The truck of the year 2014 is

Personally I think the whole thing is just a money wasting jolly for the boys. Nobody takes any notice and even less base truck buying decisions on it.

Edit; Just googled it, truck of the year in the year I escaped out of some lady parts was the Seddon Atkinson 200. *does deep ■■■■ voice looks…quality…power…you’ve got it all in the incredible new Seddon Atkinson 200

Harry Monk:
“Truck of the Year” is total industry flim-flam, even the Iveco Stralis has been “Truck of the Year”.

And how many Stralis have you owned or even driven Harry? You should get a demo and get your eyes opened to how good they really are. A perfect owner driver lorry and the new one does Euro6 without a DPF, trust me, that alone should make it a clear winner

Actros (the original) has won the ITOY crown, I took one to the 25yr celebration parade. I also did the articles in TRUCK on the Actros, along with the FH, 4 series, Ford and IVECO Cargos, the Daf XF and some more I forget now

The Sed Ak 200 may not seem such a good choice now, but my dear Switchy, it was in its day.

In fact there has never been a lemon awarded the honour, it may be a good excuse for a ■■■■ up, but the judges are all very well respected people within the industry and they do know what they’re talking about, a lot of firms have made a lot of money from previous winners…

How about the FL10, or the Merc LN2 range, the F10/12, the 3 series, the F90 MAN and even Harry’s onion box, they have all won it!

Yes, but that’s my whole point, they just share it out so everybody gets a turn, otherwise it would be possible for a truck to win it twice in a row.

newmercman:
The Sed Ak 200 may not seem such a good choice now, but my dear Switchy, it was in its day.

!

Oh I wasn’t really taking the ■■■■ out of it winning, I’ve no doubt it was. I’ve actually always liked the look of them actually. In fact I’ve been reading about them in the past week in a classic truck magazine.

No there’s criteria about the dates to avoid that, I don’t know what it is, but there’s something.

The MK1 FH won it twice, but there were a bunch of changes to the original, although apart from the lower floor you would have a job to see them.

Now there are only Daf, IVECO, MAN, Merc, Renault, Scania and Volvo to choose from so it does narrow it down a bit, although if you look back, between them they’ve dominated it every year with the exception the Seddon Atki and the Leyland Roadtrain.

switchlogic:
Personally I think the whole thing is just a money wasting jolly for the boys. Nobody takes any notice and even less base truck buying decisions on it.

Edit; Just googled it, truck of the year in the year I escaped out of some lady parts was the Seddon Atkinson 200. *does deep ■■■■ voice looks…quality…power…you’ve got it all in the incredible new Seddon Atkinson 200

And it obviously put you off lady bits for life my good man!

bigtruck:

switchlogic:

I’ve just realised, I didn’t exit through the lady bits. I was hacked out because I’ve a giant bulbous head. Like a lightbulb…or Bertie. #BulbousHeadsRock

switchlogic:

bigtruck:

switchlogic:

I’ve just realised, I didn’t exit through the lady bits. I was hacked out because I’ve a giant bulbous head. Like a lightbulb…or Bertie. #BulbousHeadsRock

Ha ha brilliant !