The forum troll of the day/quoting

Ok we’ve got a troll again, i won’t name the twerp because if you feed a troll it keeps them virtually alive.

May i ask the sensible posters here, if you haven’t already blocked the outpourings of the present one by blocking it, would you please not quote those senseless banal outpourings in your replies, when you do so the words of the fool just get more exposure.

Just a polite request folks.

Thanks.

Course if admin or the mods fancy dealing with it, then i suspect many here would be very grateful.

I block several posters, it means I don’t have to read their banal offerings.

Understood,but it’s a jolly good laugh :laughing: :laughing:

Don’t really get the “troll” thing.
Everyone’s entitled to their opinions…and tbh there"s as much sheet spouted by “serious posters” anyway.
Funk em
Takes more than words on a screen to wind me up.

Isn’t “Trolling” when someone launches a strongly-worded weak argument against a strong-minded sensible argument? :sunglasses:

commonrail:
Don’t really get the “troll” thing.
Everyone’s entitled to their opinions…and tbh there"s as much sheet spouted by “serious posters” anyway.
Funk em
Takes more than words on a screen to wind me up.

This will wind you up - time after time. :wink:

Clock Key.jpg

youtu.be/eAfyFTzZDMM

We talking about the person who can’t post in sensible English ? and used to have another user name ? and has asked what’s XY&Z like to work for in a space of a week

Well that narrows it down :laughing:

Prominent on ‘‘the average trucker’’, he has met with some hostile responses.

Easy enough to block, but unfortunately when posters responding to him, usually to give him verbal, they quite reasonably quote one of his posts, hence why i asked if poss to not quote as it just gives him more coverage.

He started another thread, similar to one mods removed a week or so ago, i see that one vanished in short order too so mods/admin must be well aware.

Yes we all talk ■■■■■■■■ now and again, and we have minor spats among ourselves, generally though it’s pretty light hearted here and the mild ■■■■ taking out of one another is as would happen in any transport yard, but those who just post to disrupt or be plain nasty, IMHO spoil it for most.

I’ve been trying to remember who he used to come on here as, it is the same style.
To be fair, though, he does come out with some valid points sometimes.
For example he goes on about long excessive hours in relation to pay, and how those on these hours in a poor pay structure, still think they are on ‘good money’ . A point I have made myself many times on here.
The problem is nobody wants to debate it with him, or agree for that matter, as his posting style shows him up to be an arrogant obnoxious prick.

Unlike chlymidia if ignored long enough it will go away.

the maoster:
Unlike chlymidia if ignored long enough it will go away.

Now you tell me! :open_mouth:

robroy:
I’ve been trying to remember who he used to come on here as, it is the same style.
To be fair, though, he does come out with some valid points sometimes.
For example he goes on about long excessive hours in relation to pay, and how those on these hours in a poor pay structure, still think they are on ‘good money’ . A point I have made myself many times on here.
The problem is nobody wants to debate it with him, or agree for that matter, as his posting style shows him up to be an arrogant obnoxious prick.

That’s fair comment, but those of us not wedged up our own arses who’ve been there and have several T shirts and bitter memories try and point out to the lads stuck in this rut that there is another way, a bit of encouragement to seek out better by knocking on doors where jobs are never advertised, is more likely to help lads see whats going on and try for better.

We all know there is better out there, but its bloody easy to get stuck in what you often describe absolutely correctly as an endurance test, i got to that point on the cars, ended up part of the bloody machine near enough, what i hadn’t realised was that after 20 years of it and aged 55 it was bloody killing me, it took my Mrs, a woman far too good for me, to sit me down and explain she didn’t want to be the richest widow in the town, within three weeks i’d put me notice in with no job to go to with her encouragement and full support, yes the sun does shine out my arse where she is concerned :sunglasses:

Yes i earned big money on it, but once i got onto the tanks where i am now, i didn’t earn the top line simply because i’d cut me hours by at least a third and more like a half some weeks, plus less days working, and my average pay for every hour worked actually worked out higher than on the cars.

The (hopefully) more sensible of us try and encourage others not to make the same mistakes we have, but that’s a world of difference to just abusing blokes trying to earn a bloody crust who in many cases are doing so many bloody hours they haven’t got time or the energy to find another stable.

Juddian:
Yes we all talk ■■■■■■■■ now and again.

We all have our own working and sometimes serious personal issues to deal with but having a laugh and making light (as long as its not detrimental to anyone) keeps the stress and heart attacks away. Never mind an apple…talking bollox keeps the doctor away… :grimacing:

Juddian:
We all know there is better out there

And that’s why I’ve still got a limp… :unamused:
But on that point, everyone is different. Some want to work every hour looking to bank as much as they can, while others are looking for more of a balance and accept there is generally a trade off. I’ve yet to find mine but the hunt continues, which is sadly slow with this gammy leg! :cry:

It’s all experience though, and while I’m a limper it’s easy to jump from gig to gig to see what’s about and suits me…
Nothing! :open_mouth:
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

robroy:

It’s likely to be either the terminally-unemployable Desypete, or (less likely) that guy who had the Hobgoblin pump clip as his avatar and dropped the amusing ‘Mr Meaners’ faux pas a while ago.

Juddian:
We all know there is better out there, but its bloody easy to get stuck in what you often describe absolutely correctly as an endurance test

The (hopefully) more sensible of us try and encourage others not to make the same mistakes we have, but that’s a world of difference to just abusing blokes trying to earn a bloody crust who in many cases are doing so many bloody hours they haven’t got time or the energy to find another stable.

I aint advocating abuse to drivers, although one or two do bloody annoy me.
I refer to the no hopers, who are blisfully unaware of how their services are being abused, but instead are happy as a pig in ■■■■ (Usually because they are driving an all singing and dancing Supermegagiggaliner lit up like Blackpool) for 100 quid for 55 hours going up to their overtime rate of another 20p an hour.
Then boast about their ‘good money’ top line rate for doing a week and two thirds work in 6 days,…as I said totally blissful in their terminal stupidity.
Ok, I exaggerate the crap pay amount bit, but you get my drift. So to be fair the abuse you mention Juddian, could be described as appropriate to some.

Part of me says ‘’ ok, ■■■■ them, let them get on with it’’ but in the long run as long as these idiots are not only content, but happy :open_mouth: to continue in this way, how are wages (and more importantly wage structures) ever going to improve in general haulage.

I think that was the drift of one of the posts our friend clumsily attempted to put across, and it says how much of an agitator he is when EVEN I come across as TACTFUL :open_mouth: in comparison. :laughing: :laughing:

Juddian:

No problem encouraging others to look for better, but I sometimes feel many will be on a futile search. Good jobs seem to get fewer and further apart as the industry keeps it’s headlong dive to the bottom and good firms either go out of business or the accountants takeover and the workforce becomes a number on the overheads column to be cut or contracted out.

Although it’s not just haulage, it seems to affect many industries and many workers, except a few at the top and those that have managed to hang on to some bargaining power, although as we see the Government, their corporate buddy’s and their media attack dogs are trying to smash the last vestiges of union power, so we can all have our pay and conditions cut and do bugger all about it.

Olog Hai:

robroy:

It’s likely to be either the terminally-unemployable Desypete, or (less likely) that guy who had the Hobgoblin pump clip as his avatar and dropped the amusing ‘Mr Meaners’ faux pas a while ago.

Couldn’t be Pete mate.
Pete can not make a post without including the word ‘moron’ the dcpc, or a reference to taking a crap in a carrier bag. :laughing:

Don’t recall The Hobgoblin/Mr Meaners thing .