truckers on tv

i heard on the radio the other day that there is going to be a documentry following the lives of a few truck drivers from owens transpots in lanelli.

its going to be screened on one of the itv channels in a couple of weeks time at 2300 (i think they said a thursdaynight).

jon

on owens website

http://www.owens-logistics.com/news_details.asp?id=44&sectionid=News

jon

jonboy:
i heard on the radio the other day that there is going to be a documentry following the lives of a few truck drivers from owens transpots in lanelli.

its going to be screened on one of the itv channels in a couple of weeks time at 2300 (i think they said a thursdaynight).

jon

That would be Llanelli jonboy (sorry but it is my job to correct you)

Owens on TV eh… :unamused:
I wish they’d picked John Pearce instead it would’ve been fun hearing my mate Mad Mike Hicks ■■■■■■ and jeffing every 5 seconds :laughing:

no sign yet in the listings

It’s only showing on the Welsh regions :frowning:

grumpybum:
It’s only showing on the Welsh regions :frowning:

:sunglasses:

its been done before. i think they named it ‘killer drivers’ or something like that last time. sorry but i dont trust the media. my money goes on it being another documentary about how we are all killers and murderers :confused:

If you have got sky you can watch it :wink:

ukfree.tv/how2allitv.php

Truckers has been pencilled in for a Thursday slot of 11 pm with the first episode on May 17th.

Does anybody know which TV channel this is on ?

I don’t know but I bet the Drivers that got picked to have a camera crew are going to be ■■■■■■ off , they won;t be able to run at 70 mph everywhere :laughing:

Its on Sky Ch103 ITV1 WALES 11pm Thursday
Don`t know if its on all ITV regions or just the welsh

It should make some good viewing if they show the A49 on nights,
As some of the steel motors on that road on nights would make your hair curl :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

For a while now the Owens boys have been sticking right on the 40mph on that road, this could be why,
you never know there may be some of our motors giving them the fly-by on nights :laughing:

looking forward ot seeing this 2nite, thanks for the link :smiley:

Well watched it… seems it will be a good run… however this mick guy is shocking!!! :open_mouth: warrant he is away from home all week but he needs to look at his diet as it can not be healthy …the way he operates… using no gloves in winter … that gives truckers a bad name as being of a lazy overweight status which is not true at all! but as a punter watching tv it would seem so

■■■■, I forgot about it, after adding in ITV Wales to the Sky box as well. :imp: :smiling_imp:

scanny77:
its been done before. i think they named it ‘killer drivers’ or something like that last time. sorry but i dont trust the media. my money goes on it being another documentary about how we are all killers and murderers :confused:

Wrong again scanny77 it wasnt that negative and no killer trucker message either, in fact it was a brilliant advert for Volvo,s suspension (I thought mick was gonna pull the [zb]ing thing over on its side when he was climbing into his cab just after he lost the fight with the curtain buckle :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
But apart from that moment of humour i just thought it was a complete waste of 1/2 an hr’s broadcasting, and dont even get me started on that dopey cow in the office :unamused:

Hmm wonder who the golden boy at Owens is now lets see,
light bars top - check
light bars bottom - check
chromed wheel trims - check
Oh and starring role on tv prog - check

I notice they didnt mention his mpg :open_mouth:

I know im a cynic but what the [zb] do i care i’ll never work for them

I didn’t know that Owens did heavy haulage, :laughing: :laughing: obviously it’s a one man operation.

They could save mpg by not reurning for half your load and cutting the "unladen weight ", the programme was vaguely interesting all the same.

Definately couldn’t work with her in the office though…

Bugger, forgot about it. Anyone know if it’s repeated anywhere (on sky)?

Tony1968:
Bugger, forgot about it. Anyone know if it’s repeated anywhere (on sky)?

it’s a series of 1/2 hr episodes mate.
that mick can hardly fit behind the steering wheel, and he was driving what looked like their only decent truck(well if you took the top spots off anyway).

what i found interesting was the stuff about costs and how much they would save if every driver gave them an extra 1/2 an mpg. their fuel costs are amazing

yeah you would deffo have to duck tape that office flunkies mouth up

Reef:
Hmm wonder who the golden boy at Owens is now lets see,
light bars top - check
light bars bottom - check
chromed wheel trims - check
Oh and starring role on tv prog - check

I notice they didnt mention his mpg :open_mouth:

I know im a cynic but what the [zb] do i care i’ll never work for them

I think the Owens boys have to buy their own accessories Reef, and the garage charge them labour to fit them :open_mouth:

what happened to jo " owens girl " she used to be on here.