Truckstop Nostalgia

A1 Colsterworth cafe used to be a regular stop. Now a motorway service stattion.
Remember 5 ways cafe warwickshire, before the M40 !!1
BP Carlisle, Alconbury etc etc
share some memories , they were great times, before " the rush "

Snarley:
A1 Colsterworth cafe used to be a regular stop. Now a motorway service stattion.

Colsterworth cafe is still there, just behind the services. Still a cracking place to stop, shower and eat. It’s just unfortunate I don’t get down that way often enough to use it much.

this one is still going jacks hill A5 Towcester

the old caravan cafe, 24 hour, at hatfield peverel on the a12.
long gone, but was a regular friday night stop when i was a kid going out in the school holidays.
as was the burger wagon, between the miami and army and navy roundabouts in chelmsford.

The Highwayman on the A417 near Stroud.
Chris’ Cafe at Studley Green, A40 near Stokenchurch.
Hs’ Cafe on the A4074 at Berinsfield, Oxon.

Sunset Penkridge between 11&12 M6, supermarket now :unamused:

and a whole load up the 74

the moss at carlisle, fordoun cafe on the a90 both sadly missed

the old airport cafe on the A38 Derby. memories as a kid :laughing:

robroy:
Sunset Penkridge between 11&12 M6, supermarket now :unamused:

Can you remember the original wood cafe which burnt down?

There used to be a talent contest on Friday nights in the new one for budding singers and groups.

I was in one Friday night and a young lad, probably about 12 Y/O was trying his best to do an Elvis impression, three Scotsmen were playing cards near the front and told him “to shut the f up for Gods sake” it was a good introduction to show business for the youngster.

The Boot & Shoe

animal:
The Boot & Shoe

My old mate used to stop there regular before I started driving, I think it was around the selby area give or take. Always got the impression there was a good rerason he stopped there wink wink

Is The Hogsback still going? I heard that they were going to rename it The ■■■■■■■■ because of the layby…

oldsid:

animal:
The Boot & Shoe

My old mate used to stop there regular before I started driving, I think it was around the selby area give or take. Always got the impression there was a good rerason he stopped there wink wink

Was on the A1 just north of the Selby junction

Lesmahagow
The Quernhow
The Comfort Cafe A11 Fourwentways
The Horse and Groom on the A505

Trukkertone:
and a whole load up the 74

Coate Gate opposite the quarry, with the revolving door, Elvanfoot, Crawford (now a private house) Kirkpatrick Fleming, Kirtle Cafe Kirtlebridge, The Star on the (old) 74 Lesmahagow, pre Les truckstop days, to name a few.

Regarding Jacks on the A5, wasnt it CO-owned along with Bobs AT Stretton-On-Dunsmore, the one who name I cant think of at the top of the hill at Weedon on the A45? I seem to remember that a doctor owned all three at one time.

What was the place at Crick where the BP truckstop used to be? bloody minds going and cant think, stayed there a lot in the eighties■■?

Retro rob:
Lesmahagow
The Quernhow

Bp immingham, one at godmanchester where aim hire used to be and redbeck cafe used to be my favourites! Shep shed early 90s and truck world Thurrock if shipping out / in for the craic and the obligatory ten pints! :grimacing: :grimacing:

Fatboy slimslow:

Retro rob:
Lesmahagow
The Quernhow

Bp immingham, one at godmanchester where aim hire used to be and redbeck cafe used to be my favourites! Shep shed early 90s and truck world Thurrock if shipping out / in for the craic and the obligatory ten pints! :grimacing: :grimacing:

Quernhow is still there

tubby’s at braunston , potholes you could have floated a barge in