Truckstop Nostalgia

The truck inn at widnes…good food great strippers and the beer was good. :slight_smile:

rigsby:
tubby’s at braunston , potholes you could have floated a barge in

this is so i knew where i parked… the cone is on top of my trailer.

Photo-0044.jpg

animal:

Fatboy slimslow:

Retro rob:
Lesmahagow
The Quernhow
The Comfort Cafe A11 Fourwentways
The Horse and Groom on the A505

Bp immingham, one at godmanchester where aim hire used to be and redbeck cafe used to be my favourites! Shep shed early 90s and truck world Thurrock if shipping out / in for the craic and the obligatory ten pints! :grimacing: :grimacing:

Quernhow is still there

How do u get to it now?

Bobs Cafe A45 Sretton on Fosse (Dunchurch)
i was at 5 ways the other day i went to
the pub The Case is Altered (lager drinkers not welcome :smiley: )

Georges Silvertown

Retro rob:

animal:

Fatboy slimslow:

Retro rob:
Lesmahagow
The Quernhow
The Comfort Cafe A11 Fourwentways
The Horse and Groom on the A505

Bp immingham, one at godmanchester where aim hire used to be and redbeck cafe used to be my favourites! Shep shed early 90s and truck world Thurrock if shipping out / in for the craic and the obligatory ten pints! :grimacing: :grimacing:

Quernhow is still there

How do u get to it now?

As said Quernhow is still open … come off ( new ) A1M @ Jnc 50 ( just up from the old Rainton Little Thief ) … don’t take A61 to Ripon … take the next exit off the R/about … this is the L.A.R ( Local Access Road ) … can’t remember what No it is - signed Masham / Bedale … cafe about 2 miles on left.
Same Jnc if coming South.

To get back on the A1M … you either come back to Jnc 49 OR follow L.A.R all the way up to Leeming and follow signs A1 Scotch Corner. L.A.R is only single carriageway think there’s 2 R/abouts … but dead straight road.

Don’t think Querhow is any better than it was :unamused:
Londonderry Truck stop have just been given “Green light” for NEW Truckstop as have ( I think ) Leeming :question:

Been in jack hill a few times do pretty nice food there

Greasy Normans A1Ferrybridge , real gourmet food in salubrious surroundings!

Greasy Joes at Cirecester.

A303 The Frying Pan.
Drivers had priority over holiday makers during the summer.

These two at Preees Heath Shropshire have been around for years.

Alan Spillett painting of the Windrush on the A40.

The Lazy Trout transport cafe on the A49 near Church Stretton,Shropshire has been running since 1937.

dave remember that parrot in there regards rowly

rward:
dave remember that parrot in there regards rowly

I remember the Mynah bird that used to curse and swear Rowly. :laughing:
Cheers Dave.

dave is it still good food 20 years sinc i been in there regards rowly

the happy hour at basset’s pole. now a macdonald’s.

robroy:
Sunset Penkridge between 11&12 M6, supermarket now :unamused:

The Sunset was between 12&13 off the M6, I live across the road from where it was, parked my lorry on there for years, up until it closed when Kwik Save offered them 4 million for the site, it was still turning a good profit but the offer was too good to turn down.

i thought the doctor owned the various Sausages
re BP Crick that was one
also wasnt Stobbies yard also called Georges?

Can anybody remember a cafe on the Swindon - Wootton Bassett road?
It would have been roughly where J16 of the M4 is now,can remember going in there with the old man . . think it was called Days cafe?

Silver Links Kincardine bridge. Can’t remember the name of the cafe that used to be in Aberuthven, or the one that used to be in the middle of Perth in the 70s.