taken a lot of work but
here in Europe, until the trains get their service and reliability to a much higher
standard , they will not take the big share of the cake as regards road transport
in the E.U. and the country’s adjoining them ,

I know what your saying Pete, I’m also not behind the wheel anymore. Of course there is still a lot going over the road, and that is the reason why we still 1200+ road tankers on the road, but high volume customers who can afford to have some stock in tank containers on the terminals (product permitting) will ask more and more for other solutions than road transport.
If you see only the container transport over the rail from Rotterdam into Germany grow from 2008 to 2009 with 11.6%, the road transport went over the same period down with 5.7%. So there is no denying that there is a movement, not one I am happy with but one clear to see coming.

http://www.transport-online.de/nachricht/eurocargo.php?id=60653

There will be always a place for road transport; USA is a clear example, massive distances and still trucking.
The train will never stop to your front door, however we have customers who have the rail terminal in house.
We still go to many destinations all over Europe in East and West, but the convoys of 15 VdB trucks haulin beer to Italy are gone for some time. We still do Scandinavia, Poland, Hungary, the odd Moscow, Turkey, Greece, Italy, but it’s most times because of product or customer demand, or simple…………because the train strikes, running late or is fully booked! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:
:grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

A quick recap…

Porridge Poles,decide to tak the low road.
Swop their dirks for dykes and find out that windmilling aint just a fighting style.

Jan van Der beerswerver, the cloggy outfit they work for seems to be absorbing the shock
of getting invaded by hordes of swearing, hard drinking ginger haired white skinned skirt wearing road warriors.

And one person discovered that 3 weeks away on a rig in Holland,didnt involve drilling for oil.

And asking for a deep fried mars bar in Holland can lead to a whole new experience.

:laughing: Only jokin

oatcake1967:
A quick recap…

Swop their dirks for dykes and find out that windmilling aint just a fighting style.

Jan van Der beerswerver, the cloggy outfit they work for seems to be absorbing the shock
of getting invaded by hordes of swearing, hard drinking ginger haired white skinned skirt wearing road warriors.

And one person discovered that 3 weeks away on a rig in Holland,didnt involve drilling for oil.

And asking for a deep fried mars bar in Holland can lead to a whole new experience.

oatcake1967:
A quick recap…

Yeah, that just about sums it up :laughing:

Wheel Nut:

gogzy:

also spotted this

30 or 3?

i meant 3 lol. heres some more from me sitting about doing nothing lol.heres my bed for this week, aswell as the vn and some other random pics from about here aswell as another special truck.

well so far as the McDonalds adds say…im lovin it
FH globby,good training(more than i have ever had from any UK company)
excellent food and the suns out :sunglasses: ok im parked up next to Gogzy but you cant have everything :wink: :wink:
Im under no illusion that i wont have to work for my money but thats why im here.

sneakyscotsman:
excellent food and the suns out :sunglasses: ok im parked up next to Gogzy but you cant have everything :wink: :wink:
Im under no illusion that i wont have to work for my money but thats why im here.

haha u cheeky git lol. u love being parked next to me :smiley:

gogzy:

sneakyscotsman:

Just remember that, you are getting good professional training, it is instead of, “there’s some keys in the drawer, give us a ring when you are tipped,” honestly listen and ye shall learn. I was 25 years a tanker man and believed I knew most of it. VDB showed me I was a long way short of the mark

Wheel Nut:

gogzy:

sneakyscotsman:

Just remember that, you are getting good professional training, it is instead of, “there’s some keys in the drawer, give us a ring when you are tipped,” honestly listen and ye shall learn. I was 25 years a tanker man and believed I knew most of it. VDB showed me I was a long way short of the mark

i will say it has been good hands on traiing with etrainers, aswell as having a laugh with them. its not been stressful either. also when having a go with the tanks moving water from one to another at the training bit they left you to make your own mistakes, always left to check it etc. the water pump cover wasnt on tight and i saw sneakyscotsman and stuart slowly walk away laughing…never occured to me at the time lol. but i got there in the end. did a run up to wormerveen with sneakyscotsman…he got the big a frame wag and drag and i got…a vw caddy to follow him and pick him up lol.

he gave up the reversing pretty quick lol.

ive got my truck…i just need to move out of this one in the morning into it. cant be bothered tonight

“he gave up the reversing pretty quick lol”

bloody cheek he got back in the van quick enough when i offered him a go of it…lol

Hey you two, glad your having fun and enjoying your training, we sometimes go for food when we get back at the egyptian restaurant, (kebabs) we get there about 6ish come and introduce yourselves and we can go and get a beer.