Van den bosch transport

Wheel Nut:

bigsidney:
One thing i will add is that, I have heard that a few of the new starts have only lasted a couple of days as when they do the assesment drive they either caused damage or could’nt reverse very well. I never met these guys as pretty much when u get over you are out on the road for your 3 weeks and it is very rare you return to Erp.

And one of them didn’t even make the assessment and failed in the classroom, it made them laugh though. What was his sin?

It made me laugh too, a wannabe international lorry driver who could not read a map. I brought him home and discovered he could not read road signs either. I thought he was taking the ■■■■ when he asked me what this sign meant.

Ask Joan or Gerhard :laughing:

Joan is gone and Gerhard is back on the driving
So no ■■■■■■■■■ ■■■■ in the class room anymore.

By the way , Big Kev is back on the dustbins (silo)

I’ve just received this email - so it looks like they are still looking for drivers !!

Dear Matthew,

We are starting with interviews for Birmingham on short term (2-3weeks)

I will give you a short explanation how we work and what the benefits are, if you have any interest, please let me know, and we will take you in consideration.

Van den Bosch is a tanker only company with approx 700 tractor units, 1200 trailer, and approx 3000 containers (everything is outright buy and we are privately owned by Peter van den Bosch)

The way we work: We fly drivers from Edinburgh, Leeds and Birmingham to Weeze in Germany, the drivers work there for 3 weeks and than we fly them back.

We pay for the flights and the transport on the other site.

The pay is GBP 8.30 for the first 8 hours, GBP12.45 for the hours thereafter (time and a half), GBP 16.60 for Sunday hours (double time)

Night out money is GBP 19.50 per night

You work 3 weeks on and than one week off.

We tend to put 4 drivers on 3 trucks and keep you for 3 weeks on the same truck, than you come back to the yard, empty your belongings in a locker and you go home.

We fly you back where you came from.

The week you are off, we don’t pay anything, when you make your 24 and 45 we only pay night out money for them days.

We tend to work drivers to their legal max.

Hi, does anyone have a contact number or email address for this company?

Cheers
Pile

Van den Bosch Transporten B.V.

P.O. Box 1
Hoogven 10

5469 ZG Erp
5469 EM Erp

The Netherlands
The Netherlands

T: +31 (0) 413 - 217 217

Private Pile:
Hi, does anyone have a contact number or email address for this company?

Cheers
Pile

GOT A PM

Quick workout using spreadout as being paid and not just what driving you do and as they say they max your hours out, prob way off BUT…

If doing 3 weeks you could have a potential earning or am I WAY OFF:-

Week 1 - Work Mon to Thurs, Fri 24 hours off, Work Sat & Sun = 86 hours Weekly = £966.95 minus tax + 136.5 N/O £ = Roughly £900?

Week 2 - Work Mon to Wed, Thurs/Fri 45 hours off, Work Sat & Sun = 71 hours Weekly = £787.22 minus tax + £136.5 N/O £ = £775?

Week 3 - Same as Week 1?

So over a 3 week period you have a potential of roughly £2575■■ Or am I way off?

In reply to Scottish Cruiser, you are not far off with the earnings, we are on roughly 2k or there abouts for the month = to 3 weeks after tax.
Hope this puts an end to all the speculation and trying to work out. Yes we max our hours but very rare to do a sunday due to euro laws etc so it works out at that from a Monday to Sat week if you are on 6 cards 5 cards 6 cards

stop trying to work out the money guys, at the end of the day if the money doesn’t compensate you being away from home for 3 weeks at a time then you and only you can make the decision that it is not for you, we have all in the past been on alot more money, but times are hard, the jobs that you want are getting more and more scarse, and to be honest, apart from being away from home for 3 weeks this is the best job i have ever had, ( and i have had a few), if you want to do it and give it a try, do it and see, no harm in trying, good luck :smiley:

grahamzx6r:
stop trying to work out the money guys, at the end of the day if the money doesn’t compensate you being away from home for 3 weeks at a time then you and only you can make the decision that it is not for you, we have all in the past been on alot more money, but times are hard, the jobs that you want are getting more and more scarse, and to be honest, apart from being away from home for 3 weeks this is the best job i have ever had, ( and i have had a few), if you want to do it and give it a try, do it and see, no harm in trying, good luck :smiley:

so are you enjoying it then? settled in ok? …old hat now :wink:

scottishcruiser:
Quick workout using spreadout as being paid and not just what driving you do and as they say they max your hours out, prob way off BUT…

Week 1 - Work Mon to Thurs, Fri 24 hours off, Work Sat & Sun = 86 hours Weekly = £966.95 minus tax + 136.5 N/O £ = Roughly £900?

Week 2 - Work Mon to Wed, Thurs/Fri 45 hours off, Work Sat & Sun = 71 hours Weekly = £787.22 minus tax + £136.5 N/O £ = £775?

Week 3 - Same as Week 1?

So over a 3 week period you have a potential of roughly £2575■■ Or am I way off?

So over 3 ‘maxed out’ wks totalling near on 245hrs u can ‘earn’ 2-2.5k? :astonished: No thanks,i’ll stick with my (when i’ve been generous with my time sheet) 130hrs but i do know i have been VERY lucky with this job :smiley:

dustylfc:

grahamzx6r:

so are you enjoying it then? settled in ok? …old hat now :wink:

ello dusty how you fella, yeah i am enjoying it, its totally not what i expected, i have nowhere near the experience of the international drivers on here but we have to learn somewhere, i personally have been treated very very well, you still doing stobart and downton

Hi guys, I’ve been watching this thread with interest, since being offered work with Van Den Bosch.

Complete newbie when it comes to working in Europe, so…

Can any of you give me some top tips on gear to bring with me?

Any help appreciated, see you in Erp!

Tam

Tamsmiff:
Hi guys, I’ve been watching this thread with interest, since being offered work with Van Den Bosch.

Complete newbie when it comes to working in Europe, so…

Can any of you give me some top tips on gear to bring with me?

Any help appreciated, see you in Erp!

Tam

When are you supposed to start at VDB…?

I think we may need a seperate Van den Bosch forum on here soon…

I start on monday (14th) and fly out on sunday.

Actrosman:

scottishcruiser:

Week 3 - Same as Week 1?

and after 3 weeks away there is no pay when at home for 5 days so wage is 2575 per month for 3 weeks away, 2 days travelling, five days at home per month■■? accumalative hol pay will be 3 quarters cos your only working 3 weeks out of four?? weekended 3 consec weeks pays nite out only?? NO THANKS

So over 3 ‘maxed out’ wks totalling near on 245hrs u can ‘earn’ 2-2.5k? :astonished: No thanks,i’ll stick with my (when i’ve been generous with my time sheet) 130hrs but i do know i have been VERY lucky with this job :smiley:

kin hell i earn more than that for 5 days un uk and ive only had my class 1 8 months mon too fri 4 nights out i m averaging 620 per week take home and its a bloody doss ,most of it on break

Who do you work for topmixer? :laughing:

topmixer11:
kin hell i earn more than that for 5 days un uk and ive only had my class 1 8 months mon too fri 4 nights out i m averaging 620 per week take home and its a bloody doss ,most of it on break

must be decent pay on the hour as 4 nights out is about £80 so £540 for 5 days after tax is about £670ish before tax therefore assuming 3 x 15hrs and 2 x 13hrs is 71hrs a week so at least £9.50 per hour, well done on getting a good job so early in your career

VERY nearly spot on there welshboy except the nights out 4 =100 :laughing: :wink: :unamused: