The end of a few north east hauliers (tal)

TAL Logistics went bump Mon everybody finished.
Under the TAL banner you had Gallacher`s Freeway,Van Hee,Galaxy, David Park,Philips of Seahouses all North east companies so even less work for drivers up here now. Was thinking the other day about how many Hauliers there used to be up here all disapeared, manufacturing in this area seems to be disapearing all the jobs now seem to be in the distribution of foodstuff & other comodities 24/7 :frowning:
Wonder if me model truck gone up in value now :exclamation:

I here NDL Darlington (Newton Aycliffe) have closed the doors too.

I’m positive i saw an ad for c+e drivers for TAL not 2 months ago■■?

How will work if they did take on■■?

bad news alround how many wagons in the group anyone know? how many men more to the point

Must be good news for Adams, Ramage etc.

Ken.

We have managed to confirm that TAL Logistics entered administration on Monday, The journalists at CM are attempting to get more details.

I rang the head office in Sheffield on Tueesday to speak with accounts about some money owed , and sure enough noone available as they had entered administration , luckily only a few hundred quid , bet we dont see any of that :cry: :cry:

Quinny:
Must be good news for Adams, Ramage etc.

Ken.

but not good news for the guys thats been paid off, my father been at freeways 37year got told to empty his truck when he got back on monday,

i hear their could be a lifeline for gallaghers and freeways some company from worksop interested as taking them on as a going concern, but not sure about phillips or galaxy who TAL took on aswell, it did,nt take TAL group long to take them all down, to big to quick springs to mind though, hope the lads all get sorted.

mark

young trucker:
I rang the head office in Sheffield on Tueesday to speak with accounts about some money owed , and sure enough noone available as they had entered administration , luckily only a few hundred quid , bet we dont see any of that :cry: :cry:

If its wages your owed you will get it from the government fund that was set up especially for cases like this, including outstanding holiday pay owed, if it was for work you were contracted to do as a supplier then kiss it goodbye :wink:

Bear in mind though, holidays run april to march so unless you worked a year lying on for holidays you’ll only be owed around 1 days holiday

Hi daveydriver,
think most of the guys been told they will be paid everything they are owed hols etc, like i said in earlier post my old man been at freeways for 37year, got back on monday night and told to clear truck out, your out of a job, not even a thanks for the service or a reason why, so he does not know what he will be entitled to.

cheers mark

Marcus, I don’y know if your hearing the same gossip/rumours as me, but I am getting whispers that in particular the Freeways side is being looked at closely, I do hope so as there are some good lads on there and the Davey Rolls work has always been pretty lucrative

As a former North East lad, it’s one of the reasons why I moved south due to lack of work in my home area.It would seem there’s even less of it now. :frowning:

I hope those affected get sorted soon.

Ken.

Marcus maybe Stan could end up with a lump & a job about a mile up the road there`s not that many pulling flats these days & somebody will have to cover both Freeways & Gallachers Quite a few of their men been there a few yrs as well.

Where an employer has been formally declared insolvent, any employees owed wages can make a claim under the Employment Protection Regulations (EPR) for payment of outstanding wages from the National Insurance Fund.

An employer is formally insolvent if it is subject to bankruptcy, liquidation, administrative receivership, administration, or company/individual voluntary arrangement.

The amount that can be claimed is limited, but generally, the following can be claimed:

8 weeks’ wages up to a weekly limit (currently £380 per week) - this includes commission and overtime
Payment in lieu of notice up to a weekly limit (currently £380 per week) - an employee should claim Jobseekers Allowance immediately upon dismissal, as their claim for payment in lieu of notice will be reduced by the amount of Job Seekers Allowance (whether they claim the Allowance or not).
6 weeks’ holiday pay up to a weekly limit (currently £380 per week) for unused holidays or for holidays taken but not paid, accrued in the previous 12 months
Redundancy
Other payments including statutory payments for time off work, e.g. sick pay, maternity leave; a basic award for compensation for unfair dismissal; reasonable reimbursement of apprentices’ or articled clerks’ fees and any ‘protective award’ made by an industrial tribunal.

Have a look here for more detailed info:

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/pdfs/guidanceleafletspdf/guideforemployees.pdf

How closely are the TC’s looking at these group buyouts finances and men behind the scenes before granting them a new licence?

A very nice gentlemans outfitters with well dressed Taylors dummies in the shop window. Unfortunately it doesn’t seem like there are any rolls of cloth on the shelves in the cutting room.

From an earlier time

jj72:
just had a look at that TAL’s website - owner driver to signing contracts with the chinese worth £100m in a short space of time… hmmm, am I just a cynic?

Hi Guys and Gals

Firstly let me say how sorry I am to hear about the people who have lost jobs and are owed money. I worked for Tal years ago from their old Sheffield office and then on the GEFCO contract and at the time they were a great company to work for - this is before the expansion though. Part of the company though was a driving agency called Talstaff run out of same office and everything are they still operating?? Like i said at start of thread my heart goes out to you regarding your jobs!!

greek:
Marcus maybe Stan could end up with a lump & a job about a mile up the road there`s not that many pulling flats these days & somebody will have to cover both Freeways & Gallachers Quite a few of their men been there a few yrs as well.

HI greek,
hope they all get sorted, my dad been offered a couple of things already, tony tailford been on the phone told him their is a job their if he wants it, he,s ok for now he has no mortgage, but my younger brother their also worked for them he is in florida on holiday he does not know yet, my dad didnt tell him,

cheers mark

greek:
TAL Logistics went bump Mon everybody finished.
Under the TAL banner you had Gallacher`s Freeway,Van Hee,Galaxy, David Park,Philips of Seahouses all North east companies so even less work for drivers up here now. Was thinking the other day about how many Hauliers there used to be up here all disapeared, manufacturing in this area seems to be disapearing all the jobs now seem to be in the distribution of foodstuff & other comodities 24/7 :frowning:

Down here in the South East it’s always been like that for us with haulage jobs and companies few and far between.

Couldnt understand why anyone wanted to buy the companies in the first place they were all on the way down David Park used to have all the lead out of the Newcastle lead works that closed!, Gallachers used to do a lot of fabrication,work + De la Rue, another job wall panels out of North Shields, Armstrong Cork a bit fo plant & low lowder work ,all this work was gone when TAL bought them & Freeway mainly had Davy Roll & little bits of other work Van Hee as far as I know only had the pulp out of Sunderland, Dont know much about the other companies but I don`t think they were on the up. But I suppose its kept lads in work for a couple of yrs
Its definatly not a project I would have took on if I was wanting to make Money :bulb: