Thorburn

jj72:
well done, you really should take a chill pill as nowhere did i wish you any malice - my first post was aimed squarely at the people who were toadying around you, not you - and the second was pointing out how using safe parking reasons to run over hours was old hat and unlikely to fool the TC, but it did so good on you :sunglasses:

jj72 i never ■■■■■ foot around you really are a vindictive little ■■■■ . i cannot wait for something to happen to you as i will be the one playing devils advocate . the fact that thorburns have reacted to this post shows that they care about people not many people will condone a driver for running over there hours but stand by them when it matters . and it will be good to see there trucks on the road again as ambassadors for british trucking

matt f:
jj72 i never ■■■■■ foot around you really are a vindictive little [zb] . i cannot wait for something to happen to you as i will be the one playing devils advocate . the fact that thorburns have reacted to this post shows that they care about people not many people will condone a driver for running over there hours but stand by them when it matters . and it will be good to see there trucks on the road again as ambassadors for british trucking

you cannot condone somebody FOR something, you could condone the action or condemn them for something - come back when you are able to speak and write english as you’re boring me tractor boy :laughing:

jj72:

matt f:
jj72 i never ■■■■■ foot around you really are a vindictive little [zb] . i cannot wait for something to happen to you as i will be the one playing devils advocate . the fact that thorburns have reacted to this post shows that they care about people not many people will condone a driver for running over there hours but stand by them when it matters . and it will be good to see there trucks on the road again as ambassadors for british trucking

you cannot condone somebody FOR something, you could condone the action or condemn them for something - come back when you are able to speak and write english as you’re boring me tractor boy :laughing:

realise this is going against the trend regarding this post,but support you 100% jj72,i am gobsmacked at the amount of gaffers men there is slithering under stones.“will they ever learn”

CONGRATULATIONS so glad to hear the news,

all the best for the future,

matt f:

Just remind me how long YOU have been driving? Almost without exeption every operator who had lost a licence (for drivers hours offences )has dropped the drivers in it from a great height. I don’t ■■■■■ foot around neither. Stick to knocking on doors until you know what you’re talking about.

Mike-C:

matt f:

Just remind me how long YOU have been driving? Almost without exeption every operator who had lost a licence (for drivers hours offences )has dropped the drivers in it from a great height. I don’t ■■■■■ foot around neither. Stick to knocking on doors until you know what you’re talking about.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

this is getting good.

jessicas dad:
:lol: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

this is getting good.

Lets hope he’s not a big baliff eh?!! :wink:

Good evening gentlemen,

First may I say to jj72, we never used safe parking as a “excuse” it is a fact that my family and our drivers have paid for dearly.

Can I also offer a word of advice? Should anyone else find themselves in the same situation, remember you are guilty until you prove your innocence not vice versa like our legal system, and a good solicitor is also a benefit!!!

And finally, we are open to any criticism (that you can learn from) but please be aware of your facts before you point the finger and criticize.

(and can you two stop having a go at Matt please)

Good night gentlemen.

K Thorburn:
Good evening gentlemen,

Hi!

First may I say to jj72, we never used safe parking as a “excuse” it is a fact that my family and our drivers have paid for dearly.

It might of been your daughter starting off that line of conversation. I don’t think anyone here suggested you did?

And finally, we are open to any criticism (that you can learn from) but please be aware of your facts before you point the finger and criticize.

Ok, here goes. Get gay drivers, they won’t be disturbed by flashers and also they won’t open their mouths to other people in cafe’s, we’ll they might but they won’t chat about stuff they shouldn’t.! i.e. lose lips sink ships !!

Good night gentlemen.

Good night to you. If you need a good experienced driver in the Liverpool area don’t hesitate to give me a call . I’ve got a good CV:
Greylaw Freight
DriverProvider/Fahy Freight
Liverpool Container Services
PDL
etc. !!!

Congratulations on getting the licence back.

I too think the trucks are eyecatching.

K Thorburn:
Should anyone else find themselves in the same situation, remember you are guilty until you prove your innocence not vice versa like our legal system, and a good solicitor is also a benefit!!!

Sad but very true. They even start to hang you in the press before it gets to court. The worst is that there are fools out there who automatically assume the allegations are true and then post on forums with sarcastic little digs without the experience to know what they are talking about.

K Thorburn:

Amen to that.

If I have to come back to the UK, gi’s a job!

Experienced UK, Europe, North America… :laughing: :sunglasses:

bobthedog:
Experienced … North America… :laughing: :sunglasses:

You might need to contact McBurneys for that, they’ll send you out with a driver so you know the run !!!

Scarily enough, I’ve seen several Mullen trucks out here. Look the same colours, too.

Dukes, too. I tell you, there’s no escape!!!

congratulations - i seriously mean that too.
i hope that thorburns continue operating for a very long time and please get rid of them white trucks or paint them up in traditional thorburn colours.
your trucks have always stood out on the roads and they have been very good for the industry i hope that will carry on.

times are hard in this industry, they get harder all the time, it doesn’t help when truck drivers are represented badly on the road or in the press, articles like speeding juggernaut etc. show us in a bad light and it’s often the bad things people remember most, trucks that stand out like stan robinsons, coles and thorburns help present a good clean image of this industry and perhaps put a little bit of a shine on something better about trucks and truck drivers.

good luck mr thorburn and family.

jeanette@thorburntranspor:
To all those genuine and concerned people out there, thanks for all your support and best wishes.

For those others, go and find another industry to run down. As long as there are people like you in this industry, we will always be viewed upon as second class citizens.

Oh and by the way, we got our licence back

Cheers xxxxxxxxx

Jeanette

Good Result that,Well Done

Mike-C:
I’ve got a good CV:
Greylaw Freight
DriverProvider/Fahy Freight
Liverpool Container Services
PDL
etc. !!!

So let me guess Mike, you were the 1 driver at PDL who ran straight…■■?

Great that you got the licence back.

I just noticed you get a mention in “This truckin’ Life”

montana man:
So let me guess Mike, you were the 1 driver at PDL who ran straight…■■?

To be honest i was working for one of their subbys. I remember the place being absolutley full of trucks,inside and all outside down the road waiting for the ferry to come in and then it was like mayhem, trailers in,picked transhipped and they where flying out of there like mad, loads of them. I went into there last year, McBurneys now as you know. Didn’t seem anywhere near as busy as it once was.

Mike-C:
To be honest i was working for one of their subbys.

When was that Mike, I may know you ( at least by sight or motor ).?

The Biker:
Great that you got the licence back.

I just noticed you get a mention in “This truckin’ Life”

And a favourable one as well from what I can remember from the book.