They are kidding!

Imp:

andy187:

alix776:
… benton been all flash any of th trucks hat are tarted up is done by the drver not the company

who woud spend there own cash on the gaffers trucks■■? :unamused:

And if it is that rate how can they afford it■■?

Worked once for some one years ago with a fleet of globetrotter f12s…

wanted me to come in at weekends unpaid to clean and polish trucks. also said if iu went and bought chrome bits they would fit them FOC
guess what??

. bye!!!

And if rumour control is correct driver pays and workshops fits all the toys but when driver leaves toys stay. Now thats a deal and a half aint it! LOL

£6.49 p/h for a class 1. Now add in todays cost of living morgage, fuel bills, council tax, running car, food on the up and figure how many hours you need at that ■■■■ poor rate to pay to live.
According to one poor sole I know who once worked there, they dont like you doing many hours either. Fortunatly for him he woke up and now drives well a shed for nearer £10 p/h.

so how can they afford all the crap bling on that money. dont they have mortgages and famliys to pay for.

Why the hell would anyone buy things for anybody elses motor?

Its the same as me paying for the tyres on any of your personal cars!
Bloody idiots! :unamused:

Billy Big Wheels Syndrome at work here I think, it’s a terrible affliction, it also causes poor vision so you need lots of lights, day blindness so you need to have curtains with frilly tassles obscuring side windows & OCD so you have to keep polishing wheels & diesel tanks, oh & it also makes you talk complete bollox at every opportunity, wouldn’t wish it on my worse enemy :laughing: :laughing:

Thats a terrrible rate! :open_mouth:

6.49, nights? complete and utter pish take.

it maybe a terrible rate but rates depend on the area

alix776:
it maybe a terrible rate but rates depend on the area

So their head office must be in Zimbabwe then :question: :laughing:

and heres me thinking i was maybe being a bit picky declining a job which paid £7.35 an hour. its sad to say but maybe the low rates are because they know that polish and other drivers from that area will do the job because :
its more than they can earn at home
they claim benifits for their wife an kids who are living back in their mother country.
the extra money they claim here goes a long long way back in poland.
im not having a pop at poles cos my surname ends in “ski” and im proud of it.
born and bred in england!!!

i was once parked at m18 services at the side of one of bentons then another appeared at the side of him they were talkin about one of ems polished alloy fuel caps, never seen two grown men so exited about fuel caps.
i drove off laughin to my self thinkin ow sad they were.

You see em everywhere, £2k worth of lights & chrome & they camp out in laybys eating pot noodles, total self pleasurers :wink:

I worked with a bloke a few years ago who saved £200 every week to spend on his lorry, we were on £500 pw then, he had a load of kids who looked like they were straight out of Oliver Twist & drove a mk1 Transit to work, but he had a Roo Bar on the front of his F12 & one of them screen guard monstrosities, more lights than Blackpool & all the rest of the ■■■■■■ we only did Italy & Poland FFS, i never saw a kangaroo once in all the times I went there :exclamation:

most membe on this site will be on that kind ofhourly rate

really :question: :question: :question: :question:

Even taking regional differences into consideration ,6.49 on nights , you really think most of us would work for that ffs!!!

most companies in preston pay only 650-7 ph even angency is not even 7 ph

we get 7.50 an hour on 7.5t on nights down here and it goes up to 8.25 after 8 hours.

i dont mean to be rude or anything but i wouldnt get out of bed for that

CleanerLocation: Northwich, CheshireSalary: £8.00 - 10.00 per hourAdvertiser: RED Recruitment NW R.E.DCategory: Cleaners & DomesticsAdditional Category: Health & CareJob type: Part TimeDate posted: 27/02/2008 15:56

Description: Cleaner required for a busy office within the Northwich Town Centre.
Our client requires someone who is flexible with there hours and has had some experience in this field.
General cleaning duties include, hoovering of all office areas, polishing of desks and furniture, washing dishes and just generally ensuring the office is overall clean and presentable.

Job reference: JOBJOURNEYNorthWest/005Contact: Hannah Fleetwood

one thing i would like to know if a driver wants to spend THIER money on a truck its THERE desision why is it many other drivers think it sad you could say the same about someone who goes out a spots trains.

if thats what the driver wants to do its up to them. if they want a truck that looks that way.

alix776:
one thing i would like to know if a driver wants to spend THIER money on a truck its THERE desision why is it many other drivers think it sad you could say the same about someone who goes out a spots trains.

Anybody on this site could be accused of being a ‘trainspotter’ but do train drivers or anyone from any other industry spend their own money tarting up someone elses equipment, I think not & the point is that most of them are working for peanuts just so they can drive a top of the range motor & that is sad, really sad & it keeps our wages down all the while they continue, if they want to nail a load of ■■■■ to their lorry then that is their business as you rightly say but why not earn decent money at the same time, they might even earn enough to employ a pole to polish all the shiny bits :laughing:

I’m on more than that and I drive a 08 Maxus, and there is no way I’m gonna double it’s value by putting a shiny bit on it!

MADBAZ:
I’m on more than that and I drive a 08 Maxus, and there is no way I’m gonna double it’s value by putting a shiny bit on it!

Don’t drop any loose change down the side of the seat then :laughing:

alix776:

if thats what the driver wants to do its up to them. if they want a truck that looks that way.

I agree that if the driver wants to spend his hard-earned (very hard earned in this case :open_mouth: ) on a load of chavved-up bling then its down to him, its his money and none of my business. Doesnt interest me in the slightest but whatever floats ya boat.

However what i dont get is how your making a correlation between someone spending his own money to make the boss’s property look good and someone who spends no money whatsoever on sitting on a railway station and writing dwon train numbers! give me a choice and it would be an anorak, NHS glasses and a manky old butty every time! :smiley:

oi!..don’t knock them maximuski’s…nothing wrong with them vans from birminghamistan… :open_mouth: :smiley: