Tractors and farm machinery

we have a cowfarmer who ovieslly use our roads for farming,usually half of the ■■■■■■■■ is on the road ,and to thre times a year he drops grassbales on road,some day he kills sombody. can,t understand ,can he think ,oviesliy he seem,s to no cear of oter peapols helt and safety .

Ive got no probs with big tractors and large trailors on our roads as long as its legal and only used for agricultural purpose. The problem now is small construction firms and civil enginering firms use big tractors and fast tracks to move plant about on low loader trailors. Something worse than tractors has to be the travellers with there horse and carts on the A66 going to Appleby Fair, if a truck or tractor was travelling at that speed at least they would have a flashing beacon.

cheers fisher

Let’s go back to basics. :stuck_out_tongue:

I am having a sad life, these Ford 5000 were brand new when I was a kid and they were the thing that farmers dreamed about before they discovered sheeps

Christmas 2011 089.JPG

Dave the Renegade:

Jazzandy:
Great to see this thread.

What’s not to like about tractors?

I think however you will find that they are subject to the same rules as trucks. I’m not sure about the driving licence but they do have to have tachos over a certain weight plus air brakes etc. Don’ know the situation regarding MOT’s either.

No Mot’s,no LGV licence to drive them.No operators licence or operating centre.No maintenance records etc.

Recently I’ve been considering using a tractor for local lightweight deliveries…all the above points are positives and most of all the police or the RSA(VOSA) have no interest in you when there’s a truck close by that they can bully. My drivers are very much in favour of it…imagine no tachograph…no pre trip MOT…cheap diesel…cheap tax…excellent residual value when compared to a truck…and modern tractors are very comfortable to drive

Riverstick:

Dave the Renegade:

Jazzandy:
Great to see this thread.

What’s not to like about tractors?

I think however you will find that they are subject to the same rules as trucks. I’m not sure about the driving licence but they do have to have tachos over a certain weight plus air brakes etc. Don’ know the situation regarding MOT’s either.

No Mot’s,no LGV licence to drive them.No operators licence or operating centre.No maintenance records etc.

Recently I’ve been considering using a tractor for local lightweight deliveries…all the above points are positives and most of all the police or the RSA(VOSA) have no interest in you when there’s a truck close by that they can bully. My drivers are very much in favour of it…imagine no tachograph…no pre trip MOT…cheap diesel…cheap tax…excellent residual value when compared to a truck…and modern tractors are very comfortable to drive

Tony, do you think your drivers would be happy driving this wonderful old lady on local deliveries ? It belongs to Roy Wakefield of Hetton Co Durham.
I think it’s official title is a ploughing tractor, Roy is an absolute genius with anything steam driven and is very well known in this field.
Regards Kev.

Load of proper tractors out of Banner lane factory!!!

If you read last weesk farmers weekly i think times are just about to change including introducing propers brakes and Mini MOT’S for tractors and trailers.

hevy load