Unusual places for night out?

Some really amazing places over the years…
In the UK I have slept in the cab next to Loch Ness. I once opened my curtains to see Lands end outside my window.

In the USA I have opened my curtains in Death Valley, Next to the ■■■■■■■■■■■■.
I have opened the curtains to see the sun rising over Mt Hood in Oregon (see photo).

I have also spent a couple of nights on the ocean side south of Homestead FL, you can’t go any further south on the US mainland.

dieseldog999:

AndrewG:

Franglais:
Majorca. I had a 3 day wait for a ferry off after tipping there. Summer time, and busy, so night out money didn`t last too long.

Palma or Alcudia?
Not bad places for nights out :smiley:

i took loads of coca cola syrup to palma ages ago…what a bind it was having to kill a cpl of days and nights waiting on the ferry back…sun,sea,sand,and “clubs”…i spent more than i earned… :slight_smile:

Thats the only drawback, money being spent. Still… beats waiting to be loaded at Port Sunlight in miserable weather :wink:

i parked up in pleck rd walsall one night and went on the ■■■■…woke up in some tarts bed in wolverhampton.no idea how i got there.

parked up at bells in carlisle for a similar night…woke up in similar tarts house in annan…apparantly 4 of us, 2 tarts and 2 drivers drove there in a day cab marathon.he ended up away with the other bint and i had a long walk to hitch a lift back in the morn…how unusual was that then?

I once parked 400 yards up on what was the old main runway at Woolfox lodge airfield at the side of the A1, eerie to say the least! then again I spent many a night out on old airfields in the UK.

Used to use Hemswell Airfield overnight a fair bit.

Apparently it was used to film Dambusters instead of Scampton, and has a fair bit of history in its own right.

I’ve only done 1 night out in about the last 12 years so anywhere would be unusual for me. [emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slept next to a cemetery in Cork many a time. Seriously creepy, but slept soundly.

Once parked next to a small remote British First World War cemetry in Northern France.
Was asked if I felt nervous due to the eeriness, thing is I did not, I did in fact feel strangely honoured. :bulb:
I know it sounds a bit corny, but that is how I felt.

Delivered hops to Theakstons brewery at Carlisle back in the 80’s, they had a little room, think it was the tasting room or something, free beer all night, as much as I could drink. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I have had a night out on bay (no cones or chalk involved) it was a small light bulb factory in Burnley and I’d arrived just as they were going home so they said open your doors and park on the one and only bay we’ll load you first thing in the morning, when I woke up I put my telly on as during the night the first gulf war had started.

bigvern1:
Slept next to a cemetery in Cork many a time. Seriously creepy, but slept soundly.

Ive stayed in the layby outside the cemetery at Lockerbie on the A709, that was a fair bit creepy, especially at 4am when I started the next morning

kjw21:
And I once parked near Pendle Hill, Lancs years ago in a farmyard where I’d loaded.

That place just felt “wrong”, hairs on back the neck sort of place.

Wasn’t that place to do with the Pendle witch child? Some kid shopped her whole family for witch craft and they were found guilty and executed?

Freight Dog:

kjw21:
And I once parked near Pendle Hill, Lancs years ago in a farmyard where I’d loaded.

That place just felt “wrong”, hairs on back the neck sort of place.

Wasn’t that place to do with the Pendle witch child? Some kid shopped her whole family for witch craft and they were found guilty and executed?

there were loads of pendle witches 11 comes to mind. im from burnley it features heavily in the local folklore. the bus service is even called “Witch way”

i dont recall a story about a child shopping her family but i can find out. my other halfs dad is a semi expert on the subject of the pendle witches.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

In the middle of a fancy Polo club pitch in Berkshire delivering drainage pipe.

The “toilet-block” wasn’t the usual trucker offering!!![emoji41]

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

the nodding donkey:

Harry Monk:
My mate parked in Shania Twain’s front garden at her house in Switzerland for a photoshoot. He didn’t get to go inside her house which disappointed us because we were hoping he would be able to do a ■■■■■ raid on her dirty laundry basket. :stuck_out_tongue:

That don’t impress me much.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

This is one of my favourite haunts.

Rather than attempt to nuzzle in at the back of the daisy chain of Turners, Tossers, and Tankers that tend to fill up the A11 Laybys beyond Fourwentways, I’ll turn off at six mile bottom, and always find three small laybys free, but only large enough to take a single wagon each:

I usually skip the first one, as it’s near to streetlights and houses within Six Mile Bottom village itself. I’ll use it though if I’m just needing to book off a 45.

The second one is nice and quiet, but there is a manor house nearby, so not good if you’re running a fridge at night like me.

This third one is my favourite, deathly quiet at night, no passing traffic in the small hours, so suitable for running a fridge continuous. The sky is so perfect on a clear night that you can easily see the milky way - the sky you can see between towns without ruining your tacho break!. :wink:

Daytime, this one’s a good’un, although it’s usually got a tipper in it. Right next to Newmarket Racecourse.

Quieter, Better, Darker, and Vacant. I don’t even bother looking for somewhere to park on the main A11 road any more. If you hunt, and don’t find - you really don’t want to get lumbered with parking in one of these “bus-stop” sized laybys on the A14 after the A11 northbound merges with it… The so-called “Suicidal” laybys, of which the worst in the region I know of is on the A12 near J15, where plenty a HGV driver has been killed over the years.

I would not bother trying to get in those lay bys again mate, you have just informed thousands of truck drivers on the internet. :bulb:
If any consolation I never use lay bys, so ‘‘I’m Out’’ :smiley:

No, I’ve just informed you folks on here that hang on my every word typed, alert to my next remark of verbosity, acutely aware of the ever-near line of absurdity that must not be crossed.

The people who hog all our laybys I suggest, are not going to be the more refined characters present on this board. :stuck_out_tongue:

I am but a tree falling down in the middle of the deserted woods… Did it make a sound if no one heard it? :bulb:

kjw21:

raymundo:
Them ropes are chains so they would creak a wee bit.

Fair point! Just testing… (damned observant nautical bugger…)

Sure he wasn’t parked outside a knocking shop, I’ve heard a few stories about the dock road activities :open_mouth: