The truck of the year 2014 is

Just being announced in Moscow at Comtrans

and our spies tell us it is the new Volvo FH
commercialmotor.com/latest-n … -year-2014

MAN TGX ■■?

Truck of the year stickers, seen them on some real ■■■■ trucks over the years, does it mean anything?

Atkinson Borderer.

“Live the dream with the NEW Atkinson Borderer. ■■■■■■■ 220, 9 speed Fuller gearbox, Power steering, heater, suspension seat, optional earmuffs so you can hear yourself think…”

“3 2 1, your back in the room.”

Makes a change from the usual stuff.

Ken.

ERF?

Argo’s Scania? :slight_smile:

a skip?

Truckbling:
a skip?

Better than a tesco axor…

Saw an Atkinson with a Gardner 150 yesterday 15:00 hrs at Holmes chapel A50! :sunglasses: tried explaining to my five and ten year old daughters! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Fatboy slimslow:
Saw an Atkinson with a Gardner 150 yesterday 15:00 hrs at Holmes chapel A50! :sunglasses: tried explaining to my five and ten year old daughters! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

More Intrested in the Scania V8 :laughing: :slight_smile:

…not my MAN.

Has the Actros mp4 not won yet? Stralis this year, no back handing going on there…

Couldn’t see anything else coming close - the other contenders were;

Volvo = new chassis, new g/box, new cab

MAN = tweaked cab/chassis
Merc Arocs = construction range only
Daf = new chassis, 1x new engine, tweaked cab
Scania = ‘Streamline’… new? do me a favour!!

All the lorry’s that still wear their old “truck of the year” stickers on their sunvisors, are either fairground lorries or clapped out heaps of junk.

Quinny:
Atkinson Borderer.

“Live the dream with the NEW Atkinson Borderer. ■■■■■■■ 220, 9 speed Fuller gearbox, Power steering, heater, suspension seat, optional earmuffs so you can hear yourself think…”

“3 2 1, your back in the room.”

Makes a change from the usual stuff.

Ken.

Heaven, sheer heaven, better than the actual gated box, used to take me all day to get the hang of that.

“Truck of the Year” is total industry flim-flam, even the Iveco Stralis has been “Truck of the Year”.

Fatboy slimslow:

My dad gives me the Gardner 180s will run forever speech from time to time :grimacing:

Silver_Surfer:
Has the Actros mp4 not won yet?

2012 :wink:

Ahh ok fair enough. Thing is they only release trucks once every 5-10 years so truck of the year must struggle to pick a jedder.

How can they have truck of the year 2014, when we are still in 2013?
And surely they can’t have truck of the year 2013 until the year is finished, and all the truck stats are in?