Van den bosch transport

mb14:
Theres lots of NICE sights in Belgium at night!!

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Have i missed the boat with this one or are they still taking applications??..cause im SERIOUSLY considering it :frowning:

Bikemonkey:
Have i missed the boat with this one or are they still taking applications??..cause im SERIOUSLY considering it :frowning:

caledoniandream:
We are looking for 4 HGV 1 drivers from the Hull area, for our International Liquid tanker container transport, mainly from Rotterdam into Holland, Belgium, and Germany, the work contains a lot of short distance work.

The work pattern consists 3 weeks on and than one week off, we will sail the drivers across from Hull to Rotterdam and transport them to our depot in Rotterdam, after the 3 weeks we sail them back to Hull.

We looking for drivers who have some experience on HGV1, who are physical fit, flexible attitude, and understanding of transport and it’s requirements, registered in the UK (we pay in the UK so they need a UK NI number), and we have the requirement that you are able to communicate fluently in the English language, ADR is a bonus, Young drivers are welcome, full training supplied for tanker work, digi card is a must.

Furthermore, are we looking for approx 10-16 HGV 1 drivers from either Edinburgh or Birmingham area, for International tanker work (liquid & powder) from Holland.

We fly the drivers into Holland or Germany on our behalf and they work for 3 weeks on and a week off, this is for transport over whole of Europe, but mainly Germany, Belgium, France and Holland. After the 3 weeks work we fly them back on our behalf for the week break and so onwards.

Young drivers with little experience welcome to apply, if they have the right attitude we are very willing to consider them (Terms & conditions apply) ADR is as always a bonus, so is tanker experience (Liquid or dry) but is no must, complete training supplied for tanker work.

We looking for drivers who have some experience on HGV1, who are physical fit, flexible attitude, and have understanding of transport and it’s requirements. Registered in the UK (we pay in the UK so they need a UK NI number), and we have the requirement that you are able to communicate fluently in English , digi card is a must.

For both jobs max 6 points on the license (9 if 3 comes of in less than a 3 month)

If you have a DR10-30 on the license only apply when it is more than 5.5 years old.

Payment is Monthly (clears before the last day of the month)

Hourly rate GBP 8.30 per hour for the first 40 hours/ per week

After 40 hours GBP 12.45 per hour (time and a half)

Sundays and Bank Holidays GBP 16.60 per hour

Night out money GBP 19.50 per night that you are on the continent.

The week you are off, there is no pay

5.6 weeks holiday per year (incl. Bank Holidays)

We pay the flights and the Transport form and to the airport in Germany.

If you have any interest please apply by E-mail with your CV.

Frans Van Hoof
Transport Manager UK
Van den Bosch Transport Ltd.
T 0044 (0)121 459 5296
F 0044 (0)121 459 4802
E Frans-vanhoof@vandenbosch.com
I vandenbosch.com

If you got it, it’s delivered by a truck!

give a bell chris.

hi guys, just had a brilliant sunday in erp before i flew home for my week off, van den bosch held a beach volleyball tournement between different depots, departments, held every year in erp, sand was delivered, spread out in the yard, inflatable volleyball courts, inflatable swimming pool for the kids, free bear and food, excellent sunshine and atmosphere, here are some photos that i took.

Nice one, Thanks for the pics.
I can play VolleyBall, or at least I could a few years ago. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Can you only fly back to L/B Airport or are other Airports available (Stanstead)

dinosteveus1:
I can play VolleyBall, or at least I could a few years ago. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Can you only fly back to L/B Airport or are other Airports available (Stanstead)

hello mate, it all depends on where you live, as to where you can fly from and to, its worth a try with a phone call, good luck

grahamzx6r:

dinosteveus1:

hello mate, it all depends on where you live, as to where you can fly from and to, its worth a try with a phone call, good luck

Thanks, I’ll ask on Thursday.
Sounds like you are really enjoying your time over there. :smiley:

grahamzx6r:
hi guys, just had a brilliant sunday in erp before i flew home for my week off, van den bosch held a beach volleyball tournement between different depots, departments, held every year in erp, sand was delivered, spread out in the yard, inflatable volleyball courts, inflatable swimming pool for the kids, free bear and food, excellent sunshine and atmosphere, here are some photos that i took.

Just like working in the UK then eh!?

bigsidney:
Hi all, well im just about to start my 3rd and last week before I go for my week off so I will give U a quick rundown of what I have done!!
Left the yard at Erp on Monday morning, loaded with 25000kg of bulk plastic for Billund in Denmark Lego factory. Ran up on the Monday and tipped first thing Tuesday morning or at least that was what was supposed to happen, I had a hydraulic hose go on me spraying the unloading bay with hydraulic oil causing a major enviromental disaster similar to the one BP have at the moment!!! A local garage attended and made up a replacement hose for me, the fire brigade attended to clean up all the oil…not a good start to the week!!
I ran from Billund down to Weifelsteide to load milk powder which took 5hrs to load…oh joy pmsl, but we have got into the habit of using this as sunbathing time :smiley:. I ran that down to Olen in Belgium and tipped…Guess what? No problems which i was glad of they say it comes in 3s
A short hop down to Merville in France to clean out and then an even shorter hop to Lestrem (Freres Roquette) and wait for it 6hrs to load 24000kg of Dextrose and off back up to Zierikzee in Holland, I love this unload nice and easy and the customer gives u no real problems and the unloading point is straight forward.
From there down to Zeebrugge and into Tack for tank cleaning for those that know Zeebee its over the back of the Total station as you come out the port…WEEKENDED IN ZEEBEE :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:
Monday 7am off up to Oostende and into Huber to load 10000kg yes 10000kgs and it is a full load!! around 3/4 of the way through loading u have to stop batten down all the hatches and build 2bar of pressure in the tank to compress the product so they can get more in, it is a very fine powder used in toothpaste. Tipped in Le Meux France on tuesday morning then off down to Reims to clean out and over to Haussimont to load for Hernani in Spain on the Wednesday morning, arrived Thursday and tipped again with no problems :smiley: then a 130mile run down into Spain and with the temp hitting 35c it was a nice run down to Belarado arriving there at 17:00 expecting to be told Manyana but no straight on the weighbridge and under the loading point and out for 18:20 after a nice refreshing shower!! I made it up to around 40km from Bordeux and had to stop for the night :frowning: from there I made paris or just afterbefore having to park up with 150 miles to do on the saturday morning and in to Tielt Belgium for a nice weekend off. Happy days the Belgian MX championship is in town just across the road and they sell beer!!!

Sounds excellent, apart from the duff hose!

Is it normal to go as far afield as France and Spain then? I got the impression it’d just be around the Belgium/Netherlands/Germany area.

sounds like a cracking job glad i applied for this :smiley:

The more I hear about the job, the more I think that whatever it works out to be, it’ll be quite an adventure, and that’s more than what can be said about my current job.

I’ve got an interview with VDB tomorrow. It’s been a while since I’ve been to an interview so I hope I don’t ■■■■ it up. I wonder if anyone can give me advice on dress, I’m thinking smart casual kind of attire, I hope I’m right. I think being suited and booted will be daft for a trucking job, but scruffy/builders bum on display is obviously no good either, so I’ll go for in between. I’ve left it a bit late I know! Any advice appreciated :slight_smile:

Also, should it be a cold day in hell and I manage to scrape though the interview, can anyone tell me how long it is likely to be before I start training/working for them out in Holland? And how the hell you’re supposed to fit all your tramping gear on a Ryanair flight?! (I know once you’re in you get a locker, but you’ve got to get it out there in the first place)

manowar:
The more I hear about the job, the more I think that whatever it works out to be, it’ll be quite an adventure, and that’s more than what can be said about my current job.

I’ve got an interview with VDB tomorrow. It’s been a while since I’ve been to an interview so I hope I don’t ■■■■ it up. I wonder if anyone can give me advice on dress, I’m thinking smart casual kind of attire, I hope I’m right. I think being suited and booted will be daft for a trucking job, but scruffy/builders bum on display is obviously no good either, so I’ll go for in between. I’ve left it a bit late I know! Any advice appreciated :slight_smile:

Just to remind the man who will interview you and to let you know. I drove from Le Mans I think and tipped in Letchworth, parked up and jumped in my car in Derby and went off down to the old office. My attire was a pair of shorts, T shirt and bare toed sandals. The office reception was ready to go home and I walked up those stairs with the feeling of those who go to meet the dragons :laughing:

I am not suggesting you try this at all, but it was a case of the only day we could all make the meeting together :stuck_out_tongue:

i always go smart casual, clean nice jeans or trousers, shoes and a polo t shirt.

I’m wearing a Jacket and Trousers (No Tie), partly out of respect and partly cos I want a Job.
I’ve photocopied my Driving License and all the other stuff I have that could be useful to VDB, saves them a job and I’ve written down my Bank details, NoK and NINo.
DON’T forget to take your Driving License and Passport.

If you look good, you’ll feel good and if you feel good you’ll come across as ‘good’.

I think you’re allowed 10kg in the Cabin and 15KG in the hold. I’m guessing you can have more than 15KG but ya gotta pay extra.
I’ve a 12v/240v Aldi Fridge thingy and a 24v Kettle and wash kit. With a few Clothes these came to 15KG, a bit optimistic but what the hell :laughing: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Oooops, Soz but I never wished you guys ‘Good Luck’. Good Luck but leave one vacancy for meeeeeeeee :wink:

what time is your interview dino??

garnerlives:
what time is your interview dino??

1115hrs Thursday :wink:
You?

In reply to one of the posts on this subject, You can and will be asked to travel to anywhere in Europe, Italy, Spain are all included and so is Eastern Europe so be prepared and take it when they throw it at you as it can get a bit boring running to the same places all the time.
When U get the message that U are heading somewhere different it adds to the fun and job satisfaction. They have regular customers who get many deliveries in a week and u mite find yourself at the same place 2 or 3 times in a week and then u might not be there again for 2 months it all depends on who is where and available to do the job. Peter Van Den Bosch has a philosophy, Never tell a customer NO… Hmmmm I think this works dont you!!!

Do they have an option of not being sent home if you wished and you could possibly have your own lorry all the time instead of swapping/changing every 3/4 or 5 weeks?