The end of a few north east hauliers (tal)

I have heard that Simpson Bros at Tyneside are taking over the Phillips seahouses lot, just a rumour, but would be good for the drivers if true.

Simpsons are also part of Linq Alliance and a member of Palletforce in the same way as Fagan and Whalley, Bedfords etc. There is always a few of their lads parked up in Bedfords yard on a night time.

They have a nice site at the Drum ind est at Birtley, a long way from their former hq at Throckley, and they seem to be doing nicely.

If they are able to throw some of these lads a lifeline, then good on them.

Ken.

darwin:
I have heard that Simpson Bros at Tyneside are taking over the Phillips seahouses lot, just a rumour, but would be good for the drivers if true.

hi darwin heard that aswell, also been told a company has took freeways on my old man got to go back in monday,

cheers mark

marcus 22:

darwin:

hi darwin heard that aswell, also been told a company has took freeways on my old man got to go back in monday,

cheers mark

Hello Mark, dont know whether you remember me I have spoke to you a few times over over the years, but I have known Stan for a lot of years,give him my best and tell him I hope he gets fixed up shortly. THis goes for the rest of the lads also.

regards.
Kevin Mc Namara.

kevmac47:

marcus 22:

darwin:

cheers mark

Hello Mark, dont know whether you remember me I have spoke to you a few times over over the years, but I have known Stan for a lot of years,give him my best and tell him I hope he gets fixed up shortly. THis goes for the rest of the lads also.

regards.
Kevin Mc Namara.

Hello kevin,
know the name but cant place the face, seemingly freeways starting up again next week a company from worksop took them on , i think its mainly for the davy roll contract, but dont know how many trucks they are taking.
cheers mark

I never quite understood what TAL were about, buying companies in Northumberland etc. Hope this doesn’t go the way of so many others with pre pack buy-outs and no assets. TAL were doing an amount of work for BOC (or Linde) on traction, but really a fair amount could be covered by existing firms up there anyway, just another indication of the reduction in the N.E. economy, that’s why I moved south too.

Best of luck to those affected.

HEARD TODAY PETER SIMPSON IS SUPPOSED TO BE INTERESTED IN SOM OF THE GROUP.AS HE SOLD SIMPSON BROS TRANSPORT.CANT SEE THEM BUYING ANYTHING UP AS MY MATE WAS DRIVING FOR THEM AND BY THE SOUNDS OF IT THEY DONT HAVE TWO PENNYS TO RUB TOGETHER.SURE J R ADAMS WILL TAKE OTHER WORK ON.TAL GROUP JUST TO BIG TO QUICK.

gazzad:
HEARD TODAY PETER SIMPSON IS SUPPOSED TO BE INTERESTED IN SOM OF THE GROUP.AS HE SOLD SIMPSON BROS TRANSPORT.CANT SEE THEM BUYING ANYTHING UP AS MY MATE WAS DRIVING FOR THEM AND BY THE SOUNDS OF IT THEY DONT HAVE TWO PENNYS TO RUB TOGETHER.SURE J R ADAMS WILL TAKE OTHER WORK ON.TAL GROUP JUST TO BIG TO QUICK.

Need to turn your caps lock off old pal.

Saw a Simpsons trailer being pulled by an 09 plate TAL MAN on the A1 on Sunday night.

Ken.

Post removed, Please read the rules regarding posting gossip/rumour/bull manure on these forums.

greek:
TAL Logistics went bump Mon everybody finished.
Under the TAL banner you had Gallacher`s Freeway,Van Hee,Galaxy, David Park,Philips of Seahouses all North east companies so even less work for drivers up here now. Was thinking the other day about how many Hauliers there used to be up here all disapeared, manufacturing in this area seems to be disapearing all the jobs now seem to be in the distribution of foodstuff & other comodities 24/7 :frowning:
Wonder if me model truck gone up in value now :exclamation:

Nice model

Sorry Quinny is this better for you?.

roadtransport.com/Articles/2 … ctions.htm

Anyone expecting any money■■?

Wheel Nut:
http://www.roadtransport.com/Articles/2010/12/13/137646/Ex-TAL-staff-start-tribunal-actions.htm

The bit about directors loans,in the last paragraph of that link makes interesting reading.I would have thought that it was part of a liquidators job to investigate every possibility of recouping money for creditors.
If I was a creditor reading that statement I would be less than pleased.

Carryfast:
Down here in the South East it’s always been like that for us with haulage jobs and companies few and far between.

No, that would have been where you were concerned…

Seriously, how the hell can you say that? I worked for David Croome and I lived in Cornwall!! I got offered a job for another SE firm, too.

Sorry to hear this news about TAL. It ■■■■■… big time!

Gridley51:

Wheel Nut:
http://www.roadtransport.com/Articles/2010/12/13/137646/Ex-TAL-staff-start-tribunal-actions.htm

The bit about directors loans,in the last paragraph of that link makes interesting reading.I would have thought that it was part of a liquidators job to investigate every possibility of recouping money for creditors.

Sorry, what got lopped off the end was the fact that the administrators have asked for proof of this and the appropriate declarations made to HMRC reagrding the tax on the dividends.

Dom Perry
Road Transport Group

Dom Perry:

Gridley51:

Wheel Nut:

Sorry, what got lopped off the end was the fact that the administrators have asked for proof of this and the appropriate declarations made to HMRC reagrding the tax on the dividends.

Dom Perry
Road Transport Group

Thanks Dom,that makes sense now.

bobthedog:

Carryfast:
Down here in the South East it’s always been like that for us with haulage jobs and companies few and far between.

No, that would have been where you were concerned…

Seriously, how the hell can you say that? I worked for David Croome and I lived in Cornwall!! I got offered a job for another SE firm, too.

He wasn’t as lucky as you or me Bob :stuck_out_tongue:

My full commiserations with all drivers caught up in this.

It is yet another example that proves it is more sensible to be an employed driver than to try to start up as a contractor.

But, when haulage companies go ■■■■ up, that demonstrates the real state of the economy in that area.

Government take note (if you actually care about the NE).

Tone (suffern ex-pat in the NE (retired))

canaldrifter:
Government take note (if you actually care about the NE).

Tone (suffern ex-pat in the NE (retired))

Newcastle Council Lib Dem 700 Jobs to go
Gateshead Council Labour 600 Jobs to go
Eaga NE 800 Jobs to go 400 in Newcastle and 400 in Gateshead

The Coalition are still saying the cutbacks wont affect the Unemployment figures in the North East, so I think next year will see an increase in North East haulage companies going ■■■■ up as the money wont be there to buy white goods meaning a lot less manufacturing etc etc etc

The council jobs that go will be ok,they will get a nice little pay off then move to another council or department some where