Unusual places for night out?

The most unusual night out that I ever had was when I got stuck crossing the Fish River in South West Africa in 1976. Luckily I had somebody with me at the time who I sent to walk the twenty kilometres to our camp to get help. :slight_smile:

Id say that the most unusual place a lorry driver can spend the night when ā€˜nighting outā€™ is a decent 3 or 4 star hotel with somewhere comfy to sleep, a decent bathroom with hot shower ensuite and not having to ā– ā– ā– ā–  in a bottleā€¦

At least, not many drivers do the aboveā€¦ :grimacing:

Sewage treatment works nr Arbroath delivering a sewage pump at midnight on a Saturday night, had no driving time left
so had no choice, didnā€™t smell that bad to be honest. Also overnighted at RAF Brize Norton and RAF Leuchers

Intake/l39:
Sewage treatment works nr Arbroath delivering a sewage pump at midnight on a Saturday night, had no driving time left
so had no choice, didnā€™t smell that bad to be honest. Also overnighted at RAF Brize Norton and RAF Leuchers

ā€¦ and woke up in some Afgahn province dodging bullets :slight_smile:

Intake/l39:
. Also overnighted at RAF Brize Norton and RAF Leuchers

I also stayed at RAF Leuchars 1981
. 2 of us were made very welcome, had a bloody good night out in Sergeants Mess bar, cheap beer.
We were not unloading (well, picking up trailers already unloaded :smiley:) until following day lunchtime, so took full advantage.
RAF Lossiemouth also, on a Bank Hol weekend, had a day cab and was put up in the base.

simon1958:

Intake/l39:

ā€¦ and woke up in some Afgahn province dodging bullets :slight_smile:

You must have overheard me talking in Morrisons rdc Wakefield drivers room/cell thatā€™s what happened mate :slight_smile:

Coming back from ME with wife & young son on board, picked up cucumbers in Holland for a tip near Spalding. Nice summer evening as we ran alongside the walls of Sandrigham Estate and spotted a well recessed laybay with picnic tables, it looked perfect for cooking & a quiet night.

As we were getting the kit out for dinner the Old Bill turned up & said donā€™t park here its infested with rats, follow us & weā€™ll show you somewhere special for the night, youā€™ll really like it.

Duly followed them through the back gates of Sandringham into a clearing in the woods, it was idyillic and the only time Iā€™ve been in the Queenā€™s back garden.

Not quite as impressive as some of the places mentioned on here but this was my view of an evening during one of my Crossrail stints.

Edit - sorry about the upsidedownness, no idea how to fix that!

whisperingsmith:
Coming back from ME with wife & young son on board, picked up cucumbers in Holland for a tip near Spalding. Nice summer evening as we ran alongside the walls of Sandrigham Estate and spotted a well recessed laybay with picnic tables, it looked perfect for cooking & a quiet night.

As we were getting the kit out for dinner the Old Bill turned up & said donā€™t park here its infested with rats, follow us & weā€™ll show you somewhere special for the night, youā€™ll really like it.

Duly followed them through the back gates of Sandringham into a clearing in the woods, it was idyillic and the only time Iā€™ve been in the Queenā€™s back garden.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
unlike philipā€¦ :open_mouth:

Iā€™m doing well so far all in the truck
The Maze prison
Featherstone prison
The middle of the European ploughing competition in Ireland

Thames Wharf by any chance ā– ā– 

I had an unusual place last night (Thursday) - at home in bed :laughing: as a tramper it felt good. Truck in for service today(Friday) so had the day off with pay as no other truck available (salaried) :laughing: :laughing: (no doubt will end up paying for it eventually :wink: ) but a long weekend for me and the wife is good :laughing:

Pat Hasler:
Some really amazing places over the yearsā€¦
In the UK I have slept in the cab next to Loch Ness. I opened my curtains to see Lands end outside my window.

/quote]

I know the air can be amazingly clear up here but ā€¦ :slight_smile:

raymundo:

Thames Wharf by any chance ā– ā– 

It is, behind ASD. Although Iā€™m sure Iā€™ve seen it called a different wharf too.