Typos or spelling

are we this bad at spelling or do we just
do typos and fail to correct them

run that past me again

are we this at spelling or do we just
do typos and fail to correct them

Your spelling’s fine but I think you need some coaching on the use of punctuation and capital letters. :smiley:

Broadly speaking, drivers are thick [zb]s.

You edited it and still got it wrong.

I try and use correct punctuation and spelling but post mainly from my phone. Combined with my fat fingers and my phones insistence on changing words that are actually correct, some posts sound odd unless I’ve proof read them before posting.

which bit was wrong

This was a topic on the radio the other night.
I found it very interesting and it was also quite entertaining with the 2 gents that were guests on the show.

I think the biggest problem is the amount of time spent on the subject and more often than not the teachers don’t know how to correct grammar or punctuation themselves across any subject.

nick2008:
I found it very interesting and it was also quite entertaining with the 2 gents that were guests on the show.

I think the biggest problem is the amount of time spent on the subject and more often than not the teachers don’t know how to correct grammar or punctuation themselves across any subject.

When my kids were young, I once got a letter from the school that was so badly spelled and punctuated that I was sorely tempted to send it back, corrected in red ink, with a ‘could do better’ comment. My daughter dissuaded me on the grounds that they might have taken it out on her.

My wife is currently in Worcester Royal Hospital. The ‘patient booklet’ that they gave her is a disgrace - even apart from being years out of date with a strict injunction prohibiting the use of mobile phones.

Santa:
When my kids were young, I once got a letter from the school that was so badly spelled and punctuated that I was sorely tempted to send it back, corrected in red ink, with a ‘could do better’ comment. My daughter dissuaded me on the grounds that they might have taken it out on her.

Unfortunately my mother did :blush: and tore into the rest of the teachers on parents evening :unamused:

No I am just dyslexic so my England is not good although normally do check before posting :laughing: :laughing:

There’s FIVE kinds of “right”:

Being thick enough not to know when what you’ve done wrongly is wrong.
Being “right” but not knowing it,
Being Evil, so that deliberately being wrong is ‘right’
Being ‘right’ from the outset, and having the brains rather than confidence - to recognise you don’t need to change anything.
Turning the opposite direction of “Left”.

Not to be confused with “Wright” that is the “fixing of something that’s broken”. :smiley:

Winseer:
There’s FIVE kinds of “right”:

Being thick enough not to know when what you’ve done wrongly is wrong.
Being “right” but not knowing it,
Being Evil, so that deliberately being wrong is ‘right’
Being ‘right’ from the outset, and having the brains rather than confidence - to recognise you don’t need to change anything.
Turning the opposite direction of “Left”.

Not to be confused with “Wright” that is the “fixing of something that’s broken”. :smiley:

or

Rough
Tough
Dough :wink:

Winseer:

Could we say that a lorry driver is a wheelwright?

Does it really matter as long as we no what’s meant its a truck drivers forum not mensor

Santa:

nick2008:

When my kids were young, I once got a letter from the school that was so badly spelled and punctuated that I was sorely tempted to send it back,

You mean spelt?
Be careful when in glass houses :slight_smile:

I still have my notes from my trainer on the show me - tell me questions.
“All reflectors must be fictional and clean”. When I went back for artic training they had unfortunately corrected it.

Slightly off topic - I love accidental double meanings e.g.

bjd:
Does it really matter as long as we no what’s meant its a truck drivers forum not mensor

Mensa*

Sorry, couldn’t resist :grimacing:

trampyjoe:

bjd:

Mensa*

That was deliberate but proves my point you new what i meant didn’t you

bjd:

trampyjoe:

bjd:

Mensa*

That just proves the my point you new what i meant didn’t you