Van den bosch transport

hopefully these are the pictures i took today

grahamzx6r:

hopefully these are the pictures i took today

You missed one :laughing:

thank you

grahamzx6r:
thank you

There was an F86 in the Carrosserie when I was last there, is it finished yet?

If you happen to get weekended around Europoort, see if you can get to De Rijke and look around the oldtimer museum in Oostvoorne. Very Interesting too.

For the guys who are already workin there for VDB - any specs of the trucks for us upcomin newbies…

Reckon they are mainly FH12’s, 420hp…? …any extras in them, for example fridge or sat-nav…? …just wonderin what to bring with me on my tramping gear when comin there for the first time… …been over-seas driver before, but that was in Scandinavia so reckon it was a bit different than in continent…

…any bits of advices from any other continental drivers would be more than appreciated… …kinda know to what environment going to but still, a whole new world ahead of me…

prefix:
For the guys who are already workin there for VDB - any specs of the trucks for us upcomin newbies…

Reckon they are mainly FH12’s, 420hp…? …any extras in them, for example fridge or sat-nav…? …just wonderin what to bring with me on my tramping gear when comin there for the first time… …been over-seas driver before, but that was in Scandinavia so reckon it was a bit different than in continent…

…any bits of advices from any other continental drivers would be more than appreciated… …kinda know to what environment going to but still, a whole new world ahead of me…

You will need some continental 2 pin household plugs as every truck is fitted with 2 pin domestic sockets. I also used a Belkin Inverter for my laptop. Before you plug anything in, ask the driver trainer how to wire these up.

Honestly, it will save you having to catch the next plane home carrying all your tramping gear.

grahamzx6r:
to all the guys that have been offered work, well done, you will like the job its good clean work, i haven’t got my hands dirty once, i am on liquid tho, i hear the powder work is dirty, if ya read my posts, i had never done euro work before, didn’t know what to expect, didn’t know how i was gonna cope with foreign rules and regulations (still don’t), i am now weekended in erp the main depot until tuesday cos it is a bank holiday weekend, this is a lovely place people are very friendly, quite expensive, the first day i was here, there was 4 guys, paperwork on the monday morning signing contract and other stuff, monday afternoon you go out in a lhd volvo fh loaded trailer, the roads you go on are very narrow, so keep ya eyes peeled, one guy unfortunately had to go home on the wednesday he hadn’t had his license long and very little experience, tuesday you are in the classroom working on the onboard computer that you have to use (that is your time sheet, very very important) get it wrong ya don’t get paid, wednesday they show you how to empty an refill a couple of tanks, thursday more classroom, friday you go out with a driver, i have to say this is far better work than i have had in a long time back home, i’m now on my second tour, buying a decent sat nav has helped me no end, especially for someone like me who has never been here before, i also have no photos but i will take some this weekend and try to put them on here, good luck to the guys coming out

well done, best of luck to you

ok maybe a new thread but ,i would like to know is there any other job with our foreign neigbours about just like this that are ok,that we dont know about as we may seem to have to do it more just latley.

This thread died a death eh!! As soon as the money was mentioned no response from our friends out in Holland.Or run ragged and not had time to post on here :slight_smile:

So are you clearing £550-£600.00 a week then fellas :grimacing:

yeah dessy cant wait to find out how much it is take home a month :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

kinda shame that this thread has been so quiet, would really want to know where I’m putting my head into… …but, as in every job, at least you need to give it a try…

I should be flyin out next week, will let you guys know how it’s goin whenever I’ve got time in the future

to be honest, really waitin to get back on the road again, been awhile since last time but hey, shouldn’t it be like ridin a bike - you never lose the skill, just might take a wee bit to adjust…

prefix:
to be honest, really waitin to get back on the road again, been awhile since last time but hey, shouldn’t it be like ridin a bike - you never lose the skill, just might take a wee bit to adjust…

Me too…

I am also flying out next week, 2 years since I’ve driven a lorry, and 3 years since I’ve driven LHD. I have a fair bit of euro experience, but still kind of nervous!!
I’m hoping the guys that have been out there a while are too busy putting the hours in to post on here.

well… …it’s been 5years since I’ve last driven HGV if you don’t count one assesment for Tesco here in UK… …but yet again, all my life been drivin left-hand lorries so shouldn’t be that big of a problem… …but… …mainly been drivin 25m lorries, dunno really what to call 'em in here, kinda draw bars, but not… …last time I drove a artic was actually back in late '04 to Denmark… …oh well, back to memory lane…

dessy:
This thread died a death eh!! As soon as the money was mentioned no response from our friends out in Holland.Or run ragged and not had time to post on here :slight_smile:

So are you clearing £550-£600.00 a week then fellas :grimacing:

maybe you think they should sit at home on their backsides claiming benefits instead rather than trying their best for them and their families :confused: :confused:
maybe the pay isn’t that good but it’s better than searching for jobs or scrabbling around agencies

Well our very own Malc worked for them for years so he’ll be able to tell us all what sort of money you’ll take home. Where art though Malcolm? :sunglasses:

Rob K:
Well our very own Malc worked for them for years so he’ll be able to tell us all what sort of money you’ll take home. Where art though Malcolm? :sunglasses:

I can only confirm it was more than adequate Rob, I was paid every hour. Money was not the reason I am no longer there. :wink:

I have also discovered that if I walked in the head office tomorrow. I wouldn’t know many people, and some familiar faces are missing.

Hi guys, just done my 2nd 3 wk stint, back home for a week
And in answer to why there have been no further postings it is because we are all working and making money, the money is better than what I was earning in the UK but im not gonna go into great detail as this is a personal matter between me and my wife…lol
The job is pretty much good there are bad bits but the good stuff outweighs that. I would say you are treated with respect and the work is very good if not a bit dusty at times, im on bulk powders. But as with any job you get the good days and the bad days. Out of all the guys I have met from the UK I have heard them complain about various parts of the job but if you have a problem they are more than willing to sort it out for you, which is more than can be said for or UK hauliers who fling you the keys and pretty much leave you to get on with it.
All I can say is if you are interested give it a try, it may be for you, but for some people it might not be.
One thing i will add is that, I have heard that a few of the new starts have only lasted a couple of days as when they do the assesment drive they either caused damage or could’nt reverse very well. I never met these guys as pretty much when u get over you are out on the road for your 3 weeks and it is very rare you return to Erp. So if you are taking up the job and coming over, dont be nervous on the assesment if u can drive and reverse you will do fine, it is not hard and they dont want to send u back home but if they have to due to bad mistakes they will.

cheers bigsidney, finally a good words from someone who is actually doin the job at the moment… gotta admit, from the first minute of my interview I had a good feeling in my guts, some of the dutch manners felt so close like they are back in Finland.

obviously, every job has it’s ups and downs, just a matter of what you are willing to accept and not. really felt good when you mentioned that these guys are actually looking after their drivers.

are you based at Erp at the moment…? …just out of curiosity, to where are flying from Scotland…? …as what I understood, there’s someone to pick you up from the airport and taking you there as well when you’re goin home for week off…

Hi Prefix,
in answer to your questions,
Yes there is someone there to take you to and from the airport it is all organised for you before you return to Erp which is usually the Friday evening or Saturday morning in some extreme cases. The flights and check in is all done by your planner and when you get back there should be an envelope for you with your travel documents
And yes im based out of Erp.
Have u started yet or when do you start?
And yes I fly in and out from Edinburgh, you fly home on the saturday flight which is at 15:25 and return on the Sunday at 14:25.
Regards Stevie

bigsidney:
One thing i will add is that, I have heard that a few of the new starts have only lasted a couple of days as when they do the assesment drive they either caused damage or could’nt reverse very well. I never met these guys as pretty much when u get over you are out on the road for your 3 weeks and it is very rare you return to Erp.

And one of them didn’t even make the assessment and failed in the classroom, it made them laugh though. What was his sin?

It made me laugh too, a wannabe international lorry driver who could not read a map. I brought him home and discovered he could not read road signs either. I thought he was taking the ■■■■ when he asked me what this sign meant.

Ask Joan or Gerhard :laughing: