Truck Diaries please ladies and gent?

Hello guys ‘n’ gals.

i really enjoy reading diaries ppl have posted (call me sad) and if anyone has the time to post any i’m sure they would be a great read…well for me at least.

many thanks for taking the time to read this and bet you thought it would be something interesting (thread started by RT should have been a clue) but hopefully with the help of you ppl it might end up as a good read.

Here goes then.

Saturday. Got dragged from my bed at 9-30 am. Agency wondered if I could do them a favour, someone’s car had broken down and they needed someone to cover a 10 am start. Told them the earliest I could start was 11am. I’ll get back to you was the reply. Phone rang a couple of minutes later and the client had said OK they could cope with that. So dragged my sorry ■■■■ off to work for 11 am, booked in got a coffee and sat in the rest room chewing the fat. Got several more coffees and then got sent home at 3-30 pm Not bad, 4 and a half hours sat around doing nothing for 8 hours pay

Is that good for a first page ■■? :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Set off for work at 03:00, after being up since 00:30 because i couldn’t sleep, and collected the trailer from Slough. A steady run up the M40 and M6, with a 45 minute break at Stafford for coffee, saw me arriving at the first drop in Warrington. 17 pallets off in 15-minutes then a 500 metre drive to the second drop. I had to wait for about 40-minutes while they unloaded another trailer and while I was waiting Lucy called round on her way to her delivery. Despite having worked together on these boards for a while now this was the first time we had met. She had no sooner arrived than they finished with the other truck so Lucy made coffee while I tipped 6 pallets, after which we chatted for a while before she headed off to her delivery elsewhere in Warrington and I drove 600 metres to my last drop. Nine pallets for here and it took them two hours to tip and check them, I used the delay to catch a few zzzzz’s.

I like this, three deliveries to three different companies and just over a kilometre between them. Phoned in to see if there was anything to collect on the way back down the road, there wasn’t, so straight back to the yard, drop the trailer and home for 18:00.

Off to do a delivery at Dunsfold, where the Top Gear test track is tomorrow. I wonder if The Stig would like to give the Volvo a blast round the track. :wink: :smiley: After Dunsfold I am going up to Coventry to load before heading back to Slough.

Less of a diary and more of a glimpse into my day to be honest.

In to work 0630hrs, local delivery - 1415hrs went home.

Total mileage - 76kms.

Wow! Yet another exciting day in Cornwall.

Back to decorating tomorrow? Who knows? :smiley:

John

RookieTrucker:
Hello guys ‘n’ gals.

i really enjoy reading diaries ppl have posted (call me sad) .

Nothing sad about that, I like to read them too.

Coffeeholic:
Set off for work at 03:00, after being up since 00:30 because i couldn’t sleep,

Sundays scoreline still keeping you up ?
Like the new avatar :smiley:

My days diary would be a cure for insomnia :astonished:

stinky:
Like the new avatar :smiley:

yeah, white background with a diagonal red cross. It’s good, what is it actually?

My avatar is knackered, I cant get it to load properly.

I was meaning coffeeholics one.

Willy Gofar:
Here goes then.

Saturday. Got dragged from my bed at 9-30 am. Agency wondered if I could do them a favour, someone’s car had broken down and they needed someone to cover a 10 am start. Told them the earliest I could start was 11am. I’ll get back to you was the reply. Phone rang a couple of minutes later and the client had said OK they could cope with that. So dragged my sorry ■■■■ off to work for 11 am, booked in got a coffee and sat in the rest room chewing the fat. Got several more coffees and then got sent home at 3-30 pm Not bad, 4 and a half hours sat around doing nothing for 8 hours pay

Is that good for a first page ■■? :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

i bet if you knew you’d be getting paid to drink coffee all day you would have made it for 10am PMSL.

thanks for the posts so far…just about to read through them and cant wait…i find them addictive hehe

I’m sure the stig would have great pleasure in thrashing your volvo round the test track Coffeeholic hehe, would love to see that on a top gear show.

Cornish Trucker whats it like trucking in cornwall? do you do rigid or artic?

Hello there RT.

I like reading them too - it’s always good to hear and see what other people get up to in their jobs.

I did a diary a while back, it may not be the most interesting job - but it is a pleasant job and it pays 10 grand a year more than any other job I’ve done. :smiley:

I might do another one at some point. Earls Court and London Soho on a Friday night are usually pretty spicy. :laughing:

Don’t know if you’ve seen mine, but if not, you can get it at http://www.trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=16581&highlight=shopping+trolley

Welcome to TN.

someone did a hillarious one on here a few weeks back, i think it was a somerfields driver, i can’t seem to find now anyone remember it?

To jog your memory…stobart truck reversing into a parked trailer in the depot

richiessex:
someone did a hillarious one on here a few weeks back, i think it was a somerfields driver, i can’t seem to find now anyone remember it?

It was by Mike-C, and he drives for a different food retailer BTW. Funniest Diary ever posted on TruckNet and you can find it here.

My diary of today to follow, with picture, but I warn you it’s not very long.

Langley - Dunsfold - Coventry - Langley. Easy day with plenty of time to indulge in my favourite pastime, as evidenced by the picture below.

:stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :wink: :smiley:

Well done neil thought you might remember it :smiley:

And as far as your latest diary … you gotta get out more matey :wink:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: very good :wink:

richiessex:
And as far as your latest diary … you gotta get out more matey :wink:

I did get out a lot, they came from three different MSA’s. :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :wink: :smiley: And don’t forget the exercise element involved, it’s a long walk from the truck park to the coffee shop/machine, that can only be good for me. :smiley: :smiley: :sunglasses:

Hehe nice one mate :smiley:

started from reading services this morning at 7am . around the corner to costco by readings football ground left there at 7.30 for a leisurley trip to aylesbury (dont skate board drivers hate it when there trying to get to work and your keeping it under 40 :sunglasses: ).

got to aylesbury about 9am and proceeded to cut up a unmarked police car on a island (his fault he was flying , thats my excuse and im sticking to it :wink: )after he flashed his lights at me from the grill of his black omega he proceeded to tell me im a naughty boy and not do it again . i think i also disapointed him when he could find nothing wrong with my tachograph (thank god i dont fly about everywhere on the limiter).

i refrained from asking him if he was one of thames valleys finest thats been on roadwars on sky 1.also why do they get out of there car and put there sunglasses on :sunglasses: .

tipped at dayla in aylesbury had a break at warwick and drove back to the yard finishing at 13.45

tomorrow i’ve got a 8.30 booking at tescos brackmills and a 10.40 at morrisons at swan valley.

jon

here goes?

drag meself to yard for 0730 ish(told between 7-8am) hook up trailer for eastliegh tip jewsons with 24 ton of timber loaded wed last week,nowt like tying up trailer for half a week,reload mt in meyers for wales,at 10am load still not all picked,so wait till 2pm then pull trailer back to yard(marchwood),round to tarmac load a trailer for night guys,back to yard then finish at 15.30

start 6am for wales,first drop is in yate,bristol, get there just as wogan going on about clematis etc,wait half hour,then tip 3 packs of ply and on to next welsh drop in locklease,bristol only to find fencing lorry in there.

walk round to see how long the wait will be and see they best show of how NOT to get fence panels off when they end up on the end,complete with pallet, manage to spin wagon round in entrance and get tipped while fencing still being hand balled.

on to 3rd drop at stonehouse glos,manage to block entire ind est while getting tipped,no room and to many abandaned cars on entrance :imp:

next drop abergavvenny,so think will go via M5 /M50 or thro glos and A40,time not on my side drop closes for lunch 13.00 to 13.45 so take steady ride round M50 and still have to kill 20 mins so kip in last layby before A465/A40 junc.

twenty mins later on to next drop at CHEPSTOW,all well it saves on the toll,but is a pain as to drive in and back out into train station car park,
then get call from office can i do the last drop next and finish in newport, check load to see if poss to do.looks ok so off i go to? LLANDELIO so off we go get there at 6pm park up for the night.

one in front so not to early start this morning,7am off we go first one out by ten past,me in next gone by 7.30 off to ammenford for smallest part of load,again gone in no time, third drop in llanelli,tip, time for breakfast the best van on route,£2.00 bacon /egg bap tea 60p so off to forth drop now feeling better being fed and watered,just off M4 junc 36 yet again more fencing,only this time its the concrete sort so only waited 30 mins,off we trundles to rumney cardiff,only to hear of the death of gene pitney on route,get to drop told to turn wagon round and tip on the road,20 mins later back heading for the M4,to Newport for the last drop,having drove past it last night,finely get trailer empty at 12.30pm and call in for expected back load out of djv/jewson,20 mins and one coffee later only to be told OTHER driver is in there so head back to soton,and possibly load out of tarmac for B&Q nursling again for the night driver,
begs the question why turn the run around only to send other driver in anyway?

never mind pays not to ask, 11 drops in 1 and half days not to bad,of to smoke tom(thu) for am tip, reload some where were artic is tight,so cant wait.