Van den bosch transport

akaday:
Spotted one on the M25 this morning my self. :smiley: starting to see them about more often now. How many are based here Frans?

32 drivers / 17 trucks, mainly 24/7 shifted work.

The Uk based only run for Cadbury contract, the ones who you see on the M25 etc come from the continent.

Our furthest trips are maximal 250-300km, little bit export.

caledoniandream:

akaday:
Spotted one on the M25 this morning my self. :smiley: starting to see them about more often now. How many are based here Frans?

32 drivers / 17 trucks, mainly 24/7 shifted work.

The Uk based only run for Cadbury contract, the ones who you see on the M25 etc come from the continent.

Our furthest trips are maximal 250-300km, little bit export.

I was over in bagor wales last weekend. Good run. I also do
Erp-Dresden :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: thats a long run!!!

caledoniandream:

Actrosman:
Spotted a VDB Volvo heading south on M40, sunday evening between j11 n 10 iirc pulling a Cadbury tank…anyone on here?

One of mine guys, 25 ton liquid chocolate for Keynsham. :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

i’ll give him a flash if i see him again,see if i get a response!! Think it was a bearded guy with glasses??

ravanoli:
Erp-Dresden :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: thats a long run!!!

am i missing something here? does :open_mouth: replace :wink: for sarcastic or do you really mean erp to dresden is a long run? its about 800km and do-able on a 10hr day?

welshboyinspain:

ravanoli:

am i missing something here? does :open_mouth: replace :wink: for sarcastic or do you really mean erp to dresden is a long run? its about 800km and do-able on a 10hr day?

No !! its a long run. Do you want me to spell it out :confused: Or is it you have done longer witch means your more of a man than me? :unamused:

ravanoli:

welshboyinspain:

ravanoli:

No !! its a long run. Do you want me to spell it out :confused: Or is it you have done longer witch means your more of a man than me? :unamused:

I’m not having a go so don’t get all “more of a man than me” about it, i thought you were being sarcastic as 800km is a days run in europe and just for me to get from home to barcelona is 1075km i’m loading friday algeciras for birmingham and thats not a long run, there’s blokes on here that regularly do the north of the uk to gib or even north africa
sorry but you’re welcome to spell it out if you like i’m always open to learning something new from the big men

I thought it was about 650 - 700 clicks and if it is the one where you weigh off in an old feedmill before tipping I did it from Liverpool Road

welshboyinspain:
I’m not having a go so don’t get all “more of a man than me” about it,

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Excellent retort Welshboy, PMSL…Look out lads, the handbags are out :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

This could well turn into “look who I met in Pamplona” part 2!! :laughing: :laughing:

Do VDB allow frilly tasseled curtains in their trucks■■? :laughing: :wink:

bullitt:

welshboyinspain:
I’m not having a go so don’t get all “more of a man than me” about it,

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Excellent retort Welshboy, PMSL…Look out lads, the handbags are out :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

This could well turn into “look who I met in Pamplona” part 2!! :laughing: :laughing:

Do VDB allow frilly tasseled curtains in their trucks■■? :laughing: :wink:

they wouldn’t be able to have frilly curtains fella they don’t even keep the same truck do they? think they empty the thing every 3 weeks :laughing:

I think that Den Hartogh are the proper dutch tank company aren’t they ?. always got a soft spot for them, it was one of there blokes who took me to Meson David in Barcelona for the first time. Realised what a great place Spain was and been hooked ever since.

Ex Haulier:
I think that Den Hartogh are the proper dutch tank company aren’t they ?. always got a soft spot for them, it was one of there blokes who took me to Meson David in Barcelona for the first time. Realised what a great place Spain was and been hooked ever since.

i see den hartogh everywhere, from sweden to spain to greece but vdb don’t seem to go as far

@wbis You beat me to it a long run, I was laughing my head off,
there are people as you said on here doing this daily, we used
to do a run from Kleve Germany to Budapest Hungary with
a stop in Vienna Austria to get new papers before doing the customs at
Nicklesdorf , and then carry on through to the customer, :laughing: :laughing:
and as said others go further,

brit pete:

careful pete, bragging about long runs makes you a “big man” :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
you did tankers didn’t you? germany to the uk if i remember our conversation?

Ex Haulier:

Wash your mouth out you philistine,

Den Hartogh along with H&S employ dozens of eastern europeans, Van den Bosch employ dozens of Scotsmen :stuck_out_tongue:

what day you tipping brum next week james? will be working in cannock next week.

brit pete:

Pete, there is the word USED, we use to go to Moscow with chocolate, Cairo with cranes, Turkey with plastic etc.

Nowadays VdB tanks still go to Tokyo, Brazil, many Arabian countries, Dubai etc. only not on wheels.
Pricing demands different ways to do things, so you probaly have seen in continent Europe more and more tanks on the rails, canalboats, short sea etc.
Only certain customers and certain products will go long distance on the road, and only if they are willing to pay for it.
When I started at VdB 17-18 year ago we had approx 50 tank containers, nowadays we have in an excess of 3.500 tank containers (mix of wet and dry bulk) and we are not the only ones.
I laughed myself stupid when they told me 20 years ago that more than 60% of a the long distance traffic would be on rail and river or short sea boats, but it is getting there as we all can see.

browncow2:
what day you tipping brum next week james? will be working in cannock next week.

I’ll pm you when on way up as long as you don’t want to start an argument like in bully’s bar :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

East europeans or jocks, what’s the difference ?. The new [zb] of the western world !.

if you can go for a drink with mick and outlast him you,ll have no problems with me :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Ex Haulier:
East europeans or jocks, what’s the difference ?. The new n*&gers of the western world !.

thas not fair fella, i’ve never met a scotsman as badly dressed as your average east european.
flipflops, dirty socks, cheap tracky bottoms and a vest regardless of the weather :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
last week on the calais ferry i couldn’t tell if i was in the drivers restaurant or the “bulgarian footy team without washing” lounge :laughing: