Van den bosch transport

am glad your enjoying it graham its a good transition from way back when you started this thread, i applied same time as u but didnt here anythink but i applied through driving jobs website, needless to say am waiting to here on a job in kuwait moving millitary gear ill keep u posted

dustylfc:
am glad your enjoying it graham its a good transition from way back when you started this thread, i applied same time as u but didnt here anythink but i applied through driving jobs website, needless to say am waiting to here on a job in kuwait moving millitary gear ill keep u posted

hello mate, good luck with kuwait job, i got the very same email about it, if i hadn’t had this job i think i would of applied for that.

wonder if they would be interested in me had class 1 for a year doing bulk powder tanks on a rigid at the moment but have been out in artics as well as a releif driver ?

bjd:
wonder if they would be interested in me had class 1 for a year doing bulk powder tanks on a rigid at the moment but have been out in artics as well as a releif driver ?

Why not give it a go? You have nothing to lose.

grahamzx6r:

dustylfc:

hello mate, good luck with kuwait job, i got the very same email about it, if i hadn’t had this job i think i would of applied for that.

yer m8 thats why i wanted to be a trucker so i can travel and see more diverse situations and also meet and understand different cultures beats store delivery’s any day, vdb wud be a goodin too, lets see what the future holds :wink:

Hi,
A lad on our place I told about this last week has told my mate who also works at my firm that he rang today and wad told that VDB are not taking any more applications. When I see him I’ll ask the for the full story on what they said.
I my self have tried to email Frans today.
Good luck to all the lads going out.

That’s not the right story; we will have in August a round of interviews in Scotland for flying from Edinburgh. :blush: :blush:
Because our training centre (Van den Bosch Academy) is closed for Holiday during August, we don’t take anybody on to start in August (except the one who are already placed in August) :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:
After that we will have a review and look what the new requirements are of the business, but if it goes like its going now there will be defiantly more vacancies.
As ever we don’t promise anything, don’t build castles in the air etc. but keep your eyes and ears open, more to come.
Scotland interviews will be around week 29
:grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

caledoniandream:
That’s not the right story; we will have in August a round of interviews in Scotland for flying from Edinburgh. :blush: :blush:
Because our training centre (Van den Bosch Academy) is closed for Holiday during August, we don’t take anybody on to start in August (except the one who are already placed in August) :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:
After that we will have a review and look what the new requirements are of the business, but if it goes like its going now there will be defiantly more vacancies.
As ever we don’t promise anything, don’t build castles in the air etc. but keep your eyes and ears open, more to come.
Scotland interviews will be around week 29
:grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Frans,

have you thought about recruiting direct from Northern Ireland :question:
There are regular cheap direct Easyjet flights from Belfast to Amsterdam :exclamation: :wink:

Amsterdam is the wrong area for us, we prefer to fly to Weeze in Germany, is only 60 odd kilometres from our head office in Erp.
Also we try to have as little as possible destinations to fly to, otherwise we need to employ a travel agency who can remember who goes where.
But we don’t stop you from moving near to Edinburgh :grimacing: :grimacing:

By the way we expect to do interviews week33 for another 8-12 vacancies in Edinburgh. :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:
We get requests from people out every corner of the country (and even further than that) but we prefer to keep it simple, we could make our life very difficult and offer thousand different combinations to travel, but we don’t do ourself any favours there, so we won’t be doing it.
Also if you live to far from the airports we use, there is often very little point to employ, because your travel expenses will eat in your wages, also in winter time you gone to spend a hell lot of time to travel and will give up.
We are looking for long term relationships and not for “gap” fillers.
This is not because we want to be awkward, but to give us and yourself a decent chance for a long term, well working relationship.

caledoniandream:
Amsterdam is the wrong area for us, we prefer to fly to Weeze in Germany, is only 60 odd kilometres from our head office in Erp.
Also we try to have as little as possible destinations to fly to, otherwise we need to employ a travel agency who can remember who goes where.

By the way we expect to do interviews week33 for another 8-12 vacancies in Edinburgh. :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:
We get requests from people out every corner of the country (and even further than that) but we prefer to keep it simple, we could make our life very difficult and offer thousand different combinations to travel, but we don’t do ourself any favours there, so we won’t be doing it.
Also if you live to far from the airports we use, there is often very little point to employ, because your travel expenses will eat in your wages, also in winter time you gone to spend a hell lot of time to travel and will give up.
This is not because we want to be awkward, but to give us and yourself a decent chance for a long term, well working relationship.

Weeze, is that RAF Laarbruch? Must be, but you never said. The best Pizzas I’ve ever eaten was at Goch, not far from Weeze.
Small World.

dinosteveus1:

caledoniandream:

weeze is dusseldorf i think , am sure there are flights from liverpool or manchester of which i only live half hour away
:wink: :wink: :wink:

caledoniandream:

You got my c.v kept on your data base, shall i expect a call soon :smiley: :laughing:

dustylfc:
weeze is dusseldorf i think , am sure there are flights from liverpool or manchester of which i only live half hour away

Yes is called Dusseldorf Weeze, is closer to Goch

And no fly only from Edinburgh, Birmingham and Standsted (wich we won’t use) to Weeze.

Liverpool and Manchester fly to Dusseldorf Int. which is more expensive.

But that is how life is, I live in Scotland and work in Birmingham, that is my choice but I cannot request of Van den Bosch if they move the work to Scotland.

In the past when I was driving for VdB Erp I had to go on my own cost and time from Scotland to Erp, they didn’t request me to live in Scotland so it was my choice to commute.

That was my choice that I wanted to work in the Netherlands noboody forced me, so I couldn’t request them to bend over backwards.

caledoniandream:

dustylfc:

Yes is called Dusseldorf Weeze, is closer to Goch

And no fly only from Edinburgh, Birmingham and Standsted (wich we won’t use) to Weeze.

Liverpool and Manchester fly to Dusseldorf Int. which is more expensive.

But that is how life is, I live in Scotland and work in Birmingham, that is my choice but I cannot request of Van den Bosch if they move the work to Scotland.

In the past when I was driving for VdB Erp I had to go on my own cost and time from Scotland to Erp, they didn’t request me to live in Scotland so it was my choice to commute.

That was my choice that I wanted to work in the Netherlands noboody forced me, so I couldn’t request them to bend over backwards.

yes your correct its does seem expensive and your also correct about the choices we make we carnt expect a company too change its plans money is money and by limiting expence means better growth , on a slightly different note has vdb concentrated its recruitment push on uk soil or has it been more far a field?

dustylfc:
yes your correct its does seem expensive and your also correct about the choices we make we carnt expect a company too change its plans money is money and by limiting expence means better growth , on a slightly different note has vdb concentrated its recruitment push on uk soil or has it been more far a field?

No, it’s not UK only, we still do a lot in Germany, and some in Hungary, it wouldn’t be wise to play on only one drum, or put all eggs in one basket.
Imagine that the Sterlling went up twice it’s value (very unlikely) or got a social system like Norway or The Netherlands overnight (as much chance as winning the lottery and the Euromillions on the same weekend) than we would need to review our strategie. :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

don’t forget leeds bradford airport, think there is only 2 of us that fly from there

grahamzx6r:
don’t forget leeds bradford airport, think there is only 2 of us that fly from there

That’s 2 too many eh graham :sunglasses: :laughing: :sunglasses:

caledoniandream:

dustylfc:

No, it’s not UK only, we still do a lot in Germany, and some in Hungary, it wouldn’t be wise to play on only one drum, or put all eggs in one basket.
Imagine that the Sterlling went up twice it’s value (very unlikely) or got a social system like Norway or The Netherlands overnight (as much chance as winning the lottery and the Euromillions on the same weekend) than we would need to review our strategie. :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

it seems the resession has actually improved vdb status unless its been clever thinking and using the slump to actually get men to work which has to be admired, with the recent influx of men i can only assume vdb have secured more contracts and are in it for the long haul, its about time somethink positive came about within the industry and with all the doom and gloom hanging over us the recent posts of newly hired uk drivers are proof that vdb must be doing somethink right , so goodluck vdb drivers happy trucking :smiley: :smiley:

Okey-Didley-Dokely:

grahamzx6r:

That’s 2 too many eh graham :sunglasses: :laughing: :sunglasses:

2 is alright stuart, all you lot up there will be flying van den bosch airlines soon, there is gonna be that many of ya so i hear. :smiley:

Hi all.
Thats my week of rest almost up. I fly back out tomorrow,just in time for a Sunday shift should get about 13 hours at double time :smiley: :smiley:
2 trips to Bergin op. Taking one of the new guys out show him the procedure. The best thing about this shift apart from the Cash is the free Chocolate you get from Mars. :wink:

SF