Van den bosch transport

Coffeeholic:

Big ■■■■:
Do dutch workers have to do W.T.D like take a 30 min break after 6 hours working

They have to, or are supposed to, follow the WTD as it is a EU wide thing but no they don’t have to take a 30 minute break after 6 hours, no one does.

Unless you work for a UK company. I recently got a 3 day ban from Bibby’s for exceeding the 6 hour rule by 8 minutes. :unamused: I explained that it was due to thier route and booking times, and traffic on the M4 near Bristol being heavy and not being able to get to the services in time. i had less than 4 hours driving, so no problem with drivers hours regs.

truckerjon:

Coffeeholic:

Big ■■■■:
Do dutch workers have to do W.T.D like take a 30 min break after 6 hours working

They have to, or are supposed to, follow the WTD as it is a EU wide thing but no they don’t have to take a 30 minute break after 6 hours, no one does.

Unless you work for a UK company. I recently got a 3 day ban from Bibby’s for exceeding the 6 hour rule by 8 minutes. :unamused: I explained that it was due to thier route and booking times, and traffic on the M4 near Bristol being heavy and not being able to get to the services in time. i had less than 4 hours driving, so no problem with drivers hours regs.

Doesn’t alter the fact nobody has to take a 30 minute break at 6 hours, 15 is all that is required.

Coffeeholic:

truckerjon:

Coffeeholic:

Big ■■■■:

Doesn’t alter the fact nobody has to take a 30 minute break at 6 hours, 15 is all that is required.

I agree. When I last read the european guidlines I’m pretty sure it said that the minimum length of break is 15, but if you’re working above a certain amount of hours you need to have a higher total of amount of break in a day but each individual one doesn’t have to be longer than 15. My last employer didn’t agree though, and said that I must take 30 mins, which I thought was daft not only because he was wrong, but he was also paying me for breaks :smiley:

This is for another thread/forum though. :sunglasses:

garnerlives:
Would it be possible please for those who are now out there to put up a list of what stuff you took out with you please as reference for other guys coming over? Also in regard to what kit there is in the trucks, fridge etc.

I’m hopefully going to take the bare essentials due to weight for baggage allowance etc, and hopefully there will be somewhere over there where I can pick up bits and pieces I will need for every day type items and tramping stuff. If there isn’t anywhere locally to equip myself it’ll have to be a case of take my stuff from here over and pay an excess I’d guess?

Cheers folks

What you need is one of these, and you can stuff Michael O Leary right up his jacksie :laughing: It has 22 pockets and is big enough to hold a laptop and all your other paraphernalia, 4 pairs of socks, save one pair for the flight home :wink: They cannot weigh your clothing if you are wearing it, take it off to pass it through the scanner and get a trouble free rubdown.

Watch this link on other tips to save extra charges. itv.com/itvplayer/video/?Filter=155288

Things like don’t carry all your toiletries in a bag, buy them there or after check-in and leave them in your locker.

Haha, that’s a good invention.

Is there anyone else on here who’s starting on the 19th of July? Looks like I’ll be going out by car and I could probably take an extra bag or two if you’re having trouble with the flight luggage allowance.

garnerlives:
Would it be possible please for those who are now out there to put up a list of what stuff you took out with you please as reference for other guys coming over? Also in regard to what kit there is in the trucks, fridge etc.

I’m hopefully going to take the bare essentials due to weight for baggage allowance etc, and hopefully there will be somewhere over there where I can pick up bits and pieces I will need for every day type items and tramping stuff. If there isn’t anywhere locally to equip myself it’ll have to be a case of take my stuff from here over and pay an excess I’d guess?

Cheers folks

I was one of the first to go over and was in the same situation as you mate.
You are allowed 15kgs of luggage in the hold and 10kgs of carry on luggage, which must be a certain size if flying with Ryanair, they will be a little come and go as far as weight goes u can usually get away with 2 or 3kgs over the 15 in your hold luggage, Graham is allowed 22kgs if I remember what he said if not Graham correct me mate.
Packing what you need is basically common sense, you need enough clothes for 3 weeks out, you can find laundrettes (Wassrooms) there are plenty in Belgium and quite a few Autohoffs in Germany have them, you can find them as you go along. If you need washing stuff you can buy this in Erp at the local supermarket, I never took bedding with me and if you head 5km up to the town of Uden or into Veghel there are a few bigger shops there which will supply anything else you might need. The trucks have no extras ex: fridges or microwaves pretty much basic fleet motors.
I try to get my washing done on the Friday b4 I come home so I dont have to bring it with me then when you come back over you can bring more so called Luxuries with you
Hope this helps mate
Regards Stevie

manowar:
This is for another thread/forum though. :sunglasses:

Of which there are already countless going back 3 years or so, some stretching to many pages, on here. :stuck_out_tongue:

bigsidney:

garnerlives:

Cheers folks

You are allowed 15kgs of luggage in the hold and 10kgs of carry on luggage, which must be a certain size if flying with Ryanair, they will be a little come and go as far as weight goes u can usually get away with 2 or 3kgs over the 15 in your hold luggage, Graham is allowed 22kgs if I remember what he said if not Graham correct me mate.
Packing what you need is basically common sense, you need enough clothes for 3 weeks out, you can find laundrettes (Wassrooms) there are plenty in Belgium and quite a few Autohoffs in Germany have them, you can find them as you go along. If you need washing stuff you can buy this in Erp at the local supermarket, I never took bedding with me and if you head 5km up to the town of Uden or into Veghel there are a few bigger shops there which will supply anything else you might need. The trucks have no extras ex: fridges or microwaves pretty much basic fleet motors.
I try to get my washing done on the Friday b4 I come home so I dont have to bring it with me then when you come back over you can bring more so called Luxuries with you
Hope this helps mate
Regards Stevie

Cheers mate, excellent advice.

bigsidney:

garnerlives:

Cheers folks

Hope this helps mate
Regards Stevie

yeah ya right stevie i can carry 22 kg in suitcase and 10 kg hand luggage on jet2

how many guys got a job and how are you enjoying it so far please keep thread going cos i see that the boss replys as well to some questions as i would not mind applying for a job myself even though i have european experiance

TWINFLAGS:
how many guys got a job and how are you enjoying it so far please keep thread going cos i see that the boss replys as well to some questions as i would not mind applying for a job myself even though i have european experiance

Hello mate, if you have read through the posts on here there are around 3 or 4 of us who are working at VDB and who post replies regularly to the questions we can answer, In total at the moment there are around 15/20 British guys who are based in Erp and on between liquids and powders, with them still actively recruiting in the UK at the moment, there are usually between 2 and 4 guys starting on a weekly basis as work in this sector in Europe and for VDB is slowly picking up and after the downturn in work. The guys who are based in Erp seem to be on the whole very satisfied with the job, wages and the way we are treated, which on the whole is very good. There are others who have come from the UK and are based in Tielt BE and who are on liquids for De Mullemeister and the ones that I have chatted to seem pretty pleased with their jobs and are doing fine. I understand from what the new guys who have started recently that they are now doing driving assesments in the UK, this is because they were taking guys over and finding out after spending money on flights etc that they were actually not very good in different aspects of their driving, and as Frans stated in a previous post one driver who was taken to Erp actually couldnt read signs etc and was sent home!!!
In total if you read the posts from start to finish you will see that in the beginning when Graham asked the initial question it was getting a lot of negatives and that we should be wary of such a good job and good conditions, and as you read further the posts get better as the first wave of UK drivers started and began posting from what I can see as positive comments.
This seems to have changed the attitude of all the doubters and the guys with a hint of jealousy that maybe due to their own commitments ex: Jobs in the Uk or Family that they put comments in that were unfounded or unjust.
But I was one of the first to go over and I took the gamble to take the job and try to see if it was better than working in the UK, I now have no doubts that I made the correct choice as I have had a few jobs in the UK over my 20+ years driving including Euro work and this has to be the best from all aspects and I personally am happy with the job that I have now and wish that I had done this 20 years ago!!!

Hope this outlook helps any one thinking of applying…It may not be to everyones liking but whats wrong with giving it a go, those in the UK have nowt to lose as in the next 5 years the job in the UK is going to be completely and utterly shafted

Its good to hear that you all seem to be getting on well over there and a plus for VDB that you are giving out positive remarks about the company nice to hear as its usually the other way round :laughing:
I put an application in a few days ago, but having been out of the industry for a few years I am having to hope for a lucky break to get back into a good job. All the best

John-truckersinfo:
Its good to hear that you all seem to be getting on well over there and a plus for VDB that you are giving out positive remarks about the company nice to hear as its usually the other way round :laughing: ; I
I put an application in a few days ago, but having been out of the industry for a few years I am having to hope for a lucky break to get back into a good job. All the best

Believe me, it’s not just experience they want. I have absolutely none, but enough determination and enthusiasm to fill a Tanker. :stuck_out_tongue: :grimacing: :wink:
Good luck :wink:

dinosteveus1:

John-truckersinfo:
Its good to hear that you all seem to be getting on well over there and a plus for VDB that you are giving out positive remarks about the company nice to hear as its usually the other way round :laughing: ; I

Believe me, it’s not just experience they want. I have absolutely none, but enough determination and enthusiasm to fill a Tanker. :stuck_out_tongue: :grimacing: :wink:

Hmmmmm it might be a silo you have to fill mate :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :open_mouth:
You have a PM Steve

I shall be sending an email to Frans just as soon as I can get my CV updated :slight_smile:

This job sounds like heaven and I’m just so fed up of being treated like [zb] by the agency I work for :angry:

When can I start lol ? I’ll jump in my car right now :arrow_right: :arrow_right: :arrow_right: :arrow_right: :arrow_right: :arrow_right: :arrow_right: :arrow_right: :arrow_right:

bigsidney:

dinosteveus1:

John-truckersinfo:

Hmmmmm it might be a silo you have to fill mate :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :open_mouth:
You have a PM Steve

As long as it doesn’t need emptying I’ll be fine :unamused:

dinosteveus1:

bigsidney:

dinosteveus1:

John-truckersinfo:

You have a PM Steve

LMAO YEAH MATE THEY SEND YOU TO LOAD THEN U JUST SPEND ALL YOUR TIME DRIVING YOUR LOAD ALL ROUND EUROPE NEVER EVER EMPTYING THE TANK/SILO :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :unamused:

bigsidney:

dinosteveus1:

bigsidney:

dinosteveus1:

John-truckersinfo:

You have a PM Steve

LMAO YEAH MATE THEY SEND YOU TO LOAD THEN U JUST SPEND ALL YOUR TIME DRIVING YOUR LOAD ALL ROUND EUROPE NEVER EVER EMPTYING THE TANK/SILO :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :unamused:

sounds too easy, what if you get bored of driving about with a full load? can you just dump it somewhere? mayby on a few gypsie camps or soemthing?

gogzy:

bigsidney:

dinosteveus1:

bigsidney:

dinosteveus1:

John-truckersinfo:

You have a PM Steve

sounds too easy, what if you get bored of driving about with a full load? can you just dump it somewhere? mayby on a few gypsie camps or soemthing?

Yes you can do that mate but you need to ensure there are no gypsies around cos they will steal your sat nav underpants and socks when you are dumping your load

bigsidney:

TWINFLAGS:

Hello mate, if you have read through the posts on here there are around 3 or 4 of us who are working at VDB and who post replies regularly to the questions we can answer, In total at the moment there are around 15/20 British guys who are based in Erp and on between liquids and powders, with them still actively recruiting in the UK at the moment, there are usually between 2 and 4 guys starting on a weekly basis as work in this sector in Europe and for VDB is slowly picking up and after the downturn in work. The guys who are based in Erp seem to be on the whole very satisfied with the job, wages and the way we are treated, which on the whole is very good. There are others who have come from the UK and are based in Tielt BE and who are on liquids for De Mullemeister and the ones that I have chatted to seem pretty pleased with their jobs and are doing fine. I understand from what the new guys who have started recently that they are now doing driving assesments in the UK, this is because they were taking guys over and finding out after spending money on flights etc that they were actually not very good in different aspects of their driving, and as Frans stated in a previous post one driver who was taken to Erp actually couldnt read signs etc and was sent home!!!
In total if you read the posts from start to finish you will see that in the beginning when Graham asked the initial question it was getting a lot of negatives and that we should be wary of such a good job and good conditions, and as you read further the posts get better as the first wave of UK drivers started and began posting from what I can see as positive comments.
This seems to have changed the attitude of all the doubters and the guys with a hint of jealousy that maybe due to their own commitments ex: Jobs in the Uk or Family that they put comments in that were unfounded or unjust.
But I was one of the first to go over and I took the gamble to take the job and try to see if it was better than working in the UK, I now have no doubts that I made the correct choice as I have had a few jobs in the UK over my 20+ years driving including Euro work and this has to be the best from all aspects and I personally am happy with the job that I have now and wish that I had done this 20 years ago!!!

Hope this outlook helps any one thinking of applying…It may not be to everyones liking but whats wrong with giving it a go, those in the UK have nowt to lose as in the next 5 years the job in the UK is going to be completely and utterly shafted

ah stevie me old mate, i too wish i had this offer of a job 20 years ago, i like you have had some challenging jobs over the years,i can honestly say, the best thing i ever did was apply for this job, the respect that a driver receives here is fantastic