Tractors and farm machinery

Is it just me but arn`t thoughs muddy wheels getting bigger and faster. the machinery is much wider than any normal LGV and no road fund tax.How about the gross weight they can operate at cos some of the grain trailers they now pull look fairly big to me, all on a car licence with only 2 minutes of training, hard on the throttle and avoid using the brakes or is it just me?

same in finland hate them :exclamation: :exclamation: in some works they eat out propear lorryer,s :imp: :imp:

JC55:
Is it just me but arn`t thoughs muddy wheels getting bigger and faster. the machinery is much wider than any normal LGV and no road fund tax.How about the gross weight they can operate at cos some of the grain trailers they now pull look fairly big to me, all on a car licence with only 2 minutes of training, hard on the throttle and avoid using the brakes or is it just me?

You won’t get any joy on here with a thread like that, there’s a prat on here who thinks overloaded muck slinging tractors, with don’t give a f^^k drivers are the best thing since sliced bread. :unamused:

not afread of farmer,s myself got a beast

Yeah i should have known better but it was worth a try , :smiley: :unamused: :laughing:

an a oter small one,but own :laughing: :laughing:

Regulations don’t seem to apply :unamused:

There is one comes past our house quite often and it pulls a 40 foot flat tri-axle with a dolly under the front loaded with straw bales and I am trying to catch the bugger on camera :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
cheers Johnnie :wink:

sammyopisite:
There is one comes past our house quite often and it pulls a 40 foot flat tri-axle with a dolly under the front loaded with straw bales and I am trying to catch the bugger on camera :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
cheers Johnnie :wink:

Hi johnnie,
Fairly recently I was on the m4 near port talbot,I almost fell out of the cab when I saw a fast track jcb pulling a dolly hitched up to a triaxle flat.how long must that be?what about red diesel and tacho’s and everything else :open_mouth:
Regards Andrew.

Compare these two :exclamation:

Hi Andrew I think this is a fast track it as the big wheels all round and they are a fair length and I will try to get a photo of it.
cheers Johnnie

that sounds like one of the duke of devonshire’s fleet . they run as far as lincolnshire fetching hay and straw , bloody pain in the bum , hold you back all the way through chesterfield and then pull away and leave you up chander hill .

this bug is atleast beaten,unfourtunatly it,s kid is 6 feet weider

So it would seem i`m not alone. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :unamused:

not at all tink it,s world wide, reading swedish mags, the same even there

Hopefully the links are not breaking forum rules, but the following is most informative. Basically it is saying that what is happening is illegal. The equipment etc. should be on a lorry. Seen a farm trailer that carries a roughly 12 ton 360 excvator that has the broken brake linkage held together with a cable tie! So if you heavy haulage guys see something that you reckon weighs more than 24t report it with a photo if possible.

As for the fuel in the tank…well a receipt in the pocket for what went in the Landrover and Bob’s your Uncle.

farmersguardian.com/home/mac … 72.article

farmersguardian.com/home/mac … 33.article

Great to see this thread.

What’s not to like about tractors?

I think however you will find that they are subject to the same rules as trucks. I’m not sure about the driving licence but they do have to have tachos over a certain weight plus air brakes etc. Don’ know the situation regarding MOT’s either.

Jazzandy:
Great to see this thread.

What’s not to like about tractors?

I think however you will find that they are subject to the same rules as trucks. I’m not sure about the driving licence but they do have to have tachos over a certain weight plus air brakes etc. Don’ know the situation regarding MOT’s either.

No Mot’s,no LGV licence to drive them.No operators licence or operating centre.No maintenance records etc.
I think there will be less tractors doing road work as the price of red diesel is now about 70p or more a litre and the big tractors only do about 4mpg.Also the tyre wear must be heavy.

When i put this up i wasnt looking to get too serious ,but it appears that 14 /15 tonnes is all they can legally carry.Looking at the size of the normal equipment we see day in day out theyre having a laugh.But never fear cos the government say wre in it to gether though im not exactly sure what. :smiley:

Until one of these runs away down hill and demolishes a village infants school then nothing will get done about it; too much lobbying of and vested interest within Parliament.